We've stayed at Grand Panama previously in another condo of the same size. This unit needs attention to details as individually, the problems were small, but added up. Some of these issues may be Grand Panama vs. Book That Condo.
First the GOOD:
• Great view from the 18th floor (note the extreme left is blocked due to the architecture, but isn't a big deal.
• The kitchen appliances appear new and operated well.
• Carpets were filthy with visible stains - likely in need of replacement.
• Master bedroom only has a queen sized bed (yes, it's disclosed, but if you're used to a king sized bed - you will notice).
• Furniture and decor seemed a half-hearted budget effort.
• No light fixture installed over dining area table - just a blank cover in the ceiling.
• Only two rolls of toilet paper for 4 people/4 days. I called and asked and was told that's all that is supplied as a condo. I've stayed in many condos - and typically 2 rolls per bathroom are supplied. (Two dish-washing detergent packs were supplied - so why not more than one roll of TP?)
• Found numerous dishes that had food caked on them, lipstick on wineglasses, etc. This likely happened because a previous renter didn't run the dishwasher - or hit the wrong buttons, but the housekeeping crew should look a bit closer before unloading.
Oven racks installed upside down (again, housekeeping issue).
• Very slow internet/wifi, with the access going completely out one evening.
I hope Book That Condo will make some small changes to bring this unit up to par with others there. They did communicate as promised.
They called as soon as the unit was ready so we could check in early.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|