“Overall,our stay was outstanding. Weather was a problem but...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were very pleased with our decision to stay at Hawthorn. Room was spotless. Towels and sheets soft and clean. Staff was extremely accommodating, even made my bacon crisp, I can't get that in my favorite restaurant. And don't get me started on the Belgian waffles, absolutely delicious. Shopping, food and beach, just a hop, skip and a jump away. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ryan M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
We would like to first thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hawthorn Suites. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some comments. I am glad you enjoyed our full hot breakfast. We will look forward to seeing you again in the near future here at the Hawthorn Suites.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Panama City Beach for the New Year’s Eve Beach Ball drop and stayed at the Hawthorne. From the moment we walked in, we were impressed with the neat and clean lobby and pool, front and center. Even though it is winter time, I looked closely at the pool and was impressed by how clean and comfortable the patio looked. However, what was most impressive was the concierge, particularly Ryan, the Assistant General Manager. I travel often and have never been treated with such courtesy and care as I was by Ryan. His professionalism and sincerity will bring me back to the Hawthorne when I travel again in May. Ryan seemed to genuinely care about the comfort and ease of my husband and I. I could go on and on, and I will. I must also highlight several other things that stood out regarding this property. The location, of course, is fabulous (beach close by, restaurants, Pier Park!!). The room was very clean, had all the accommodations and for such a reasonable price! And now, for my last two favorite things—THE BED and THE BREAKFAST! As for the bed, I normally sleep at home with two large cushions under my legs to ease lower back pain. This was the first bed that I’ve slept in, including my own, where I was able to sleep comfortably without my legs elevated. Lastly, the breakfast was not your typical continental breakfast. Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh eggs, bacon, potatoes (seasoned with herbs (can you believe it?)), cereal, milk, juice (all kinds), bagels, cream cheese, muffins, etc., etc., not to mention incredibly tasty coffee. I am sure I’ve left something out. I give this hotel property my highest recommendation. Enjoy fellow travelers. Please say “hi” to Ryan and his staff for me! Rhonda (Atlanta, GA)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rhonda B
Thank you so much for your kind words. We here at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham strieve to give you a home away from home. We are pleased that you had such a great time at the Hawthorn Suites. We hope to see you again here at the Hawthorn Suites next time you come to visit Panama City Beach.
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just 5 miles away from the beach front, and with everything close this is a great hotel. Very reasonable rate, clean, with great breakfast buffet in the morning.

The only negative and its a minor thing is needs to update the carpet in the hallways, and maybe replace a couch or two.

I would stay here again and recommend to my friends, the staff is very friendly and helpful and there 24/7

Great stay during the Biggest Loser Series Half Marathon weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite, we had 2 queens with sofa sleeper and full kitchen...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Hawthorn Suites . We are pleased that you had such a nice stay. Please come and see as again here at the Hawthorn Suites next time you are in Panama City Beach.
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hote is well situated location. Not so far from attraction. Staff is overall friendly and informative.there is a lack of cleanliness due to me finding a couple items from previous guests and couple minor maintenance issues. It would be good if they did a little updating on the electronics since the tv's dont even have hdmi input on them. Overall is money worth.

• Stayed October 2013
We are currently undergoing improvements to our property. We hope to see you again next time you are in Panama City Beach.
Orlando
Reviewed 4 November 2013

First a quick summary--the hotel is dated, the lobby and elevator smelled musty, the elevator was slow and was scratched and marked up on the interior door, the chairs and couch in the room looked dirty and worn. We found bugs on the kitchen counter when we turned the light on. The bedding was clean and smelled good; the bathroom was clean and well lit; the value was exceptional; and for the most part, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had good variety and was pretty darn good.
My husband and I visited Panama City Beach to watch a friend participate in the Ironman Triathalon. I booked the room on-line and was able to get a SUPER price. When I called the hotel, Rosemary was personable, helpful, and knowledgeable. She was outstanding. Prior to check-in, our plans changed and we had to extend our stay by one day. Alex went out of his way to move things around to accommodate us so we didn't have to stay in one room, then check out and move to another room for the second night. Extremely helpful. However, when we arrived, the man who was at the desk was not very good. He did not know anything about the race, he was unable to give us directions to the race start or give us any input on where we might park, should we take a taxi, etc. When I booked our room, I requested extra pillows--which never arrived. The bed was great and the bedding nice, but the AC was loud and not very good--the room felt damp somehow. The breakfast was way better than a typical continental breakfast and included hot food and meat items. There were a variety of juices, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, and you could even make your own hot waffles. Very basic, no-frills dining area, but functional. I thought the breakfast was a wonderful bonus...made up for other things that may have been lacking.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Ryan M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
We are so happy you chose to stay with us and took the time to provide us with some feedback. We are actually having our elevator door completely resurfaced. All the carpets in our interior corridors will be updated within a year. We are constantly making improvements to improve every guests experience. Please come back and see us again to see are improvements the next time you are in Panama City Beach