Aqua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Osprey on the Gulf(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Flamingo Motel(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Driftwood Lodge(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Beachbreak By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Seahaven Beach Hotel(Panama City Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Seascape Inn(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Palm Grove(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the streetparking garagebonus roomliving roombeach chairsblue sunhot tubwithin walking distanceshort walk to pierthree bedroom condosky bridgekeyless entrymaster bathsteam roombooked directlypool arealocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I had read some mixed reviews prior to our arrival and I was a little nervous we may be let down. (We weren't!) Sometimes, when booking online you just never know! All week I kept thinking of how I would review things. We arrived labor day weekend so it started off pretty busy, but then the rest of the week was great. Honestly, I wouldn't stay ANYWHERE in PCB in peak season! What's fun of no room on the beach, no room in the pool, traffic, waits in restaurants, waiting on elevators-I wouldn't enjoy 'vacation' at all in peak season!

2 years ago we stayed at Shores of Panama and loved it. (I did a review on that but don't see it on my page!??) My husband preferred the pool area at Shores better. BUT Aqua has two pools, a hot tub and a small indoor pool area so IF it did rain you still had an option. I read a review on Aqua about "petty rules." Well if thousands of people are there at once they HAVE to have those rules!! those rules don't really exist when there aren't many guests. For instance, we had our baby in the pool with a little baby raft and other families did too. I saw a lady in the pool with an adult sized raft and I don't think she got in trouble. the Concession-stand lady was nice and gave me a free dr pepper and a free refill-things that won't happen in peak season. the pools were nice and pretty with palm trees, grills to cook out, and a couple 'cabana type' things with padded chairs. very relaxing, nice views.

The location is great, as far as super close to Wal-Mart and pier park. (it says u can WALK to pier park. that's too far for us! we drove!) the 'bad' thing is Shuckums is just across the street and it can get pretty loud. But, I don't think it kept any of us awake at night or anything.

Our specific unit=1002. Beautiful, modern, over 1700 sq feet, comfortable for 6 adults and our baby. It was hard for me to find a unit big enough for all of us to eat together... dining room table for 6 and enough chairs on the patio too for us to all sit outside together! the rooms were nice....the thing that bugged me about ours was there was like 15 pillows on the bed! where were we supposed to put those!? so we literally had pillows stashed all over the place. not pretty. (no we weren't going to make the bed every day!) and the doors were a bit annoying. bathroom door wouldn't stay open, and the two closet doors and bathroom door would kind of all hit each other-got a bit annoying. but, there is great space...between 2 nightstands, a dresser, two closets, we had room for our stuff, our stroller, car seat, pack n play etc! and we didn't even take the master. there was another king-master that was huge with a nice bigger bathroom! the queen unit-room is pretty tight/small, but my parents didn't mind. I realize that most of these condos (like shores of panama) only give u start up things, but for what u pay I wish there was at least a weeks worth! we KEPT having to go to walmart! I mean, u either have to pack a lot on the front end or take a lot home! paper towels, toilet paper, soap for kitchen sink, trash bags, laundry AND dish detergents! GEEZ. AND our bathroom only had two towels so I had to do laundry like three times! Wish they would invest in a few more towels and things like that. This condo also didn't provide us with the beach chairs so we had to pay for that as well. bottom line, I would stay here again! but not peak season.

I do have pictures and will add to this later, if it will allow me to!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
AquaPCBResort, Manager at Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

We are happy you decided to stay at Aqua in September, which is one of the most beautiful months of the year. Wonderful time for families with small children. Enjoy the pools and amenities, at your leisure, absent the crowds.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

It is so beautiful to just walk around and look at the picture perfect setting here at the aqua. The most huge lounge chairs we had ever seen. The kids loved the swim through pool. BBQ Grills right there at the pool side (not hidden around some corner where you have to walk so far with all your stuff). We will be booking again.

