“Fun Beach Trip”

Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Anniston, Alabama
“Fun Beach Trip”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just wanted a fun, inexpensive trip. Perfect! Excellent location, beautiful view from private balcony, extremely clean and well maintained. 2nd floor room with parking right out the door, on set of steps to beach and pool highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for a Fun Beach Trip and we greatly appreciate your visit to the Casa Loma and the 5 star rating makes us realize we must be doing something right!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
Higginsville, Missouri
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My friend I traveled with, was very hesitant about staying there after reading some of the negative reviews. My thought was for the money we saved for the location, I was willing to take my chances.
Once we arrived, I decided it was the perfect destination. It is located in the perfect part of the strip. Upon check in the lady who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful.
We made it to our room and was greeted by a nice cool, clean room, with plenty of space for the 4 of us. The beds were comfortable. Pillows were not so great but we have traveled enough to know we brought our own. The kitchen well stocked with dishes, etc. The bathroom was clean. But most importantly the view was spectacular. Every morning we opened the blinds and enjoyed the view.
The balcony above us appeared a bit scary. At first I was afraid to sit under it. But I couldn't pass up the view. I noticed we were under the only one that was marked showing damage. The AC is a bit loud and emits heat on the balcony as many people have complained about. BUT we just moved our chairs to the other end of the balcony and enjoyed the view.
The pool was wonderful! It was so nice to see a deep pool and not just the standard 3 and 5 ft pool. My only complaint of that area was the shower to rinse off from the beach. 1) it is located on the sidewalk to our rooms and was wet and sandy every time. I know it appears to be the ideal location. But maybe it could be moved slightly to keep the walk way free and clear. And 2) it doesn't always work. At least the top one didn't work most of our stay. Which would have been good to get sand out of the kids' hair. Also there was no broom in the rooms to sweep up all the sand you track in. But we went to the $1 shop and bought one. Although house keeping came everyday we spent so much time on the beach that we drug in a lot of sand.
We loved the fact that there were community barbeque grills. There is a gas at one end and a charcoal at the other end of the community space. Although we didn't use it we saw several people using it.
The beach access and access to the pool was fantastic. Our girls were preteens and I could watch them play on the beach or see them sunbathing from our room. I have stayed on beach properties before and never been able to do that.
My main complaint is the parking situation. They have parking spots all the way to the wall and when people park in those there is no way for someone to drive through or turn around. They have to back up. I know that parking is limited and those 2 or 4 spots on the end are much needed but everyday I saw numerous people trying to get in and out of the lot and not able to. Especially if someone else was trying to get through. So maybe if they could free up the slots on the end just to pass through there would be a lot less angry drivers.
And the fact that there was only 1 washer and dryer. I know space is limited there. But just 1 unit with all those people did cause some to wait.
My biggest compliment is the people! Everyone on staff we met there was AMAZING! We would stay here again just for the view and the people. Ed was amazing! He was always around checking to make sure everyone was safe and didn't need anything. He was able to answer any of our questions. We loved Ed! Although we never met anyone on staff that wasn't nice. When we left we actually commented that was the first place we had stayed that everyone was nice. Betty the manager kept in constant contact with us via email from the day we booked our stay. She was so helpful and answered any questions or concerns that I had.

Room Tip: Book through Casa Loma directly as they will personally email you once they have your reservation an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tabitha R
Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to review the hotel! We will attempt to better take care of the sand in the rooms for you, and thanks for the good description of your visit.
Knoxville
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Awful from the beginning. Came down for 5 days with friends and as soon as we checked in and got our room we realized we got the wrong one. We were suppose to get standard room with kitchen and just got a regular 2 bed room. Had a car full of groceries too. We go to the front desk and the lady laughs about it and says oh I can't do anything until my GM gets here tomorrow. Asked if she had somewhere to keep our groceries and she said no? We come down the next day and the GM was even ruder. Was more concerned about smoking her cigarette. Safe to say TWO days later we were in the right room. I've stayed in Panama several times and will never stay here again. Seen previous awful reviews and didn't believe it but I do now. Rude service, rooms are not clean, the shower is either extremely hot or extremely cold and the maintance people are just plain creepy and wanted to continually check out my daughter. Pay the extra $20 and walk down the street to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank toriijewell
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
First of all I will be as truthful as possible but this review was totally not true, the reservation came to us as a standard room not a kitchen. As general Manager of this hotel I do not Smoke
cigarettes and never have. You were only put in a kitchen when I could move rooms around to open a kitchen. But you are Wrong, we are not awful and I can give you 25 comment cards that says opposite of what you have just written! You did not Even Talk to or Ever see the General
Manager, as Again I do not smoke! You did not even book your hotel with the hotel but thru a 3rd party and they messed up your reservation not the hotel. If you would like me to mail you the other 25 comment cards give the hotel a call and give me your name and address and I will be happy to send them to you! My name is Betty Spence and know none of this is true!!!

