“Nice hotel and great location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City Beach
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Columbus, Georgia
“Nice hotel and great location”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This hotel is located close to the stip but not on it. I made the reservation online and check in was a breeze the room was really big and everything was clean. the pool was directly below my room. The Hotel is right accross the street from a Super Walmart. Only about a mile from the waterpark. Overall the stay was great. the only complaint is that the pool closes at 10pm, that seemed a bit early to me. i would recomment it for a family stay. Breakfast was the standard extended with biscuits and waffels.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2sweet4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cabuya, Costa Rica
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Wonderful staff and service but the rooms are run down and for that the price is to high! The beds were VERY Comfortable and I slept well! If I had paid $179.00 like they wanted at first I would have been VERY upset. But even $100 is to much for a rundown room. I have been to hostels that were cleaner and nicer. GREAT Veiw of the Canal and I am very grateful to wake up and see that.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
spring hill, tn
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here twice in one week to drop our daughter off at cheer camp and then pick her up. The hotel was comfortable and clean, however I needed to work from our hotel room. The interenet never worked. It was so bad, I had to leave the hotel to go to a restaraunt to get work done the first day. When we came back, I immediately tried to work again, it didn't work. I called the front desk and the gentleman said, 'when I take care of things here at the front desk, I will look into it.' never got a call back. When we went for dinner, we went somewhere with wi-fi..Pretty bad I can get really good wi-fi for free at McDonalds but I pay for a hotel with internet and it doesn't work and the staff doesn't care. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Patsmoviemom
Waleska, GA
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Somewhat clean. Large stains on carpet and holes in tubs. Water pressure was awesome, air condiditioner was mediocre at best. Only had to stay one night before we went to our lovely condo. Contenintal breakfast was a joke. We all left hungry. No coffee was made, crock pots were on but empty. Limited milk supply and the butter tasted funny. This was part of the reason we picked this hotel because of the free breakfast. Stay somewhere else. Doors constantly propped open for anyone to come in without a key. Staff was rude.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
FL
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel. It was busy but not overcrowded. We paid $120 a night which was reasonable for Panama City Beach in July. The hotel was clean and the room was a good size. The pool was small and very cold. There was a fitness center beside the pool but we didnt use it. There was no hot tub and the sauna was closed. Mosquitos were bad at the pool area as well. I iked that the hotel had books that could be checked out. My kids enjoyed it. We ate the free breakfast the next morning. We had to wait a few minutes for a table but it wasnt too bad. They had the regular breakfast items plus a couple of hot items. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My family stayed in this hotel during memorial day weekend. Every person we encountered at the hotel was very nice and helpful. The perks: free internet, excellent breakfast and very nice, comfortable beds. Room was cleaned everyday and and was very clean and neat. Hotel staff who all went out of their way to be helpful. Very nice , family friendly hotel over all. I would go back again!!

Shri
Atlanta

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
carrollton, georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I have always had great stays at Country Inn & Suites in other locations but this one did not meet our expectations. This hotel is not on the beach - it is really not possible to walk to the beach from this hotel because it would not be safe to dodge all the traffic. The breakfast room was always very crowded and people were rude. The internet router for the guestrooms did not work. The ceiling in the bathroom was kinda torn up and it was never fixed. We had to request for our room to be cleaned and we stayed five nights! I have never had this problem at any other Country Inn & Suites hotel! We will return to Panama City Beach but not to this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family