I am the sponsor of a high school musical organization. I brought a group of 40 students to stay at the Beachcomber in order to perform at a local music festival. I've brought groups to Panama City Beach before but this was the first time to stay at this property. The hotel is older but all of the rooms were clean and well maintained. My students did their time on the beach but they also enjoyed the pool area after the sun went down. The location was ideal for us as there is a shopping center with a grocery store and a drug store within easy walking distance. The students were able to go to the store and bring back food to prepare in the rooms. There are a couple of fast food places as well as some sit-down dining establishments just across the street. There was a good mix of young people, older couples and families staying here also. We only had one problem while we were here. There was a room with some rowdy spring-breakers in between two of our freshman girls rooms. They were being loud and obnoxious and I was concerned that we might have to contact the local police. Fortunately the people in that room left the hotel for a long portion of the evening and I discovered that the hotel has a security guard on duty all night until 6 AM. We were all glad to see that room check out the next morning. The hotel staff were always helpful and courteous. They even went out of their way to provide some special accommodations that we needed. I will definitely plan to stay here again the next time we come to Panama City Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort meets convenience at Beachcomber By The Sea, one of BY THE SEA RESORTS' four gulf-front Panama City Beach hotels. The many ball teams, festival-goers and bikers that visit the "Real. Fun. Beach." Prefer the Beachcomber because of its proximity to Frank Brown Park. Families love the heated, gulf-front pool and convenience to the Pier Park shopping, dining and entertainment complex. Couples crave the Jacuzzi suites. Church groups and brides-to-be adore the affordable rooms and banquet room located across the street at the Beachcomber Retreat. All of our guests enjoy perks like FREE continental breakfast and discounts at area attractions. Other amenities include gulf-front accommodations with private balconies and fully-equipped kitchens, a heated, gulf-front whirlpool, a laundry facility, a computer lounge and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beachcomber By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber By The Sea Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beachcomber By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida