“Still going back after 25 years” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palmetto Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Palmetto Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Midland City, Alabama
“Still going back after 25 years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

This is a great place to take your children and teenagers. I started taking my children once or twice a year when they were young. They like it for the indoor pool. I now take my grandchildren 2 or 3 times a year. They love the indoor pool. It is clean and the owners are very friendly. The grocery store is within walking distance and the beach is beautiful. The pool area by the beach is also very nice and pretty.

Cathie in Alabama

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
shannaleigh22
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

We have been staying here for years and always enjoy our stay. We normally choose to stay across the street for the price savings.
When they remodeled, we were scared the price would skyrocket, but it did not. The rooms are always quite clean and the staff is very friendly.
The patio on the beachside is very nice. There are lovely plants, great views, and plenty of chairs.
This is a great place off season also!!

• Liked — The beachside patio
  • Disliked — wish we could stay longer
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

We have stayed at many locations here in Panama City Beach and Destin, but we have found a home. This is the cleanest and best place we have stayed. the staff and owners are the best and nicest we have ever had. Thats from housekeeping to front desk. Thanks for allowing our family to become part of your family. The Word's from ALABAMA.......

• Liked — The entire trip was great
  • Disliked — Do not have any
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
NE Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

We used to stay at the Palmetto years ago before they rebuilt on the beachside. Never, never again will we step foot onto the property. The room smelled like cigarette smoke, I had to count all dishes, silverware, etc and compare it to a list in the cabinent or according to the paper we would be charged for what was missing. We have stayed at a lot of condos in PCB and cabins in the mountains and never had to do this. We paid for an extra person and when I asked for an extra pillow for that person, the front desk acted like I asked her to cut off her hand. It took an hour for them to get me a pillow. The parking was terrible. If you don't have the available parking do not build so many rooms. I did not appreciate having to walk so far and across a busy road with a 4 year old. Needless to say, we will never stay at the Palmetto again.

• Liked — Nothing, we were so disappointed
  • Disliked — Parking, having to count the kitchen "stuff", taking forever to get a pillow
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ixrayu
palmettobug75, Owner at Palmetto Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2008
Ixrayu,

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for these experiences that did not meet your expectations. However, I would like to comment on some of the issues you wrote about in your review. 1.) Our hotel is a smoke free facility, meaning all of our rooms are designated non-smoking. Unfortunately, not all guests obey the policy. We try to enforce this policy the best we can but sometimes it simply cannot be helped. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room. I know this would have been an inconvenience but it would have been a solution. 2.) The list that we provide in our rooms with kitchens is there for a purpose. They let the guest know what items are provided so that if something is missing upon check in, they know they can call the front desk and request the missing item. It also lets the housekeepers know what items are to be stocked in the kitchen when they service the room and yes, to make sure all of the items are still there upon check out. We have never charged a guest for a missing item and after a busy summer, you would be surprised to know how many items have to be replaced at our expense. I apologize if the list offends you in any way but it is simply a necessity for our hotel. And even though the condos do not have these lists, I can guarantee you that if anything came up missing after you check out you would be charged. 3.) Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure our guest’s stay is a pleasant one. I do apologize that it took that amount of time to get an extra pillow. I will make sure that I speak with the front desk staff about this and will make sure it doesn’t happen again. 4.) I can assure you that we have the required amount of parking spaces for the number of rooms that we have or the City would not have issued a Certificate of Occupancy to allow us to open. Believe me, I would love to have the ability to offer a personal parking space for every room that is located right in front of the room but it is just not possible. Most condos in the area do not even offer this. They have parking garages that are either 5 floors high or are themselves located across the street.

We have owned this hotel for the past 30 years. It is family owned and operated and we take great pride in the way we run our business. We have a great deal of repeat business with families that have been staying here for over 35 years! We are sorry that you did not have pleasant experience here at our hotel and hope that you find a hotel that better suits your vacation desires.

il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

Spent a week at the Palmetto again this year and was once again very pleased. The staff are still friendly and work very hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. Due to the red flags this time we spent a lot of time in the outdoor pool and had a great time. Still very clean and well mantained. The best place in PCB for families.

• Liked — ocean view
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

Called tonight, 7/31, to book Friday and Saturday nights. I spoke with Cammie, twice. The first time she gave me great information, told her I would call back after discussing with my husband. When I called back to make the reservation the system was down for a little bit so I told her I would try back in 1/2 hour. Called back later, Cammie's gone, got someone else that is now telling me I cannot stay less than three nights! What gives??

WHY is there SO much MISCOMMUNICATION in the world?????

Now I will go somewhere else & give them my money. Your loss!! I've stayed here once before and had an okay experience. Nothing horrible but nothing to write home about either!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BamaBeachBum9630
BamaBeachBum,

If you visit Panama City Beach during June, July or the beginning of August, you will find that most hotels on the beach have a 3 night minimum. These are the busiest months of the year for our industry. That having been said, our hotel does take reservations for two nights idepending on availability, as was the case when you spoke with Kami. Our night security guard comes on shift after Kami which is around 11pm. His main responsibility is to make sure the property is safe for our guests, not to take reservations. So yes, there was a miscommunication on our part which I do apologize for. However, it is my understanding that you called back the next morning and spoke with Pattie, who explained the miscommunication and informed you that we were taking two night reservations for that weekend. Instead of making the reservation at that time you chose to leave a negative review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for the miscommunication in the beginning but I do not think it warrants a negative review on this website. Miscommunication does happen in the hospitality industry - with a little understanding this problem could have been resolved.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

The thing that stood out to us is the fact that it is EVIDENT this hotel/inn is family owned and operated! Such a welcome change from the corporate chain hotels/motels. They have owned this property for 50+ years and are not afraid to update the facilities. This is the second or third completely renovated new building since the late 1940s.
We did not have reservations when we arrived in Panama City Beach, FL and actually another hotel that was full referred us to the Palmetto. We found the new building extremely clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful, and free internet was available in every room. Although the only room we could get was across the street from the beach, it was very quiet and comfortable and had an indoor pool right in front of it. We noticed the cleaning staff was different from your typical hotel/motel chains because they seemed to be local middle class moms, etc., i.e., the neighbor next door, who really cared to make our stay comfortable! And they did not stick those annoying envelopes in your room requesting a tip for their services, which we appreciated! We only paid $95 per night for a king bed and the staff told us they are going to run an internet special in August with fabulous rates on rooms and suites! The pool and deck area and the beach was immaculate. When we come back, we want to stay on the beach side.

I can't say enough about the attention to detail here. We saw the owner/operator making coffee for the patrons and wiping up some counter spills and always inquiring if there was anything that was needed.

Thank you, Palmetto!

• Liked — clean, comfortable, friendly & helpful staff-attention to details
  • Disliked — across from beach side-but that's our fault because we did not have reservations
    • 4 of 5 bubbles