“Worst management I've ever experienced. STAY AWAY”
Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I could go on and on with the problems we had with this place but I'll stick with the key points:
1. The maid services - the most we ever had done to our room was new towels and our trash taken out.. This was RARE. most days we even asked for a broom to sweep the room ourselves. The maids come at 8am knowing that nobody is going to be awake and refuse to come back at a later time. When asking the front desk about this we were told that no hotel over spring break cleans their rooms.. ??
2. Don't even think about loosing the room key.. Automatic charge. Which is ridiculous.
3. The front desk people - I was APPALLED by the way we were spoken to. We were staying here on spring break and were a group of very mellow girls who never caused any problems. At checkout we were told to "grow up and actually be somebody". How dare you!! Who treats their customers this way? Even if they are young customers.
4. Trash - because of the fact that our trash was rarely taken out (which was apart of our rental fee I might add) we had 2 trash cans full of trash when we checked out. We were told we needed to carry the trash out to the dumpsters or there would be a $50 cleanup fee. At a hotel. This is unheard of to me, and I am a frequent traveler.

The one thing I will give casa loma props for is the security. We were a group of 4 girls and the security men made us feel very safe at all hours. Those men deserve a raise. But other than security, I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to stay here. Good luck.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Kennha
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I apologize for your experience at Casa Loma as we strive to be better than this review. I do believe I have asked the person placing this review to call me prior. Please call the General Manager (who has not spoken to you) so we can discuss this review. Call the hotel and ask for Betty Spence, if not available please leave voice message.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

They have no consideration for customer service. The rudest staff you can come across. The maids do not clean a thing and we had to ask for brooms ourself and had to get our own towels. As we left we were told by the desk lady "try to grow up and actually be somebody." The beach was beautiful but this hotel definitely receives the rudest employee award disregarding the security guards who were very nice. FIND A BETTER HOTEL SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR STAY.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Carl_Texas
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

This is so unbelievable to me as General Manager of this hotel, I am here at check out every day from 7 am till when ever and have never told anyone this type of wording. However if you had a problem with housekeeping (which spring break is challenging for everyone) I wish you would have let me know while you were here. Can you please give me a personal call at the hotel and give me the opportunity to discuss this review and your stay and who talked to you in this manner. I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay and would like to discuss it in detail!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The general manager is one of the most unprofessional people I have ever met. The messed up our reservations and then tried to blame US for THEIR mistake, even though we had all the original paperwork to prove what we were saying. Rather than trying to make the customer happy they told us to LEAVE THE HOTEL. About an hour after and we had already found another hotel the GM calls us to say they found their mistake and wanted to know if we would come back!!! Are you kidding me??? And we NEVER got an apology from the GM for how she treated us... STAY FAR AWAY. YOU CAN DO ALOT BETTER IN PCB THAN THIS PLACE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU CAN BE TREATED LIKE A GUEST...the GM is old, set in her ways and thinks she can do NO wrong.. Just warning ya... Don't touch this place with a 10' pole

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Wxchris
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

As general manager of the Casa Loma I have never refused a room to anyone or ever treat anyone the way you said I did. My name is Betty Spence I would like to respond with you
personally about your complaint as everything that is written had Never happened! Please call me at your earliest convenience and ask for me by name. We value our guest and this is not
like me or my staff and have not had a problem with a reservation since last 4th of July!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was the worst! The place was filthy, had dust 2 inches thick.Missing 2 lightbulbs for the lamps. Spiders in the bathroom, no tub. They had us on the 3rd floor and no elevator only 3 flights of steps! No view, the view is blocked by the trees. The pool was closed! The whole place was a dump they were doing some kind of construction or something, none of this was disclosed when making reservations. The whole area was dirty and nasty garbage everywhere. We had come in for a funeral, we didn't get in till midnight the night before being a last minute trip. We asked for a late check out to spend a litle more time with family befor leaving. We were almost 30 minutes away at the time we called for late check out. They refused so we rushed back to be there before 11, we got there at 10:45 and they had already locked us outof our room!!!!! The room key wouldnot work!! Really!!! How terrible! When asked for the manager, she was "busy" this place really sucked!!!! I wouldn't take my dog there! The people were rude, and very ugly to work with.I would put a big black X on this place......stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank shawkins4
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

This review was written before, almost same identical words and asked you to respond. Yes we were under construction and notices on internet and on property so we did our best to advise of this. I do remember who you were even which room you were in, if you would like to discuss this issue please call and leave message for the general manager. Other than us having construction this is the only think of this comment that is true! Please read some of the others so how could this be what you are describing? Please call the GM if you would like to discuss any issues. Please do not repost again so as not to have to proceed further!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed at Casa Loma the past two times I've come to PCB Florida. My favorite part of my stays have been the excellent friendly staff. Debbie who works at the front desk goes above and beyond all expectations to make sure all the guest are greeted with a smile and she is willing to help answer questions and do everyhing she can to make my stay the best I've ever had. Each time I have stayed here the rooms were clean and well stocked with towels,coffee, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The refrigerators work well and the beds are comfortable and clean. Each room is beach front with a private deck and wonderful unobstructed views of the beach. I also believe they have some of the best rates. The motel is going thru a few renovations like painting and updated the outside facade but these renovations do not disturb the peaceful serene atmosphere. I would highly recommend Casa Loma to all my friends and family. I'm also already planning my next stay soon.

• Stayed: February 2014
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you so very much for your glowing remarks and most of all your return visits again and again! We will share your compliments with Debbie and she enjoys each of our guest and this sounds like one of our monthly guest who knows Debbie personally. Thank you for all the stars and you are the best star of all!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This place is the stuff nightmares are made of, the staff treats you like cattle and blames you for the run down look of there garbage dump with beds. The side walk is generally cleaner than the rooms, also I hope you didn't get promised any sort of promotion well your there, they won't honor it and will most likely blame someone they can't get a hold of for it. So if your looking for a nice place to enjoy the beach or explore the panama city nightlife look somewhere else. Only nice thing I can say about this hotel is that it is on the beach, but so is the rest of panama city. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jet_Set306
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit, if you would please give the general manager a call at the hotel to discuss this review and your stay with us. We would never treat our guest as cattle and I would like to see why you felt this way and discuss the bedding. I earnestly apologize for your unpleasant stay and would love to discuss this visit and review with you. I am so sorry for your difficulty with the hotel and strive to be better than your visit says about us here at the Casa Loma.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We loved it here. Beautiful views and everyroom is Gulf front and a short walk to beach. Yes is an older property and a bit worn but beds were comfortable and is well equiped. Didn't see any bugs at all as was mentioned by another reviewer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladyinred60
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your recent visit and acknowledgement of the visit with us. We appreciate your visit and remarks and hope you visit us from St Louis again. Hopefully you noticed we were doing huge renovations to balcony's, building and painting everything so we can be updated for all our guest. Sorry the weather wasn't great here but hopefully you can return when better weather.