“Wonderful place to stay”

Beachcomber By The Sea
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Cullman, Alabama
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Great place to stay while you are in pcb....the room was really nice with a living room that had a couch with a hide a bed double size, a nice balcony t to sit and watch the waves in the morning as we drank our first cup of coffee for the day, that was made in the kitchen of the suite that we stayed in. Nice size kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, etc. fully equipped. Large clean bathroom with plenty of towels etc and a large bedroom with two double beds.
The price was very affordable and the staff were professional and friendly. It was a pleasant change to spend our vacation at a
hotel where the staff seemed to be happy also. From the pool guys to the receptionist and maid, they were all very helpful, answered any questions that they had and seemed to be genuinely concerned that we have a good time. They knew alot about the happenings for the weekend and recommended some really great stuff to do. We plan to spend next year there and will be inviting our entire family to go along with us.

3 Thank advine1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Charleston
Reviewed 23 September 2007

I was extremely pleased with the price, view and accomodations. The hotel was not lavish but clean and well maintained. I booked the room for a week for my business trip. When I arrived and the room was a bedroom suite and kitchenette, I called home to have family drive down to enjoy it with me. This was such a great time of year (August 19 - 23) no crowds, it was like having the hotel to ourselves. The pool is very child friendly with a large area under 2 feet for toddlers and infants or even adults just wanting to cool off. There was plenty of shade for those not wanting sun. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. This is a perfect family vaction. I would recommend this hotel any time. I may book it next year for a family vaction.

• Liked — The great value.
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank SAWARD11
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 20 September 2007

We are from the Birmingham area so this 5 hour trip is well worth it! This will be our 3rd stay at this location and we have stayed 2 other times at their other location down the road. We LOVE the Gulf Front Views,the accommodating staff & friendliness, the outdoor pool area, the comfy beds, the peace & quite late at night- (when it's not Thunder Rally wk-end.), their email deal specials with a full size kitchen . We are looking forward to their remodeling this fall (which by the way we don't think it's needed, but hey, I'm sure it will be lovely-hope the price doesn't go up a great deal-or at all!!)

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank Haku- crown of fresh flowers
Tennessee
Reviewed 1 September 2007

We stayed at the Beachcomber Aug. 28-30, 2007. Stayed on 7th floor with great view of Gulf. Room was clean and spacious. Room layout just as shown on their website. No wireless internet on the 7th floor but just go to lobby and use. Panama City Beach is a grat beach.. nice white sand, clear water.. We could not have had a better stay.. Expedia charged us $89 for room but hotel would have charged $79 so may want to book direct..

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nathug_7
Spring, TX
Reviewed 24 August 2007

When booking a room for my class reunion, I called several hotels. Only one had a friendly and helpful desk clerk who spoke English as a first language. That matters to me.

She told me that the rates would drop in August (their low season) and she gave me a great rate on a handicapped room.

By calling direct and speaking with an honest and cheerful person, I felt at ease.

The facility was sparkling, and everything in the room met my hopes and expectations. Cleanliness is all-important to me. I was very happy with the great bed and furnishings.

I found only one area which needs improvement, the hospitality room. It is small, and the continental breakfast offerings are meager, mainly just little cakes wrapped in cellophane (ugh).

The class reunion was held at another hotel, which offered a much larger and better stocked hospitality room, but lesser, poorer facilities, and showed rust, wear, and insufficient upkeep.

I will continue to stay at the Beachcomber, even though their hospitality room is not up to par, because the staff is very helpful and the rooms and pool are superior and always immaculate.

In other areas of the country, I usually stay at Hampton Inns, but on Panama City Beach, it is always the Beachcomber. Their facilities are just as nice, it is right on the beach, and the rates are way less than the Hampton, which is not on the beach.

Roger Spikes
Spring, TX

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank raspikes
jacksons gap,alabama
Reviewed 23 August 2007

my husband and i were there on our annivsery. we had a wonderful time. the beach is beautiful and the water is to. the rooms were just as they showed on their website. the pool was nice and the hot tub. i watch the staff clean it every morning, so i knew it was clean. i also watched a wedding take place on the beach it was nice. they offer this at their resort. very friendly staff,can't wait until we can go again. the next time we plan on making it a family trip.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bigsexy39
Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2007

My friend and I went to Panama City Beach for a short vacation to "get away"!! She had stayed at the Beachcomber previously but I had not. I am very concerned with cleanliness and hate to stay at hotels period because most are not up to par. With that said, I thought the Beachcomber was excellent. The employees, from the first conversation to make the reservation-- to the check out process, were exceptional. Everytime we ran into an employee, they were ready and waiting to help. The bathrooms and the pots and pans were my only complaint. I think the bathrooms could have been a little cleaner but they were ok. We bought bacon and eggs to cook for breakfast but unfortunately the skillet had something burnt in the bottom that I couldn't get out. The saucepans were the same. The pool was awesome. There was plenty of room for all of the guests and it never felt crowded. Beach access was easy. The view from the balcony was beautiful. I loved almost everything about this property. Because we were women traveling alone, we were happy to see security present everywhere. We always felt safe. I was happy to hear that the rooms were going to be updated in October. I loved the Beachcomber and cannot wait to take my husband and kids back next year.

• Liked — The beach view from the balcony.
  • Disliked — Bathroom and dishes.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends