he room is really nice and was accommodating.our room had not been inspected prior to our arrival so we had to wait 5 mins before going to the room. we stayed for 2 days and 3 nights so our stay came to 633 with everything included. i paid a deposit of 130 leaving 503 dollars due. at check in we were told 1030 dollars was due because of an added charge of a $400 deposit that was refundable in case of any damages. i told them that was not what i was told to expect to pay and after arguing them down they removed the charge. we were told to wear these wristbands that would be checked for every time we entered the resort and if lost we would have to pay $200 for a new one. they never once checked and there are elevators outside the resort in the parking garage that takes you directly to you room so the bands were pointless. the room was nice but had a very STRONG cigarette odor and the room keys rarely worked got two new cards and still no difference. after our stay we made sure everything was tidy and nothing was damaged(which was impossible because we are adults and had grown out of our demolishing stage -__-) we were planning to checkout at 730 am but when arriving in the lobby found the desk empty and were told by housekeeping that the staff doesn't come in until 8. we then proceeded in leaving our keys and information on the desk and leaving. after arriving home to Georgia i received an email from the resort saying that my payment had been process. a payment of $100 had been illegally withdrawn from my account using the card i made the room payment with. i called the resort and was told that our room had a broken chair and we have been charged to pay for it. the dining table consisted of a table and 4 chairs and out of these four chairs according to the Origin staff and housekeeping one of these chairs was broken IN HALF and then PROPPED UP to the table to appear unbroken. my family and i did not break this chair or even sit at this table for that matter. the room had plenty of sitting area so the table was rarely used. the staff sent me a pic of our room number and the broken chair. this chair was so broken there was no way anyone could prop it up or make it look together. i honestly feel that housekeeping took a picture of a broken chair and framed us. i also feel like they do this to guest on a regular basis.the carpet shown in the picture of the broken chair was a different shade from the carpet in our room. and a picture is not going to provide evidence as to whether this chair was actually in our room. perhaps video footage. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN! THEYRE CROOKS AND OUT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR AVERAGE HARDWORKING AMERICAN. WOULD NOT REFUND MONEY HAD TO DISPUTE WITH BANK. really bad wifi too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Origin at Seahaven is located directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, offering beautiful views of the beach and surrounding city skyline. The resort is just minutes from a variety of restaurants and numerous family attractions including Pier Park, Frank Brown Park, and St. Andrews State Park. Offering condominiums ranging in size from King Suite to 4 Bedroom, you will be sure to find the perfect accommodations for a family of any size! Come enjoy the beauty of the pristine white sands of the Gulf of Mexico or relax on the 15th floor observation deck, watching the sunset over the water! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Origin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Origin At Seahaven Hotel Panama City Beach
- Origin Beach Resort Panama City Beach, Florida