“Can't wait to come back - perfect vacation!!”

Palmetto Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Princeton, Illinois
“Can't wait to come back - perfect vacation!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We had the pleasure of staying at the Palmetto Aug 8-16. What a great place to stay! Our room was very spacious, very clean and had an awesome view of the gulf. We will definitely stay at the Palmetto and will recommend our family/friends to stay here also. Thanks for helping make our vacation one of our best yet!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Cambridge Ontario Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2008

The main reason for our trip to Florida from Ontario Canada, was to vacation at Disney World. With a few days to spare we decided to chose a beach location for some relaxation beforehand. We chose Panama City Beach over St Pete's/Treasure Island/Sarasota, mainly because we had never been to PCB before.

Our hotel selection was based on trip advisor reviews, and the excellent deal of "stay 3 nights get a 4th free" that The Palmetto Inn and Suites advertised.

The contemporary lobby, and view from of the pool area and beach, from the minute we walked in was very impressive. Staff greeted us in a warm and very friendly manner, light-heartedly being in awe of our 20 hour trip to get there.

Our room was average, and I think upon first entering I was a little put off by the walls, which were badly marked, most likely from luggage trolleys and suitcases being scraped across over time - just felt that a bit of paint could have freshened the look up (room 505). Other than that, everything was spic and span, including kitchen area, and bathroom. I did panic a bit when I read the list ot itemized supplies, and noted a couple of plates already missing. Spoke to the housekeeper who reassured me that it was near the end of season and a full inventory had not been completed yet. A blanket I unfolded for my son's bed (on pull out sofa) that had a large tear in it was also reported to front desk as I did not want to be held responsible for it (though in truth I am surprised it was not noticed by housekeeping staff beforehand and tossed).

Another little suggestion I offer is that perhaps when guests vacate their room, housekeeping could doublecheck the alarm clocks. After a straight thru 20 hour drive, we were a little irritated when the alarm went off at 6:00am. Fumbled a bit in the dark and thought I hit the right button, until it went off again the next morning. This may be just a trivial little aspect, and it if offered as a suggestion only.

Other than these little incidents/remarks, we loved the property, the staff, owners, pool was lovely, and long walks on the beach were perfect!

Each morning we were delighted to watch dolphins at play in the gulf; we also observed a newborn sea turtle making its way to the shoreline. Sandpipers were abundant, and our children enjoyed collecting shells, and "crabbing" at night.. We also appreciated the fresh brewed coffee each moning, and a read of the complimentary daily newspapers.

A nice clean laundry facility was on site also which we made use of.

About the area - we did find some of the restaurants pricey. After a parasailing adventure one of the operators recommended an establishment called J. Michaels in the Thomas Drive area (quite a trek from the Palmetto). Perfect. Meals were thoroughly enjoyed by all of us and very reasonable!

Most of the guests we chatted with poolside were repeat customers and it was nice to hear of their memories about the Palmetto over the years.

We had a really enjoyable time, were not disappointed in any way, and would most definitely visit again.

Thank you Palmetto Inn and Suites - we have some new summer memories to treasure of our stay with you.

(will post some photos later)

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, beautiful pool area and deck, beach was great, staff very welcoming (also liked that the maintenance men loved the little cats)
  • Disliked — Some housekeeping hiccups (nothing major though)
Midland City, Alabama
Reviewed 19 August 2008

This is a great place to take your children and teenagers. I started taking my children once or twice a year when they were young. They like it for the indoor pool. I now take my grandchildren 2 or 3 times a year. They love the indoor pool. It is clean and the owners are very friendly. The grocery store is within walking distance and the beach is beautiful. The pool area by the beach is also very nice and pretty.

Cathie in Alabama

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
shannaleigh22
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We have been staying here for years and always enjoy our stay. We normally choose to stay across the street for the price savings.
When they remodeled, we were scared the price would skyrocket, but it did not. The rooms are always quite clean and the staff is very friendly.
The patio on the beachside is very nice. There are lovely plants, great views, and plenty of chairs.
This is a great place off season also!!

• Liked — The beachside patio
  • Disliked — wish we could stay longer
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2008

We have stayed at many locations here in Panama City Beach and Destin, but we have found a home. This is the cleanest and best place we have stayed. the staff and owners are the best and nicest we have ever had. Thats from housekeeping to front desk. Thanks for allowing our family to become part of your family. The Word's from ALABAMA.......

• Liked — The entire trip was great
  • Disliked — Do not have any
NE Alabama
Reviewed 3 August 2008

We used to stay at the Palmetto years ago before they rebuilt on the beachside. Never, never again will we step foot onto the property. The room smelled like cigarette smoke, I had to count all dishes, silverware, etc and compare it to a list in the cabinent or according to the paper we would be charged for what was missing. We have stayed at a lot of condos in PCB and cabins in the mountains and never had to do this. We paid for an extra person and when I asked for an extra pillow for that person, the front desk acted like I asked her to cut off her hand. It took an hour for them to get me a pillow. The parking was terrible. If you don't have the available parking do not build so many rooms. I did not appreciate having to walk so far and across a busy road with a 4 year old. Needless to say, we will never stay at the Palmetto again.

• Liked — Nothing, we were so disappointed
  • Disliked — Parking, having to count the kitchen "stuff", taking forever to get a pillow
2 Thank ixrayu
palmettobug75, Owner at Palmetto Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2008
Ixrayu,

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for these experiences that did not meet your expectations. However, I would like to comment on some of the issues you wrote about in your review. 1.) Our hotel is a smoke free facility, meaning all of our rooms are designated non-smoking. Unfortunately, not all guests obey the policy. We try to enforce this policy the best we can but sometimes it simply cannot be helped. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room. I know this would have been an inconvenience but it would have been a solution. 2.) The list that we provide in our rooms with kitchens is there for a purpose. They let the guest know what items are provided so that if something is missing upon check in, they know they can call the front desk and request the missing item. It also lets the housekeepers know what items are to be stocked in the kitchen when they service the room and yes, to make sure all of the items are still there upon check out. We have never charged a guest for a missing item and after a busy summer, you would be surprised to know how many items have to be replaced at our expense. I apologize if the list offends you in any way but it is simply a necessity for our hotel. And even though the condos do not have these lists, I can guarantee you that if anything came up missing after you check out you would be charged. 3.) Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure our guest’s stay is a pleasant one. I do apologize that it took that amount of time to get an extra pillow. I will make sure that I speak with the front desk staff about this and will make sure it doesn’t happen again. 4.) I can assure you that we have the required amount of parking spaces for the number of rooms that we have or the City would not have issued a Certificate of Occupancy to allow us to open. Believe me, I would love to have the ability to offer a personal parking space for every room that is located right in front of the room but it is just not possible. Most condos in the area do not even offer this. They have parking garages that are either 5 floors high or are themselves located across the street.

We have owned this hotel for the past 30 years. It is family owned and operated and we take great pride in the way we run our business. We have a great deal of repeat business with families that have been staying here for over 35 years! We are sorry that you did not have pleasant experience here at our hotel and hope that you find a hotel that better suits your vacation desires.

il
Reviewed 1 August 2008

Spent a week at the Palmetto again this year and was once again very pleased. The staff are still friendly and work very hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. Due to the red flags this time we spent a lot of time in the outdoor pool and had a great time. Still very clean and well mantained. The best place in PCB for families.

• Liked — ocean view
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family