“This is a "Joke"” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“This is a "Joke"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here last week for Spring Break. This is the worst hotel since over 20 years ago when we stayed at a Howard Johnson in Hilton Head. The elevator was broke for 2 days. Great exercise but that is not what we paid for at $125 per night. This is a $69.99 per night, if that much hotel. Wyndham should remove their name. The quality is not there. They need to paint, replace and renovate. The chairs in the eating area are torn and the tables are chipped. The sofa sleepers in the bedrooms are "NASTY."

The cable is joke and the maid service is not service. No one speaks English, but I thought Florida required it of all hospitality staff. Go stay somewhere else. The only thing we found here was "James" from Scandal has a twin at the front desk. The free breakfast is for the starving and drunk, so you will not care that the grits, oatmeal, etc are the worst ever. I opted out and only eat the "Honey Nut Cherrios."

Wyndham, please save your name and take it back from this franchise or make them get their act together.

Room Tip: Do not believe the pictures or the brand name for Wyndham. Ask if it is a franchise and run if not c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Constance W
Ryan M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I would first like to thank you for staying with us. I appreciate and recognize your concerns regarding your stay with us. We are striving to coordinate ongoing property improvements which invlude new carpeting in our main cooridors throughout the building. The install for our new carpet is scheduled for spring of 2014. Unfortunetly, sometimes mechanical issues do occur and our elevator was down for a few hours. We did get technicians out immediatly and thankfully, it was quickly resolved. I hope you were able to take advantage of the baggage service we had available at the front desk. In the future, if ever you experience any issues at any brand, I would encourage tyou Again, we appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Coldwater, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is quite possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The hallways and rooms have stained carpet throughout. The elevator and wifi were both down for my whole stay. The customer service is horrific. But besides all that be weary of giving these people a deposit! Upon checkout they told me that my deposit was locked in their safe (which only one person has a key to) and I would not be getting that back unless it was mailed to me. After spending $750 to stay plus a $250 cash deposit, I can't say that being denied my deposit due to the fact that the key holder to the safe isn't available isn't hands down the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened to me at a hotel. To make matters worse, the person at the front desk simply told me, "That is not my problem, is it?" Great customer service, I know. If I could give anyone advice when planning their next vacation it would be to STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Keif92
I thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. During Spring Break here in Panama City Beach, our hotel does collect a $250.00 dollar refundable damage deposit at check in. We do ask that our guests who will be departing outside of our normal checkout time please inform us of their early departure so that we can be sure to have the deposit ready. We always make an effort to provide all of our guests with the very best customer service they have received with any brand, and had we been aware of the early departure, we would have made sure to have everything ready. I also thank you for informing me of any unprofessional behavior among our staff. We strive for the highest marks in customer care and the unprofessional behavior has been dealt with professionally and in accordination with our brands policies. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Dirty carpets and hallways , stains on the bedroom walls torn carpet and furniture and a death trap for people who suffers from allergies(like myself) for the amount of perfume powder on the carpets. We are Never coming back, big waste of money .

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank foodfuzz
I thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I remember your stay sir and I investigated all of your concerns. I did not see any stains on the walls or any tears in the carpet. I did see that the back leg of the dresser was cracked possibly due to someone kicking it or trying to move it. I thank you for bringing that to my attention as I had maintenance personnel replace it. All cleaning product used are hospital/hospitality approved. It is recommended that anyone with alergic condition make them know to avoid any possible reaction. It is our practice to provide all guests with product information in use within the hotel. We have avalable MSDS product records for guest review when requested. It is unfortunate that you had a reaction to the deodorizer in your room, this could have been avoided.

I do wish that you would have informed me of some of your concerns prior to the morning of checkout so that I could have had an opportunity to address them for you. We always strive to provide the very best in customer service and resolve any and all issues as soon as they are brought to our attention.