“Great Stay, Amazing View!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great Stay, Amazing View!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We visited last week with my boyfriend from Chicago to escape the everlasting winter, that was dragging into April.
When we arrived at Casa Loma we were checked in by the sweetest lady! I'm so bad with names but she had her hair put in a braid. All staff members were really nice and helpful and housekeeping was stellar.
On the way there I was worried that we weren't going to get the ocean view from the photo but to my surprise EVERY room in the hotel looked at the ocean - the open hallways are on the "boring" side of the hotel so no guest misses on breathtaking ocean view right from their window and terrace.
Another concern i had was because of a review i had read about uncomfortable beds that turned out not to be the case. We were able to really rest well these three night were were at the hotel.
The rooms aren't luxurious but are very clean and well kept and i think are very, very good for the price and location! It was a stay at a place with a homey feel, combined with a beach, literally a few steps away from our room as well as clean and light rooms at a very affordable price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anastasia C
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your stay with us during Spring Break as it can be overwhelming to someone not expecting it. We would like to say thanks for the glowing 5 star ratings and also gracious comments of our hotel and staff. We are hopeful your weather improves in your home state and will welcome you home again. Our logo and motto is come as a guest and leave as family! This fits in with the word you referred to as homey! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
Ozark, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I can honestly say; If you plan on coming here for spring break, then yes this is the place for you. its cheap and the rooms are perfect. BUT if you plan on coming here to vacation/honeymoon do not stay here. Websites state that there is a microwave in the room (which there is not); the shower cant decide if it wants to be scalding hot or ice cold (there is no tub); you have to wear a wrist band the whole time you are here so don't plan on having an even tan on your arm or the most beautiful shore side pictures; you have to list everything wrong with the room when you check in (which means their is something obviously wrong with the room?); the beds are horribly uncomfortable; AND furthermore, apparently you cant be a newlywed couple coming to stay here and get a nice room right off the bat because they look at your age and automatically think you are here for spring break and give you the crappiest rooms they have (the bed was stained, two of the three lamps were broken, hair in the sheets, etc.) I can say that hotel staff has been helpful and they did give us a new room upon request (even though I think they were kind of rude about it, but that's ok). Like I said, this hotel is great for spring break, not vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dfleming0791
Thank you for your review. I am deeply saddened to learn about your experience and I am sorry for not meeting your expectations.
Spring Break is a challenging time of year and we have to put certain measures in place to deter less than desireable behavior. I assure you these measures are in place to protect our guests.
I have shared the rest of your comments with my staff and we are working on correcting those issues. Thank you again and congratulation on your wedding.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Was here with friends for our Spring Break this year. Was very homey. Ms Betty and Ms Debbie at the front desk were great, friendly and super nice to us at check in. Also, anytime we had questions they were very helpful. The room was super nice and the view was awesome. Housekeeping was very courteous and thorough in what they did for us. Very pleasant stay and would definitely go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you first for the visit and surviving Spring Break 2014 and for the kind remarks of myself, Debbie and the housekeeping staff, we hope to see you as many times in the future as the past!
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a few times now, and each time we were very pleased with our stay. The first time we didn't know they didn't have elevator's, but after that we made sure to request our room on the lower levels. We were well pleased with all staff. Last summer when we stayed they did have some construction going on and kept apologizing for the noise. But it didn't bother us one bit. We spent most of our days out at the beach or around town shopping. We always recommend to our friends and families to stay here. Always happy to return.

Room Tip: If your not into climbing stairs make sure to request your room on the parking level.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so very much for being our repeat guest here at the Casa Loma, as we appreciate you and also your referral's. We know and understand the construction this past year was a challenge for all of us but to better the hotel for our guest it had to be done. Again thank you
for your kindness and loyalty.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Do not come here looking to have a good time. Terrible location...weak side of town. I feel as if it's more like a daycare than a hotel. Full of couples and cockroaches. Joke of a place. Whole place smells like crap. Party coordinator creeped on girls entire time. Give Chris a raise that guy was a lot of help.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lolllllllllllll
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I am first of all sorry you decided on the retreat during march with the HUGE event of Spring Break, but do not understand the answer about location as we are in the very center of Panama City Beach. Please give me a call at your convenience as would like to discuss who at the front desk was rude to you. I remember giving two free airmattresses with out a change and apologize to you for that also and again let me know which desk clerk it was? Just call the hotel and ask for general manager. If I am not available please leave a voice message and number to return the call!
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Awful, awfullllll experience!!! They messed up my reservations, and over charged my account. Also just rude customer service! Do NOT stay here! Plus the rooms were dirty and no where near anything exciting

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kim M
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
I apologize for your experience while at the Casa Loma and would ask you give me a personal call to discuss your stay. I think that I answered this prior but just in case it was duplicated call
850 234-1100 and ask for the general manager. If I am not available (Spring Break) leave me a voice message with number to call you back.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I could go on and on with the problems we had with this place but I'll stick with the key points:
1. The maid services - the most we ever had done to our room was new towels and our trash taken out.. This was RARE. most days we even asked for a broom to sweep the room ourselves. The maids come at 8am knowing that nobody is going to be awake and refuse to come back at a later time. When asking the front desk about this we were told that no hotel over spring break cleans their rooms.. ??
2. Don't even think about loosing the room key.. Automatic charge. Which is ridiculous.
3. The front desk people - I was APPALLED by the way we were spoken to. We were staying here on spring break and were a group of very mellow girls who never caused any problems. At checkout we were told to "grow up and actually be somebody". How dare you!! Who treats their customers this way? Even if they are young customers.
4. Trash - because of the fact that our trash was rarely taken out (which was apart of our rental fee I might add) we had 2 trash cans full of trash when we checked out. We were told we needed to carry the trash out to the dumpsters or there would be a $50 cleanup fee. At a hotel. This is unheard of to me, and I am a frequent traveler.

The one thing I will give casa loma props for is the security. We were a group of 4 girls and the security men made us feel very safe at all hours. Those men deserve a raise. But other than security, I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to stay here. Good luck.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kennha
I apologize for your experience at Casa Loma as we strive to be better than this review. I do believe I have asked the person placing this review to call me prior. Please call the General Manager (who has not spoken to you) so we can discuss this review. Call the hotel and ask for Betty Spence, if not available please leave voice message.