Shores of Panama Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
View Hotel
Coconut Grove Motor Inn(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Ocean Breeze By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Cook's Motel(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Summer Breeze Motel(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsreserved parking spotindoor pool and hot tubzero entrypineapple williesrented directlyowned condobunk roomkids loved the poolsuper nicethese unitsmanagement companyarm bandswrap around balconyview of the oceanspring breakersbeach frontwasher and dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Always rent from owner- She owns a efficiency condo on the bottom floor which is perfect for us. The condo is always clean and equipped for our entire visit. We always feel safe when we stay here. There isn't a ocean view from this room, but you are just steps from pool and ocean. The Pool area is great with a great view of the ocean. Never have any problems with check in or with the staff. Last thing is love this location- but it is like a resort and can be costly!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brewColumbus_Georgia
James A, General Manager at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

I'm very glad that you enjoyed your winter getaway from Georgia! Here at Shores, we do whatever it takes to exceed our guest's expectations. We're blessed to have a truly unparalleled team of professionals. I agree with you in that the views of our pool deck and the majestic gulf are exceptional.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Tropical regards,

James Ayres

Reviewed 25 November 2013

So, the point of staying in a condo (or main point, in my opinion) is to have the kitchen/washer-dryer extras. The unit we stayed in on this visit was sad. Firstly, we walked in to dirt on all of the floors, no paper towels, 1 bar of soap and no laundry soap for the washer. It appeared to have not been maintained as the shower head leaked, the handle for the toilet was broken and dust was laden on the fan/t.v./light fixtures/console. I've never stayed at a condo that lacked and/or skimped on all of the aforementioned. The resort itself was nice. The outdoor pool area was very attractive (although too cold to use when we were there) and the indoor pool area (which was usable and heated) was small but decent. We booked the condo through hotels.com so when we arrive we were directed to another building for check-in and then had to return to the main building to check-in (again) and pay $70.00 for wrist bands so that we could have access to the 'amenities' of the resort. This resort 'nickeled and dimed' us at every turn and this, coupled with the unit (and its issues) translates to a no-planned-return-visit to this particular facility for us in the future. It earned 3 a star rating from us based on the attractive pool area that led to the outside beach access, which is absolutely a beautiful beach. But, make sure you drop the $70 for the wrist bands or you won't be able to enjoy the beach access from the resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hotchx4
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for providing your comments. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced while staying at Shores of Panama. I do hope that you will return and give Emerald View Resorts the opportunity to turn this around and help you to build fond memories. We try to exceed our guest expectation from the time they arrive until their departure. Our phone number for reservations is 850-249-1244 ext. 1

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Last year we reserved a condo at Shores of Panama Beach Resort for the 2013 Ironman race. We prepaid for our condo in order to receive a discount which was available to those racing. All was good until April 2013 when we received an email from the Shores management advising that the rental management company was out of business and we no longer had a room. The email advised that we call their 800 number to discuss reimbursement for the $881.00 we prepaid. However, when I called the 800 number there was no answer. I continued for several days and weeks to call their 800 number and email them with no responses to my inquiries about being reimbursed. We then had to defer the matter to American Express. After another month or so we were then advised by our credit card company that they would also not be reimbursing our account for the $881.00. We have yet to ever receive reimbursement from The Shores of Panama. Fortunately we were able to get a condo at The Top of the Gulf condos which ended up being a great place to stay for the Ironman Race. The handling of our reservation and loss of our funds is very frustrating and disappointing. Will never prepay for a room reservation again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank JuliaD59
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. As I told you on the phone you need to call the Panama City Beach police and register your complaint. Emerald View Resorts is the new Rental Management company. We are bonded so our guest can have peace of mind that something like this will never happen when you book through our company.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I booked this room through bookthatcondo.com about a month before my race. It was in walking distance to the start and the expo and relatively inexpensive. I wanted to stay in Laketown Warf, as it's the condo recommended to me by another triathlete who had done the race 2 years ago, but nothing was available there.

We stayed in room 1102 (11th floor direct beach front). The room itself was very clean but looked a bit warn. Kitchen was brand new though. Beds were OK. Pillows were horrible! I swear, I am going to start traveling with my own pillows.

Bookthatcondo was great. They called to confirm we arrived and asked if we needed anything. They even called upon our return to see if we enjoyed our stay.

If in Panama CIty for Ironman Florida, this condo is definitely i good affordable option.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon W

Thank you for providing your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will return in the future and stay with Emerald View Resorts Rentals.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I am writing again to put you guys on notice that we are close to coming back down and we liked room 315 however we would like to be higher up this time.
We stayed 15 days back in July and would have stayed longer but school waits for no one.
We will bring a new addition to our family this year, five kids will enjoy the Shores of Panama,sure hope we have the energy to run after the kiddos.
It is turning cold here, I was looking at web cams around the area and re water looks great, sun is our, beaches are vacant, I am 53 and retired, I should run away and come that way.
My wife would kill me, our baby is due anytime. I am rambling missing you guys, you all made our vacation great. We stay at different places in the past, we now call Shores of Panama our home away from home. We will be back soon, actually we shall see ya in June and July I think.
God Bless

• Stayed: July 2013
Tom D, VP Of perations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for writing such a nice review. It's warm in Panama City Beach and time to get away from the cold and snow. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Shores of Panama and look forward to your return.