“Go Elsewhere”

Shores of Panama Resort
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were slapped with hidden charges at check in ($250 for a three night stay) and it was ridiculous to charge a fee to access the beach at a beachfront condo! I will never be visiting again. Stay away from these money hungry folks. . .

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Mwwoods

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Resort was great as always. Room was very clean and exactly as advertised. Love the zero entry pool. Tiki bar which was steps away from the hot tub and pool. Grounds around pool, restaurant and Tiki bar were immaculate. Only a short walk to the beach and short walk to restaurant next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was very happy with the selection for our annual family vacation. Convenience to the beach, pool, strip, and most importanly when traveling with family Walmart. The room was nice and the only issue we had was the washing machine not working properly for the duration. We adjusted and did not let that stop us from having fun. I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling for some fun in the sun.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Corey T
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We traveled here after booking through Book That Condo. They were alright, but thats a different review. When it came to Shores of Panama it seemed to be very nice. The condo we stayed in was very clean and well kept. The view was great from the balcony and we sat outside each morning while eating breakfast and looking out over the Gulf as well as the pool area.
The pool fee was a little steep to us. I understand that they have a big nice pool and it takes money to operate, however I believe they are making way more money than it takes to operate the pool. It costs $28 per day to have pool and beach access from the resort. I would encourage you to buy the pool bands each day that you actually go to the pool instead of paying for the entire week. In our case one day it was raining so we went shopping and were not at the resort. Another day we decided to save our money and walk right next door to Pineapple Willies and walk down the public beach access. If we had bought the entire week we would have just wasted $60 in those 2 days alone. It doesn't save you any money to buy the entire week, so I would definately just go by the office on your way to the pool and get the bands every day that you actually go.
I feel like this resort is nice, but you just have to realize before you go that you will be having to pay more money for stuff after you get there, because it is not included.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nctraveler89
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I have never seen a more poorly run facility in my life. Our family was treated like prisoners . We were checked every few minutes while at the pool for armbands. My 80 year old grandmother was made to wait in the son and not allowed to enter pool from beach because her arm band had fell off her are. Halls are all dirty. Trash overflowing in trash cans from hallway.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wrentrekin
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First off let me start with that our actual rooms were nice but the staff were AWFUL. We booked through Travelocity and although they had a recorded asking if that included ALL taxes and fees, they charged double for the rooms, and showed absolutely NO compassion towards the situation. Then went on to say that if didn't specify which fees. I am pretty sure "ALL" covers all my bases. The staff then said it would be even twice what they wanted to charge if we canceled. The on duty manager was a rude little punk who should be fired for poor customer relations. I would like to add that even though checkout was at 10AM, staff went around at 8AM banging on the doors to make sure we were checking out at 10. I think I would have appreciated it had it been 9:30 or so. However, I cannot recall a time where I had been in a place that I wanted to make sure the world knew now horrid the service was, enough to make sure no one I know ever gets recommended to it and they know just how poor the experience. Warning all who read. Do NOT stay here. There are many other places that treat their customers much better and would be much more worth your time and money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Sarah C
James A, General Manager at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

The Shores of Panama consists of 709 condominiums. As with most condominium rental programs, these condominiums units are rented and serviced by various companies and many others are rented directly by the respective unit owner. In your case you rented from a separate management company - Emerald View Resorts via Travelocity who was responsible for your accommodations and experience. I would refer you to them to assist with your concerns.

Kind regards,

James E. Ayres
Shores of Panama Resort

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I was a bit uneasy about booking this resort after reading the previous reviews. Yet there was one review that made me dig in further; the hotel staff replied to a negative review by explaining the difference between renting directly from them and renting through a discount site. Upon seeing that i decided to call and speak with the staff directly, during which everything became clear.

Since these are condos and not hotel rooms, they are owned by hundreds of different people who all have different standards of cleanliness and updating. When booking through sites other than the shores of panama site you are dealing with people other than there staff. Their staff does not have much to do with how someone keeps their unit nor advertise the pricing. Which is why so many people are unhappy with the unit as well as these "hidden fees".

I booked directly through the resort for about $10 more a night. Well worth it. When booked directly you get a unit that is cared for by the staff (cleaned and maintenanced) as well as upfront pricing. In was told my exact total and received a breakdown of all charges prior to booking. That total was what I paid period.

Location was great. Staff was attentive. Room was well maintained. Matter of fact I'm actually looking into purchasing a unit there.

Don't be misled by negative reviews.

• Stayed: May 2014
10  Thank Joshua s

Thank you for your recent visit and kind response.

I'm glad that my staff was able to help you directly and provide you an excellent experience.

We hope to welcome you home again soon.

Tropical regards,