“Amazing experience in Panama City”

Dolphin and Snorkel Tours
Ranked #1 of 94 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin And Snorkel Tours is a educational tour company for people who do not want to be in big groups of people and love and respect wildlife. Our boat never exceeds 6 guests per tour. Although the Bottlenose Dolphins are the main attraction, we also show you all kinds of local wildlife. Of course all the animals we see are wild, so we never quite know what we will get to see for sure. Aside from the dolphins, we see many different species of birds like Osprey, Pelicans, Eagles, Wading birds, and many more. We see an occasional Manatee passing through, Sharks, Rays, Turtles, colorful fish, and even Deer. On the snorkeling part of the tour, we go to one of our many places, there are tons of great snorkeling sites in the area. This area is considered to be one of the best places to snorkel in Florida. Some of the places we snorkel are shipwrecks, artificial reefs, sandbars, and sea grass flats. Captain Lorraine, who is the owner and operator, will get in the water with you and teach you how to snorkel correctly and she will pull up sea life like urchins, crabs, mollusks, starfish, sand dollars, and even fish. Of course we make sure to release these delicate creatures unharmed. We encourage guest to only take dead souvenirs home with them. We also stop on Shell Island, which is an uninhabited barrier island, full of shells, wildlife, and world class beaches. You thought the Panama City Beach's were beautiful? Then you are in for a treat, Shell Island Beaches are even more beautiful. Guests commonly say that they feel like they are in the Caribbean when visiting the island. This island can only be accessed by boat. We even do extended tours, where we drive down to the far end of the island or the next island, called Crooked Island, where most people don't get to go. These tours are so far off the beaten path that we can sometimes not see a single other soul for as far as the eye can see. The only thing you need to bring is a towel. We have everything you need from full gear, wetsuits, refreshments, floats, life jackets, sunscreen, a glass bottom viewer, a underwater microphone, and even some extra jackets just in case! Many people like to bring their own snacks and drinks on longer tours. Guests are allowed to bring beer and wine. We also provide an iced cooler and a picnic blanket for you. We are located in Bay Point Marina, which is the closest marina to Shell Island, the area's best snorkeling spots, wildlife rich area's and to the Dolphins. We are not a tour that spends most of our time in route. We start seeing wildlife almost immediately. Our location also allows us to go further off the beaten path down the coastline then many other tours. Here at Dolphin and Snorkel Tours, we have two goals. Our first goal is to be the best tour you will ever be on. We want to make you feel special. We treat you like family when you're with us. We customize our tours to fit your needs and wants. We even do special customized cruises, like concert cruises, moonlight cruises, night snorkeling, engagement cruises and just about anything you can think of. Our second goal is to provide fun, educational experiences, that allow for a greater understanding and respect for wildlife. We pride ourselves in not participating in any harassment of dolphins. We do not chase, feed, or force wild dolphins to swim with us. If they could, the dolphins would thank you for choosing a tour outfitter that cares.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 7 May 2014

With me being 5 months pregnant, my husband and I gave up our normal beach activities (surfing, snorkeling, kayaking) during our trip to Panama City. We decided to take a boat tour to Shell Island with Captain Lorraine, and it turned out to be the best experience we've ever had in Florida. Captain Lorraine was very friendly and tentative to our needs. We saw many dolphins swimming around our boat, and my husband even jumped in the water to swim with them. We even saw a shark swimming by us!

We brought our 8 months old Labrador puppy with us on this boat tour- he definitely had a blast too!

1  Thank Amy H
in 10 reviews
"underwater camera"
"private tour"
in 12 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"star fish"
in 17 reviews
"their natural habitat"
in 14 reviews
"shallow area"
"great trip"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 26 April 2014

An incredible tour led by an incredibly knowledgeable guide! I do believe that Capt. Lorraine is a dolphin whisperer! They just kept coming up to our boat! It was just an awesome time and I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone. I forget exactly how much it was, but three of us went out and I think it was like $40 per person or something including tip for 2 hours. The time and money were well spent. She came highly recommended and now I know why.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Going on a dolphin tour with captain Lorraine happens to be one of my best experiences yet here in Panama City beach! I truly believe I got what I paid for. The absolute best boat trip I've ever been on and the best captain out there. If your wanting to enjoy a wonderful snorkel adventure with the dolphins, or ride during the beautiful sunset, I suggest you book a tour now! I am definitely going to book another soon, so I can indulge in moments of relaxation and enjoy a scenic boat ride through the beautiful waters of PCB! Two thumbs up, Captain Lorraine Fraiser!

1  Thank Kortni P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Capt. Lorraine made our last day of vacation one that we will never forget! My boys (6-8-10) loved watching the dolphins and looking for sea shells. The dolphins came up to the boat and were so friendly and cute. I have a video I want to share on PCB private tours website of a dolphin coming up to visit us near the boat. It was great family fun and Capt. Lorraine is so friendly and knowledgeable about the area and the animals and is prepared for pretty much anything you throw her way. And with children that could be anything. She even made sure my oldest "found" a sharks tooth;) We will definitely go again and next time we want to snorkel!

1  Thank Deidre T