“Excellent Place to Stay in PCB!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Place to Stay in PCB!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I took a first time trip to PCB during the weekend of Father's Day 2014 to celebrate a friend's 30th bday. I'll admit, upon first looking at TripAdvisor, I initially wanted to stay at a beachfront property. Boy, am I glad I stayed here at the Hawthorn Suites.

First thing, I will say I was taken aback by a weird odor in the first set of sliding doors (most hotels have this odor), but once I got in the lobby, the weird "hotel" odor was gone. The check-in process was quick and pleasant, and Olaf was really nice and polite during out check out. Our room was on the third floor, and the elevator was a little slow. This is where I'm thankful I didn't stay at a beachfront property...I couldn't imagine waiting on an elevator where a property had more than 20 floors! Thankfully, the stairs were just fine, and it allowed me to get some exercise in.

Hotel Room- I ALWAYS do a bed bug check, no matter where I stay. I didn't see any here, so that was a good thing. The room included a full fridge and a small kitchenette area with cookware in it, so if you're looking to cook or prepare meals during your stay, you're in luck. Pretty clean, and very nice. I did not like the fact that the AC in the room comes on and off, I think it's programmed to where it doesn't run continuosly, but rather in 20 minute intervals. I did become quite hot sometimes and found myself wishing it would just stay on, but it was bearable although annoying.

Pool-This was my favorite part. It has a grill for use, and the pool closes late, like at 10pm I believe, so I really like that. The deepest level is 5ft, so no diving, but I LOVE the shallowness of it because I can't swim, and it makes me comfortable if I had kids playing in it because of the manageable depth.

Breakfast- Pretty good with a nice selection of hot items. I ate bacon, herb potatoes, a muffin, and some juice, but they have cereal, grits, oatmeal, eggs, fresh fruit and a waffle station as well.

Overall, I really enjoyed the location of this hotel, easy access to EVERYTHING as it's on the main road, and just quiet enough to actually get some R&R after a busy day at the beach :)

Room Tip: I noticed some rooms had balconies (it appeared to be corner rooms). Ask about this when you reserve...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shana M
Ryan M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hawthorn Suites. I am happy you found are in room kitchenettes to be useful. They come standard in every room so you will be sure to get one again on your next visit. The air conditioning units are designed to cut off when the room reaches the set temperature and they will cut back on when it goes below the desired temperature. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our beautiful pool as well as the hot breakfast. We will be looking forward to seeing you again here at the Hawthorn Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hawthorn Suites is a suite-based hotel that is very comfortable and accommodating. Our TV did not work correctly and they had a technician there within 10 minutes fixing everything and they made everything right. It is located near everything you could possibly want to visit in Panama City Beach. Ryan was amazingly helpful with our reservations -- thanks for that. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hawthorn Suites. We recognize that the extra attention to detail and exceptional guest service is what are guests have come to expect and I can assure you, that is the same great service you will get on your next visit. Thank you again for your kind words and for staying with us here at the Hawthorn Suites.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful stay. Arrive at the hotel very early in the morning. No problems checking in. The
staff was very attentive and informed me of all the amenities available. The two ladies at the desk( Wendy and the other I'm sorry I can't remember her name) where very helpful with anything asked of them. The room was very clean and comfortable. The linen service very good.
If I decide to come back to the festival I will definitely book my room at this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear that our staff was so accommodating and able to get you checked in early. Early check in is a service that we always try to provide to our guests whenever it is available. I do hope that we get the chance to have you back with us in the near future here at the Hawthorn Suites.
Batesville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We just visited Panama City Beach, FL on May 29, 2014 - June 2, 2014. The staff was great there, especially Ryan and Wendy. THEY MET OUR EVERY NEED. The city was very nice. . THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nward65
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a few kind comments. Wendy and I were happy to take care of you. I do hope the next time you want to come down and enjoy the surf and sand, you make the Hawthorn Suites your first choice.