Message from TripAdvisor:

Origin Beach Resort
Cullowhee, North Carolina
“Iffy Experience”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel itself is very nice and luxurious, but the procedures are a little bit too much. Upon arrival I had to wait 3 hours outside the hotel because of the check in procedure even though my name was on the room list. The security staff the hotel has were a bit much as well. The wristband rules the hotel have were ridiculous, with the staff acting as if they were the FBI and swarming our car one night. The hotel service wasnt the best as well. This is the only hotel I've ever been to that wouldnt give you extra towels or anything most hotels do. In general me and my friends were treated like 3 year olds for a place we paid a good amount to stay in. The wifi was AWFUL and didnt work 89% of the time. It was a very nice, elegant hotel but I doubt I would stay there again in the future

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Trevor J
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi Trevor

Thanks for your review. Sounds like this was your first spring break in the area and I'm certain you had a great time on Spring Break. Due to the extremely large number of breakers checking out and then a new group checking back in, the process of checking in (especially if you come prior to 4pm) is lengthy. Most properties in the area have a similar process to ours and is just part of staying in a condominium during Spring Break. We require armbands for your safety and for us to maintain control of the building and privately owned condos. I agree with the wifi and we have been working with our provider to correct those problems.

If you would like to speak to someone directly about your review, feel free to contact me.

reneereyer@seahavenbeach.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

It was a good experience. A few problems but they were minor/moderate. The room was very clean and luxurious. The balcony was VERY VERY nice. The bed was also amazing. The problems were at checkin 2/4 elevators were out. The east and the right center ones. They were fixed within 2 hours. They were also very slow. If no luggage and only have to go up a couple floors, you'd be better off taking the stairs. They could also add more elevators . A hotel that is more than 12 floors needs more than just 4 elevators. Also the washing machine. Seriously, they could spend a little money to get those fixed and more. The dryer was terrible. Dried my clothes 5 times and they still weren't dry. Other than that, my experience was amazing. The pool is the best part of that place! Visit there first!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator. If not you'll have to walk a mile to find one.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen S
Hi Steven

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and especially the pool, you really can't beat the view from the pool deck! I work for Seahaven Beach Resorts, which does not manage the building itself so I am not aware of problems with the elevators during your stay. I will certainly forward your review to the Homeowners Association so that they can look into your complaints.

If you would like to speak to anyone directly, please feel free to contact me.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Origin At Seahaven is the only building on the other-side of the road ( not the beach ) the view i got was trees and a mobile park of trailers... when i asked and was informed that i had a beach view. next upon arriving i had to walk next door to the beach to get my room keys and check in then walk back across the street away from the beach to get to the hotel, because this is not a hotel but a private condo... and be warned that whatever the price says it is... its double because of hidden fees!! more then what i paid for the room! next after parking the hotel all smells of sewage.. the plumping seems to be wrong somewhere... next upon leaving the elevator to our room there was writing on the walls gross this was not during spring brake but a getaway for me and my wife.. there was carpet torn up from the floor so this just gets scary at this point. the room i was told again beach view and had a separate bedroom for the bed. again lied to.. the room was facing away from the beach and the only hotel/private condo no on the beach in that area. the room did not have soap or anything so bring your own and was poorly cleaned there was dirty towels on the floor and silver-where in the crack next top the microwave (very visible ) which had food on it.. not the best experience in the word so buyer beware

Room Tip: Do not book here! :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank William R
Hi William -

Thank you for your review. Any feedback good or bad is necessary for us to improve our product and services. First, I will address the fees....since Origin is a condominium there are additional fees. None of which are hidden. If you booked direct, we inform you of all fees, etc. prior to booking and then we email a confirmation letter that states the fees as well. It sounds to me like you booked through a third party (i.e. Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookit, etc)...the fees are listed on their sites but under terms and conditions. We inform all third party of fees due upon arrival and they are to inform their customers about them as well. Second, your room type...without knowing your reservation I can not research and/or explain what happened with your reservation. If my suspicions are correct, the third party misinformed you about the room type you booked. As to the condition of the common areas and building, I will forward your review to the Homeowners Association. Seahaven Beach Resorts simply manages a number of condos in the building and has no control over the building itself. In reference to the room being dirty, it is unacceptable. I would like to discuss these issues further with you if you have the opportunity.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have stayed at origin multiple times. Location is convenient to everything! The staff was average; not extremely helpful but not rude. The rooms are very affordable and very nice. Convenient little shop on the bottom floor in case u forget anything!

