“Do NOT stay here!!!”
Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Trust me, just spend the extra money and stay at a nicer hotel, you will thank yourself for it. This hotel was honestly the worst place I have ever stayed at, and I travel a lot. The shower curtain and shower head were covered in mold and the beds had sand in them. The FIRST day we were there I was drinking water and spilled a little on the floor. I went to clean it up with a tissue. After wiping the floor, the tissue was brown from the floor obviously not being cleaned. The second day was even better, our room flooded! We woke up with an inch of water on the floor, all of our stuff was soaked and it broke my phone charger. Instead of getting an apology, we were actually blamed for the flood. The maintenance staff made rude comments because they had to clean it up (their job) and told us we must of left the shower running all night... It was a complete nightmare. It honestly ruined my vacation and I would of rather of been home at work. Room service came once the whole week and we ended up running out of towels numerous times. But the fun continued when we all had bites from the bed bugs! Its posted that they have "premium channels"... their TV had 19 channels (most were news channels) and the TV was completely fuzzy, the phone didn't even work, the shower would randomly turn to scolding hot, we were woken up at 8am from construction work outside our room, the beds felt like boards, and there were numerous holes in the walls. I honestly don't know how they are still in business. The only up side of our vacation was escaping the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicole S
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

The writer of this review was not a guest at the Casa Loma, there was only 2 females in this room and not this name, also there were issues of damage to this room. I do not normally write a negative review but none of this is true. If you had not left water running in bathroom over night your room would not have been flooded. Damage to my room exceeded $580.00 not just the $200 security deposit! Sorry to have to write this in the manner it is written but other people reading this review needs to know!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We visited last week with my boyfriend from Chicago to escape the everlasting winter, that was dragging into April.
When we arrived at Casa Loma we were checked in by the sweetest lady! I'm so bad with names but she had her hair put in a braid. All staff members were really nice and helpful and housekeeping was stellar.
On the way there I was worried that we weren't going to get the ocean view from the photo but to my surprise EVERY room in the hotel looked at the ocean - the open hallways are on the "boring" side of the hotel so no guest misses on breathtaking ocean view right from their window and terrace.
Another concern i had was because of a review i had read about uncomfortable beds that turned out not to be the case. We were able to really rest well these three night were were at the hotel.
The rooms aren't luxurious but are very clean and well kept and i think are very, very good for the price and location! It was a stay at a place with a homey feel, combined with a beach, literally a few steps away from our room as well as clean and light rooms at a very affordable price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anastasia C
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your stay with us during Spring Break as it can be overwhelming to someone not expecting it. We would like to say thanks for the glowing 5 star ratings and also gracious comments of our hotel and staff. We are hopeful your weather improves in your home state and will welcome you home again. Our logo and motto is come as a guest and leave as family! This fits in with the word you referred to as homey! Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I can honestly say; If you plan on coming here for spring break, then yes this is the place for you. its cheap and the rooms are perfect. BUT if you plan on coming here to vacation/honeymoon do not stay here. Websites state that there is a microwave in the room (which there is not); the shower cant decide if it wants to be scalding hot or ice cold (there is no tub); you have to wear a wrist band the whole time you are here so don't plan on having an even tan on your arm or the most beautiful shore side pictures; you have to list everything wrong with the room when you check in (which means their is something obviously wrong with the room?); the beds are horribly uncomfortable; AND furthermore, apparently you cant be a newlywed couple coming to stay here and get a nice room right off the bat because they look at your age and automatically think you are here for spring break and give you the crappiest rooms they have (the bed was stained, two of the three lamps were broken, hair in the sheets, etc.) I can say that hotel staff has been helpful and they did give us a new room upon request (even though I think they were kind of rude about it, but that's ok). Like I said, this hotel is great for spring break, not vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dfleming0791

Thank you for your review. I am deeply saddened to learn about your experience and I am sorry for not meeting your expectations.
Spring Break is a challenging time of year and we have to put certain measures in place to deter less than desireable behavior. I assure you these measures are in place to protect our guests.
I have shared the rest of your comments with my staff and we are working on correcting those issues. Thank you again and congratulation on your wedding.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Was here with friends for our Spring Break this year. Was very homey. Ms Betty and Ms Debbie at the front desk were great, friendly and super nice to us at check in. Also, anytime we had questions they were very helpful. The room was super nice and the view was awesome. Housekeeping was very courteous and thorough in what they did for us. Very pleasant stay and would definitely go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you first for the visit and surviving Spring Break 2014 and for the kind remarks of myself, Debbie and the housekeeping staff, we hope to see you as many times in the future as the past!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a few times now, and each time we were very pleased with our stay. The first time we didn't know they didn't have elevator's, but after that we made sure to request our room on the lower levels. We were well pleased with all staff. Last summer when we stayed they did have some construction going on and kept apologizing for the noise. But it didn't bother us one bit. We spent most of our days out at the beach or around town shopping. We always recommend to our friends and families to stay here. Always happy to return.

Room Tip: If your not into climbing stairs make sure to request your room on the parking level.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so very much for being our repeat guest here at the Casa Loma, as we appreciate you and also your referral's. We know and understand the construction this past year was a challenge for all of us but to better the hotel for our guest it had to be done. Again thank you
for your kindness and loyalty.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Do not come here looking to have a good time. Terrible location...weak side of town. I feel as if it's more like a daycare than a hotel. Full of couples and cockroaches. Joke of a place. Whole place smells like crap. Party coordinator creeped on girls entire time. Give Chris a raise that guy was a lot of help.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Lolllllllllllll
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

I am first of all sorry you decided on the retreat during march with the HUGE event of Spring Break, but do not understand the answer about location as we are in the very center of Panama City Beach. Please give me a call at your convenience as would like to discuss who at the front desk was rude to you. I remember giving two free airmattresses with out a change and apologize to you for that also and again let me know which desk clerk it was? Just call the hotel and ask for general manager. If I am not available please leave a voice message and number to return the call!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Awful, awfullllll experience!!! They messed up my reservations, and over charged my account. Also just rude customer service! Do NOT stay here! Plus the rooms were dirty and no where near anything exciting

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kim M
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I apologize for your experience while at the Casa Loma and would ask you give me a personal call to discuss your stay. I think that I answered this prior but just in case it was duplicated call
850 234-1100 and ask for the general manager. If I am not available (Spring Break) leave me a voice message with number to call you back.