“Best place on beach!”

Palmetto Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We just got back to Tennessee after 2 wk stay. This is our 9th year @ Palmetto & we would not stay anywhere else! This is a family-run business and their goal is to please. Cleanest rooms, grounds, pool & deck area. The support staff (Kay especially) are amazing and always so friendly. The inn just got wifi too! You will not be disappointed by booking @ The Palmetto!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James B
There are newer reviews for Palmetto Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were very pleased with the coziness of this location. Compared to the larger, luxury hotels that are "towers" this hotel was nice because it was almost like renting a beach house. I believe there were only 7 floors so there were not a TON of people trying to get the same spots and it wasn't crowded at all. There was room for everyone! The beaches had complementary umbrellas and eats so no rentals for being comfortable. The full kitchen was great for saving money! The beds were really comfy! The staff was truly sweet as pie. My "ONLY" complaint is that their site makes it seem as if they have an indoor and outdoor pool but the indoor pool is at their sister location across the street. However, this is not a HUGE deal because it is not far at all. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just came back from our vacation after staying at the Palmetto Inn and Suites.The room was clean and spacious.Watching the sunset from the 7th floor was awesome.The staff was awesome and even let us checkout an hour later than the regular checkout time.We had a light bulb burn out in the bathroom,so I called the front desk to tell them,a few minutes passed and she called our room to tell me that she was trying to get in touch with maintenance.A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and it was the girl who worked at the front desk with the light bulbs in hand.She changed them herself.A couple of cons,which aren't really big deals are there's not much for kids to do there.It's either the beach or the pool.Also they have a tiki bar there,but since it was their slow time,it wasn't open.They do have a snack bar with sno cones and ice cream and they have a cooler with coke products and some beer and a small gift shop.There are no safety latches on the top of the doors in the room,so the doors open freely.So if you have a child that like to open doors,keep an eye on them or make sure they don't open the door with you standing in a towel or changing clothes.Lol!!But we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: make sure to get a room on the higher floors so you can see the awesome sunsets..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful beach,hotel very nice and reasonable priced, compared to the others here.all I can see they need a bar! There are restaurants and bars close by.I will defiantly stay here next time up this way.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Our family recently spent some much-needed vacation time at the Palmetto Inn and Suites. This is not a chain, which is often a welcome break from the corporate, stale chain atmosphere you can sometimes get.
The staff is very friendly, the location is great. The beach and pool access are very convenient. Probably my only criticism would be that some updating needs to be done. Appliances in our room were certainly showing their age.
However, the price was extremely competitive, making for a great value.
I'm not sure if we will return to the PCB area, but if we do, we would certainly consider this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just got back from a weekend in PCB and a stay at Palmetto Inn and Suites North side. The first room we were given smelled like someone had been smoking, so I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone over with keys to a new room. We also had an issue with the mini fridge not cooling and again I called the front desk and they sent someone right away to check it out. I was please with the friendliness of every staff member that we dealt with and the promptness to which everything was handled. The room was clean and adequate for a weekend at the beach. My only complaint is the comfort of the beds. Might be time to update the mattresses. With that being said, I would definitely stay here again. I might spend the little extra money and stay on the beach side next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Called twice on the way down to the beach to try and get a room. I had already looked online and saw that there was a room you could get for $75 a night if you stayed for 3 nights. Was told we could get a room but it would cost us $125 for the night. So they jacked the price up $50 just because we only wanted it for the night. Then when I went in to see about the room I was told there were no longer any rooms. But then she found supposedly the last one they had. Shady if you ask me. I have stayed there many times before and was always a nice experience. Don't think I will be staying again. I will spend my money somewhere I won't be lied to.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Apachepaul
palmettoinn75, Guest Relations Manager at Palmetto Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Paul R,

I’m not the front desk representative that you spoke with but I do work the front desk everyday so I know the rates we are quoting this time of year. The higher rate you were quoted was for our standard room in our Beachside building located directly on the beach. The lower rate you saw on our website was for our standard room located in our Northside building. That building is located directly across the street from the beach which is why the rate is lower. We have never charged a $125 rate for the Northside during this time of year. We usually do not rent for only 1 night on the weekend unless it is open for one night only. We also would not “jack up the rate" on you because you wanted to stay 1 night. We have set rates for different times of the year and adhere to those rates whether you want to stay 1, 2 or 3 nights.

We may have had availability when you called on the way down but that doesn’t mean we would still have that same availability once you arrive. It is not uncommon for us to have 20+ walk ins on a Friday or Saturday. When you couple that with people calling and making reservations we can fill up pretty quickly. I apologize if you feel you were misled in any way. As a previous guest you should know that is not how we would treat our guests. I do apologize for the experience you had and hope that you will rethink visiting us again.

Christa M.