I took a first time trip to PCB during the weekend of Father's Day 2014 to celebrate a friend's 30th bday. I'll admit, upon first looking at TripAdvisor, I initially wanted to stay at a beachfront property. Boy, am I glad I stayed here at the Hawthorn Suites.
First thing, I will say I was taken aback by a weird odor in the first set of sliding doors (most hotels have this odor), but once I got in the lobby, the weird "hotel" odor was gone. The check-in process was quick and pleasant, and Olaf was really nice and polite during out check out. Our room was on the third floor, and the elevator was a little slow. This is where I'm thankful I didn't stay at a beachfront property...I couldn't imagine waiting on an elevator where a property had more than 20 floors! Thankfully, the stairs were just fine, and it allowed me to get some exercise in.
Hotel Room- I ALWAYS do a bed bug check, no matter where I stay. I didn't see any here, so that was a good thing. The room included a full fridge and a small kitchenette area with cookware in it, so if you're looking to cook or prepare meals during your stay, you're in luck. Pretty clean, and very nice. I did not like the fact that the AC in the room comes on and off, I think it's programmed to where it doesn't run continuosly, but rather in 20 minute intervals. I did become quite hot sometimes and found myself wishing it would just stay on, but it was bearable although annoying.
Pool-This was my favorite part. It has a grill for use, and the pool closes late, like at 10pm I believe, so I really like that. The deepest level is 5ft, so no diving, but I LOVE the shallowness of it because I can't swim, and it makes me comfortable if I had kids playing in it because of the manageable depth.
Breakfast- Pretty good with a nice selection of hot items. I ate bacon, herb potatoes, a muffin, and some juice, but they have cereal, grits, oatmeal, eggs, fresh fruit and a waffle station as well.
Overall, I really enjoyed the location of this hotel, easy access to EVERYTHING as it's on the main road, and just quiet enough to actually get some R&R after a busy day at the beach :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites is Panama City Beach's newest all suites hotel. The hotel features 80 spacious rooms with one or two queen beds / king with fully equipped kitchens, including a dishwasher, work area with internet access, and a 32in. Wall-mounted plasma TVs in all rooms. Some rooms have balconies and sofa-sleepers as well. Hawthorn Suites is only 1.5 Miles to the beaches, and 4 Miles to Frank Brown Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Hotel Panama City Beach
- Mainstay Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Mainstay
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Panama City Beach FL Florida