“Perfect Beach Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Ohio
“Perfect Beach Hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2008

The Beachcomber by the Sea was the perfect beach hotel for us. The room layout was great for a family. The kitchen was fully equipped, the balcony overlooking the pool/beach was awesome and housekeeping did a wonderful job--- there were always enough towels. Access to the beach was convenient and the pool area was well kept and clean. A continental breakfast was even included with the price. I would recommend the Beachcomber by the Sea to anyone going to Panama City Beach.

• Liked — the room layout provided "breathing room" for a family with the separate sitting room and balcony
  • Disliked — I would have liked internet access from a hotel computer in the lobby just to check e-mail, etc.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank luckyv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2008

just got back from the beachcomber may 24 2008 my husband and i wanted some r&r and thats exactly what we got! the staff was excellent! we always came into a clean room each night.this place is great! we are comming back in sept. w/ our kids and my inlaws!

• Liked — clean!clean!clean!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank suzanne76ohio
Alabama
Reviewed 12 May 2008

My wife and i decided to take my mothers to the beach for Mothers Day..My Dad passed away a few months ago after a long illness and Mom had been his caretaker. She always loved the beach but was never able to travel with Dad so we thought this would be an ideal getaway for her. We were right! The Beachcomer was excellent in every way - the rooms were just the right size - the couch was comfortable and there were even two televsion sets (which meant i could watch Formula One racing without hogging the remote!). The rooms were ready upon our arrival and were spotless....the cleaning crew was very helpful and courteous..actually the whole staff was great to us - The continental breakfast was good - and was constantly kept stocked with food and fresh coffee. Nice.

The view from the room was incredible with the white sandy beach just below and the whitecapping gulf in the background..scenic is an understatement. It's hard to beat Panama City Beach for beauty. Our stay ended all too soon and it was back to the realities of life - My Mother couldn't stop telling me that I had given her the best Mothers Day present ever - and that's a wonderful thing!

I race so i travel all over the country and have stayed in dozens of hotels - The Beachcomer is right up there with the best of them I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a getaway!

Terry Adams
Adams Motorsports

• Liked — bview of the beach/ocean
  • Disliked — I had to leave and go home!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terracer
Franklin, TN
Reviewed 30 April 2008

I went to Beachcomber by the Sea April 24-28, 2008 and absolutely loved every aspect of my stay. Every single person I dealt with was lovely. The room was very clean and much better than my expectations.
There was a wedding there one day and that was a fun thing to watch. The pool and hot tub were very clean and the pool was heated perfectly. The ocean view was great, and I stayed on a smoking floor in order to get a King room. ( the others were taken). No one smoked and it was fantastic. (I don't smoke).

I will most definitely go back. I have had a home in PCB, FL or eight years and have been going to PCB for 50+ years. I didn't know where to go, but wanted to be on the beach . I spent quite some time online reading reviews and decided on the Beachcomber. I made the right decision and will stay there again in a month or two.
They have a continental breakfast every morning. There is coffee in the room. Every room has a big refrigerator, microwave, etc. Two TVs are in the suite.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The decor has Paul Brent prints, and is newly decorated.
I recommend this hotel to anyone.
Frances Carpenter

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank Franntn
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 19 April 2008

The room had a perfect view of the Gulf. We asked for a non-smoking room and we got it without any problems. The hotel manager even went an extra step to place us in a location grouped with other couples of our age and interests - there were a lot of high school spring breakers. Thanks to the consideration of the hotel managers, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the company of everyone, including the spring breakers. Our maid service was above board - excellent. The layout of the room was excellent - a suite with couch, table and chairs, refrigerator, microwave, stove, kitchen sink, and much more. This was a lot for the money - extremely satisfied, and we will be back. Thank you.

• Liked — Gulf view and NON SMOKING
  • Disliked — NO Restaurant
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob-Louisville
Lake Gaston, NC/VA
Reviewed 16 January 2008

My wife and I enjoyed four nights at the end of September '07 at this property. Our 34th wedding anniversary was on 9/29 and prompted our trip from our home on Lake Gaston on the NC/VA border.

We intended to spend only one night in PCB to check out the area because my brother was moving there from 35 yrs in Atlanta and had just closed on a house in PCB, though still hadn't moved down. However, we found out there was a Harley Rally, Thunder Beach, going on and though we aren't bikers, we decided to stay in our relaxing digs at the Beachcomber all of our vacation rather than hiking down to a favorite spot outside Tampa, so that we could take it all in and see for ourselves what one was like.

Many bikers stayed at the Beachcomber the latter part of our stay there. We enjoyed looking at their machines and watching what bikers do at a beach rally! Nice folks, all. None was out of the way at all and the resort treated them with respect, welcoming them with open arms as did all of PCB.

Had a very nice, 4th floor room with spectacular view of Gulf, beach, swimming pool and spa. Our room was very satisfactory and daily rate quite reasonable. We were "walk ins" who arrived late on Tuesday evening with no reservations but the front desk clerk was quite accommodating and welcoming, filling us in on what to expect once the bikers began rollin' into town in earnest.

There was no restaurant on site at the Beachcomber so we took all meals out except for ordering pizza delivered once.

We own a one bedroom, oceanfront condo at Myrtle Beach, SC at Beach Cove Resort. Our room at the Beachcomber was comparable to our condo there and so was the rest of the resort., except for no restaurant. Well kept. Clean. Well managed.

We would recommend the Beachcomber by the Sea Resort at Panama City Beach, FL to our friends without hesitation. Quite a fun experience for us as first-timers to PCB, largely due to the nice folks and ample accommodations at this property.

Marshall Henry

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank muthertrucker
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2008

The stay at the the Beachcomber By The Sea was by far one of the best stays I had in panama city beach. The people were so pleasent and the room was immaculate. I would recommend the Beachcomber By The Sea to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay with the great hospitality of the south.If available try to get a room on the seventh floor as the views of the gulf are breathtaking.

Stayed January 2008