Origin Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Seahaven Beach Hotel(Panama City Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Seascape Inn(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Beachbreak By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
Flamingo Motel(Panama City Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Palm Grove(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Osprey on the Gulf(Panama City Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Driftwood Lodge(Panama City Beach)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfourth floormovie theatermini fridgedirectly across the streetwasher and dryerhot tubduring spring breaksmall childrenfull kitchenpool deckpcbwadesabrinasharkeysgarageoceanpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel itself is very nice and luxurious, but the procedures are a little bit too much. Upon arrival I had to wait 3 hours outside the hotel because of the check in procedure even though my name was on the room list. The security staff the hotel has were a bit much as well. The wristband rules the hotel have were ridiculous, with the staff acting as if they were the FBI and swarming our car one night. The hotel service wasnt the best as well. This is the only hotel I've ever been to that wouldnt give you extra towels or anything most hotels do. In general me and my friends were treated like 3 year olds for a place we paid a good amount to stay in. The wifi was AWFUL and didnt work 89% of the time. It was a very nice, elegant hotel but I doubt I would stay there again in the future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trevor J
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Trevor

Thanks for your review. Sounds like this was your first spring break in the area and I'm certain you had a great time on Spring Break. Due to the extremely large number of breakers checking out and then a new group checking back in, the process of checking in (especially if you come prior to 4pm) is lengthy. Most properties in the area have a similar process to ours and is just part of staying in a condominium during Spring Break. We require armbands for your safety and for us to maintain control of the building and privately owned condos. I agree with the wifi and we have been working with our provider to correct those problems.

If you would like to speak to someone directly about your review, feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

It was a good experience. A few problems but they were minor/moderate. The room was very clean and luxurious. The balcony was VERY VERY nice. The bed was also amazing. The problems were at checkin 2/4 elevators were out. The east and the right center ones. They were fixed within 2 hours. They were also very slow. If no luggage and only have to go up a couple floors, you'd be better off taking the stairs. They could also add more elevators . A hotel that is more than 12 floors needs more than just 4 elevators. Also the washing machine. Seriously, they could spend a little money to get those fixed and more. The dryer was terrible. Dried my clothes 5 times and they still weren't dry. Other than that, my experience was amazing. The pool is the best part of that place! Visit there first!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator. If not you'll have to walk a mile to find one.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen S

Hi Steven

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and especially the pool, you really can't beat the view from the pool deck! I work for Seahaven Beach Resorts, which does not manage the building itself so I am not aware of problems with the elevators during your stay. I will certainly forward your review to the Homeowners Association so that they can look into your complaints.

If you would like to speak to anyone directly, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Origin At Seahaven is the only building on the other-side of the road ( not the beach ) the view i got was trees and a mobile park of trailers... when i asked and was informed that i had a beach view. next upon arriving i had to walk next door to the beach to get my room keys and check in then walk back across the street away from the beach to get to the hotel, because this is not a hotel but a private condo... and be warned that whatever the price says it is... its double because of hidden fees!! more then what i paid for the room! next after parking the hotel all smells of sewage.. the plumping seems to be wrong somewhere... next upon leaving the elevator to our room there was writing on the walls gross this was not during spring brake but a getaway for me and my wife.. there was carpet torn up from the floor so this just gets scary at this point. the room i was told again beach view and had a separate bedroom for the bed. again lied to.. the room was facing away from the beach and the only hotel/private condo no on the beach in that area. the room did not have soap or anything so bring your own and was poorly cleaned there was dirty towels on the floor and silver-where in the crack next top the microwave (very visible ) which had food on it.. not the best experience in the word so buyer beware

Room Tip: Do not book here! :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank William R

Hi William -

Thank you for your review. Any feedback good or bad is necessary for us to improve our product and services. First, I will address the fees....since Origin is a condominium there are additional fees. None of which are hidden. If you booked direct, we inform you of all fees, etc. prior to booking and then we email a confirmation letter that states the fees as well. It sounds to me like you booked through a third party (i.e. Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookit, etc)...the fees are listed on their sites but under terms and conditions. We inform all third party of fees due upon arrival and they are to inform their customers about them as well. Second, your room type...without knowing your reservation I can not research and/or explain what happened with your reservation. If my suspicions are correct, the third party misinformed you about the room type you booked. As to the condition of the common areas and building, I will forward your review to the Homeowners Association. Seahaven Beach Resorts simply manages a number of condos in the building and has no control over the building itself. In reference to the room being dirty, it is unacceptable. I would like to discuss these issues further with you if you have the opportunity.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have stayed at origin multiple times. Location is convenient to everything! The staff was average; not extremely helpful but not rude. The rooms are very affordable and very nice. Convenient little shop on the bottom floor in case u forget anything!

Also, may be a good idea to bring a beach chair for the pool. People try to hoard them with their towels and it's not worth the fight. Overall, origin is my go to place in Panama City !

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi there. Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Origin is your go to place when you are in Panama City Beach. I do hate to hear that the staff was less that extremely helpful. Origin has multiple front desks and I would like to know which company you checked in with so that we can address our staffing. I would love to discuss this further with you if you get a moment.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here with 3 friends for spring break. Let me start off by saying, PCB spring break is just insane in general and every hotel is going to be out of control. Don't stay anywhere near this area in March or April if you have kids/are old and crabby. When we checked in, our room was a total mess and seemed not cleaned at all. However, they DID clean the room for us right away. They make you really do inventory on EVERYTHING in the room right away; this is understandable because with crazy spring breakers, things get stolen or broken all the time. Sharky's is directly across the street, so that is convenient. Our room/balcony was facing the ocean, so it was in the outside main pool area I guess you could say. Things get crazy at all hours of the day when everyone is on their balcony and screaming at eachother/blasting music I and partying. I had a great time but I think this is one of the more expensive hotels for PCB spring break. I'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Choose an "inside" room facing the ocean/pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi Kchen92

Thanks for your review of Seahaven Beach Hotel. My sincerest apologies on the room not being ready upon your arrival but happy to hear that it was taken care of promptly. During college spring break we advise families with children to stay in a quieter area. We never want anyone to check in and be surprised about what is going on in the area. Seahaven Beach Hotel is a prime location for Spring Breakers since we are located next to Sharky's and all of their spring break concerts and parties. We look forward to seeing you return to Seahaven Beach Hotel in the near future.

Seahaven Beach Resorts