Room Tip: Ask about the bedding size and the mattress comfort level. Wrap balcony is what you want!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GaClm
AquaPCBResort, Manager at Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Visit again in September or October to once again enjoy the beautiful indoor and outdoor pools at Aqua. The nearby kitchen area, with gas grills, makes it so convenient to watch your children as they swim and prepare dinner at the same time.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very clean, great location, exactly as pictures posted. Family of five had plenty of room in the 2 bedroom with bunkroom. Everything was as their website says and shows. Nice feature is that you are picking your room, so if you prefer a certain floor you just find one available. there is a code to get into everything which is long and sometimes difficult when your hands are full but keeps everything feeling very secure. We would def go back here again. The only thing that could improve is some activies for kids/teens due to when there's bad weather there is not much else on site but the view.

Room Tip: You can see pics of all rooms and from what i understand they do have different looks and set ups so make sure to take advantage of looking thru the site
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
AquaPCBResort, Manager at Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your Aqua review. We hope you will book your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and 2 children (11-13) stayed at the end of July. A 4 out of 5 is the best I could do for Aqua only because I have stayed in a true 5 star luxury all inclusive! The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Very clean and spacious! Almost to spacious! Master Bathroom was gigantic! Kitchen was very usable not just cosmetic. We had Wi-Fi and a really nice TV in each room with Blu-Rays throughout. Balcony was awesome with nice furniture. Pool loungers were high end and believe it or not the pool beds were open quite often. Pools were very nice, kinda small but not to full. Grounds around the pool were beautiful!!! Don't let the complaints about the codes for the garage and pool scare you! We found it convenient after we memorized them. No keys or outside guests sneaking in! The towel police were not as bad as I expected. If you came down at 6 am and booked 8 chairs with towels and left for an hour, YEA they will move your towel as they should! The beach and water just behind the resort was the BEST I've seen in the US! Only Mexico topped it! Neck deep water and you could see your feet! Good beginner snorkeling. The coveinient part was the beautiful brand new Target and Wal-Mart right behind the resort! Less than a half mile. Pier Park is a 3 minute walk. You can spend 3 days in there and not see it all! We didn't use the car until Thursday. There is also a very deceiving restaraunt on the pier "Hook'ed" right on the pier. It is kinda small but has a lot of room outside. You can walk from Aqua to "Hooked" in 3-5 minutes for lunch every day. Very good VERY FRESH seafood. If you want more you can drive to the busy end of PCB in less than 10 minutes. I have stayed in PCB 8-10 times Myrtle Beach, Daytona, St. Augustine, St. Pete etc. this was the nicest and most convenient vacation I have had with so many food choices and shoping nearby. We will definately stay at aqua in the future. Very clean and well decorated resort. Nice helpful staff at what I thought was a great weekly rate. Our week stay was $1,500 but I would have been happy with $2,000 for what was included. Don't tell Aqua that!!! I would recommend booking direct with Aqua, as you deal with them instead of a booking agent if there is a problem! Or perhaps do your homework on booking agents. If you stay at Aqua you must try "The Sandbar" OUR FAVORITE RESTARAUNT! Hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Bigfitt
AquaPCBResort, Manager at Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your vacation memories. We hope you will return to Aqua in years to come.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Pros:
-Excellent location on beach
-Elevators pretty fast
-Unit bathrooms had been cleaned with Clorox
-Very accommodating staff
-One of the nicest properties in PCB

Cons:
-Dirty worn carpets in units; suggest replacing with tile.
-Beds were uncomfortable and squeaky.
-Pool had strong odor of chlorine, however the tile walls needed to be scrubbed of mold in pool.
-6:7 hand switch lamps in our unit, in both living area and bedrooms needed light bulbs replaced.
-Walls and furniture needed refresh, had definitely been worn since 2007.
-Washing machine needed to be repaired; worked only on one cycle.
-Beach had cigarette debris and plastic straws; needs a cleaning
-Beach chair rental service chases you off the chair cushions around 4 pm.

• Stayed: August 2013