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Vina, Alabama
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at Casa Loma twice, A friend told me about it a few years ago when I was looking for a place in PCB and after reading reviews of all the hotels I was weary of any of them. I am a single parent and needed an inexpensive place to stay. After looking it up on the web I loved the pictures and decided to book. I was even more surprised to see the room was exactly like the pictures. No its not a 5 star hotel, but it was clean and comfortable and had a amazing view from the picture window and balcony, Yes there were palms trees in the view, but this is Florida people and I love palms trees. Everybody was very nice and friendly and the maids came round every day. But that doesn't matter to me because I Prefer to clean up my own room so we didn't need anything from them except towels. Yes I was on vacation but I can bag my own garbage. No fridge or micro in the standard rooms, but the wine cooler kept our drinks cold and with the money I didn't spend on a more expensive room I was able to eat out at any of the great places I wanted to. Honestly people on here are such Whiney brats You got a beach view room on one of the most beautiful beaches in the World for next to nothing and you cant say anything nice. Please. Im proud I didn't meet any of you people on my stay here. Oh and going on spring break to Party Capital, please you were just asking for it!
Yall people need to get over yourself and stay somewhere else, there are those of us who like to stay here!

Room Tip: I got a parking lot level room I didn't ask for it just got lucky. No elevators but its only 4 s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank N2whitesand
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for your visit to Casa Loma over all the other choices you choose US, we greatly appreciate your visit and glowing response on your pleasant vacation, and your 5 star ratings give us great pleasure! Hope to have you back as part of our family! We say come as
a guest and leave as part of our family.
Haughton, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The views alone are worth staying here. Each room has a gulf view without the big condo price. Room is clean and housekeeping has been by everyday of our stay. Staff had been exceptionally friendly, from front desk to security to housekeeping. Private beach so you aren't fighting the crowds at the public beaches. You can't beat it for the price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ktfelts
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the best kept secret on the beach. We would like to express our happiness in your glowing review but most of all you visit to us here at the Casa Loma!
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, just in between the two 'hot areas' of PCB but quiet, private, so convenient.
Can easily access the beautiful beach, great pool, very family friendly, clean rooms, great value! Only wished the air conditioning unit was somewhere other than the balcony to be able to enjoy the peaceful nights and the roaring ocean! (Air conditioner worked great though!!!)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tnrunrgrl262
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank your for your wonderful visit and yes we are the closest to beach. Anything you could want to do is within 2 miles of us. we are fixing the hot water problem is being fixed this Friday so we do apologize for that problem and hope to see you soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived thinking that there was a frig and microwave ( as it stated on the booking site) but were informed that there was none. We had to buy a cooler which is really nice to have to empty each day and put everything back with new ice. The room smelled and the floors were nasty. The pics must have been taken long ago. The shower went from warm to scalding, then to cool, warm then scalding again! You couldn't sit on the patio without turning off the AC, the heat from it was unbearable. Oh and the laundry area, well all I can say about it is make sure you have on your bathing suit because there is heat exhaust coming from their laundry or somewhere, and feels like you are in a sauna. Don't expect a refund for having to go somewhere else, you WON"T get it. We told them one of us was really sick ( I'm assuming from what ever was making that smell) but were told we couldn't get a refund for the days we had left. Even the booking agent couldn't get them to refund the remaining days but the booking agent refunded our money, instead. You can get a much, much, much nicer place for the amount you will pay there. The staff was nice except for a couple of desk clerks and of course anywhere on the beach is nice, that is all I can say nice about the place.. I have stayed at a couple different hotels there and didn't have any problems but they were booked at the time.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb R
I remember this complaint and only happened day before yesterday We do not put ,micro or frig in our standard room but only in our kitchens. I do not know what you see on the 3rd party sites as that is not done by me. There people does that. you said the room was smelly and that was be cause we had just finished best care on it and you were give a key to it to look at before you even checked in and stayed over 2 and half hours and refused to move. Possibly you were looking for a more upscale hotel but liked our price? We even offered to move you to a kit/suite and you would not even take the key to look at It.