Also, may be a good idea to bring a beach chair for the pool. People try to hoard them with their towels and it's not worth the fight. Overall, origin is my go to place in Panama City !

• Stayed June 2013
Hi there. Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Origin is your go to place when you are in Panama City Beach. I do hate to hear that the staff was less that extremely helpful. Origin has multiple front desks and I would like to know which company you checked in with so that we can address our staffing. I would love to discuss this further with you if you get a moment.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here with 3 friends for spring break. Let me start off by saying, PCB spring break is just insane in general and every hotel is going to be out of control. Don't stay anywhere near this area in March or April if you have kids/are old and crabby. When we checked in, our room was a total mess and seemed not cleaned at all. However, they DID clean the room for us right away. They make you really do inventory on EVERYTHING in the room right away; this is understandable because with crazy spring breakers, things get stolen or broken all the time. Sharky's is directly across the street, so that is convenient. Our room/balcony was facing the ocean, so it was in the outside main pool area I guess you could say. Things get crazy at all hours of the day when everyone is on their balcony and screaming at eachother/blasting music I and partying. I had a great time but I think this is one of the more expensive hotels for PCB spring break. I'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Choose an "inside" room facing the ocean/pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi Kchen92

Thanks for your review of Seahaven Beach Hotel. My sincerest apologies on the room not being ready upon your arrival but happy to hear that it was taken care of promptly. During college spring break we advise families with children to stay in a quieter area. We never want anyone to check in and be surprised about what is going on in the area. Seahaven Beach Hotel is a prime location for Spring Breakers since we are located next to Sharky's and all of their spring break concerts and parties. We look forward to seeing you return to Seahaven Beach Hotel in the near future.

Seahaven Beach Resorts
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have to share this with ALL fellow travelers!! I stayed here to celebrate my daughters 10th birthday mainly because they have a movie theater in the resort and thought that would be fun! This resort is dual owned and the registration people for guests (Stacy Lively) was GREAT! She was the ONLY positive about the stay. After you register you have to cross the street to the resort that is managed by the Owners and ALL the front desk people were RUDE no matter the shift!! The movie theatre was "booked" for football games by owners that in the 4 times we checked it NO ONE was there. Then if you get locked out of your room you have to re-key ACROSS the main highway that is like playing frogger with your life, dodging cars I had to do this in my bathing suit at 10:00 at night! . The room blankets had hair on them and other fun stuff, the room DVD was broken, the toaster broke and the bedroom door handle. I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel/resort/whatever it is to anyone! They need to privatize it or make it a resort pick one!!! If you are a guest you will be treated poorly, lie and say you are an owner and they will treat you nice I am sure....totally disappointed!!! Going back to the Dunes of Panama Next time for sure!!

Room Tip: Unless you are an owner stay away, guests are treated very poorly!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pcaqua
Kevil, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Great location just across the street from the beach. We had a decent view of the beach from the balcony. The floors were dirty and carpet was stained but it was something we could deal with . We basically had an oversized hotel room with a balcony. There is a great little store downstairs that has all kinds of things you may need. Overall it was average for us. Great mattress though!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda W
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hi Amanda

Thank you for putting in a review of the property. We all agree that the location of the property is fantastic! The design of that property allows us to rent some condos as smaller units and we are able to get all of you great prices with good views of the beach. I am unable to tell who you rented from and would love to help you reach the company you rented from to address your stay. Feel free to give me a call or email me directly so that I can get you in touch with the management company you rented from.

Renee Reyer, AGM