“Not Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Not Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed 3 nights. It was a little dated and the carpets need to be clean, but it did have two flat screen televisions with premium channels. I am a little too old for the party scene at night so it was nice having good televisions to watch at night. It was pretty quiet too. The beach is beautiful and there is also a nice pool there too if you would rather swim in it instead of the Gulf. Each room has a Gulf view with a separate sitting area. It has a full kitchen as well. The staff was very nice and everybody there was very friendly. Other than the carpets, the place was very clean. It was in walking distance to a great shopping area across from the pier. They served a continental breakfast each day which was nice too, I don't think for the money, that you could go wrong. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank debfog617

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My last visit this past spring was not as pleasant as it had been for many, many years. This is because a family of three was at the pool daily, their eight year old (or so) daughter spent half her time screaming while her mother made no attempt to even pay attention. I asked the mother if she could control the girl and she said she couldn't, it was this way all the time.

It was so loud and obnoxious I could not carry on a conversation with other people. Having no other option I went to the beach area and rented a $30 chair and umbrella. The screams were loud here also. Frustrated I went to the front desk and asked if they could help. The manager acknowledged hearing the loud screams from inside his closed door office for many days, but added the hotel was family friendly and he did not offer to attempt to correct the problem.

Lots of families stay here and for good reasons as stated in the previous review. I believe the manager should have taken care of the screaming problem many days before I complained. The fact that I was a longstanding customer didn't make a difference.

I was and still am disappointed. As a result will stay elsewhere

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johnny R
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My sister and I stayed at The Beachcomber in a double suite August 22-25 for a quick weekend get away. The room was reasonably attractive and spacious, with furnishings that appeared to be well-maintained. The beds were comfortable and the kitchenette was very convenient. There were no cleanliness or disrepair issues, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our up close view of the sea, hearing the waves, and smelling the salty air from our private balcony. The beach, which was kept up nicely, was easily accessible through the pool area, and being able to go back and forth to our room from the beach on a whim, without hiking half a mile or taking a shuttle, was greatly appreciated. I'm not a fan of swimming with the "critters" so I was a little disappointed that there was a row of live seaweed a few feet out into the water, but others were having a great time snorkeling and watching all the fish feeding in it, and I was thrilled when two dolphins were spotted swimming about 20 yards off the beach. With Starbucks less than a mile away at Pier Park, along with numerous other dining, shopping, and recreation options, we did not go into the continental breakfast room, but it looked like average hotel offerings -- bagels, donuts, pastries, cereals, and juices. The Beachcomber will be a repeat destination for me some time soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We booked this via Wyndam. We wanted a king room but found out they (Wyndam) only books doubles. You think the rooms are backwards because the beds are in front and the sitting area is on the beach side. It had a little kitchen and extra sink - which comes in handy since there's usually just one sink in the bathroom area. It's not a brand new facility and the couch cloth is ragged in places, but I don't usually sit on them anyway. It was a bit noisy because of the road traffic and the bedroom being on the front side. (5th floor)
Folks at the front desk were very nice. They have a continental breakfast in another area with cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, different juices, coffee and sweets. Even though I didn't use the pool, etc. I saw staff cleaning the pool and area around it every morning. They have grills you can use and shuffleboard around the pool area.
My biggest complaint is the slow elevators. Be prepared to wait to use them. I'm not kidding either.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My fiancée and I stayed at the beachcomber aug 17-20th for a much needed vacation. When we arrived at the front desk we were greeted by a very nice clerk named Camille. She was very knowledgable about all the amenities of the hotel and surrounding areas. The room was neat and clean. There is also too flat screen T.V.'s in the room, full kitchen and an additional sitting area. We were on the 5th floor and the views were breathtaking. The parking was decent and the hotel is close to pier park and fast food restaurants. We will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 5th floor or higher for a better view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great time. The lady that checked us in was very nice we got there around 12 and got a text at 1:30 that our room was ready I will be staying there again. The pool was great loved the private balcony

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Connie D
Alabama
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a great time. Our room had 2 A/C's and 2 flat screens, very comfortable and quiet! Plenty of room in the bathroom. Pool was very clean. Large pool deck (needs deck lights at night and music all day until pool closes.) Does have laundry room coined washers and dryers. Not far from the Pier, Pier Park, Winn Dixie, Walmart, Target, and Miracle Strip.

Room Tip: 5th floor or higher for great view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family