“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN PCB!!!”
Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 February 2005

We absolutely loved this place. Not only was the staff super friendly and warm, but the hotel was also clean and nice. We got a great deal, which make us kind of leary of the place at first, but once we got there and saw the room we were happy. It is an older hotel, but for what we paid ($40/night!) it was perfect. Every room has a beautiful ocean view, and is set up really cute and tropical inside. We give it a thumbs up!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 28 November 2004

this place rules!! not sure what all the bad reviews are about but we had the time of our lives!!! would recommend it over anywhere else. if you have any place to choose in panama city choose casa loma. just leave two rooms for us. (preferably smoking please)

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canton, GA
Reviewed 27 October 2004

Had the same thing happen to us as the people from TN. Had a weekly rate of $299.00 and only stayed three days before they said we had to leave because of Ivan. Can you believe they charged us the daily rate of $88.57 after tax per day now that stinks. Don’t Stay here, you would enjoy a tent on the beach at high tide better! I hope the attorney general can do something because it was gouging at it’s best!

• Stayed: September 2004
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2004

rate 299 wk when hurricane ivan came was charged $80.00 a day after we had to leave, lots of unhappy people got ripped off. these people will tell you on thing but will not follow up. filed complaint with attorney general, gouge law

• Stayed: September 2004
8  Thank pops5155
Glasgow, Ky
Reviewed 15 September 2004

I should have read these reviews before I went. I had reserved a room months in advance for $399.00 + tax (about $441/$56 a night) for eight nights. I arrived 9/11/2004 and was told by the motel to leave 9/14/2004 because of hurricane Ivan. Yes, I was told by them to leave, so I go to settle my bill and they tell me I owe them $361 for three nights. According to them, I don't get the weekly rate because I didn't stay the week. Could this be a form of price gauging? Oh yea, three nights and killed two roaches. Anyone have ideas what I can do? Please e-mail me. Wasted money, wasted vacation time from work and a very sad 4 year old.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 August 2004

There were several things in the room that needed replaced. The furniture was very worn; drawers in dresser didn't open well, the window table's top was bubbled up, and one of blinds was broken so it wouldn't stay open.

It had a kitchenette which included a very nice stove that looked new. The refridgerator looked like it had been beat up, but I guess it still worked. The microwave was extremely small.

Neither of the sinks drained correctly. We called the service desk to report the bathroom sink because it wouldn't drain at all. The positive thing was that they sent a maintence man up to the room immediately.

The parking was very cramped. If the parking lot was full, it was hard to get turned around so that you could get out.

This place needs some major updating. The only postive things that I can say is that the balcony view was very nice overlooking the gulf and the pool was clean. I believe that this hotel is over-priced for the quality of room that your recieve.

11  Thank Lesaepp
Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2004

I had read all the bad reviews here too late. It was too close to the arrival date to cancel. But I thought maybe it won't be all that bad.

I didn't have any of the problems mentioned in the other reviews.

NEGATIVE: Basic room (I have have stayed at $30 rooms in other cities that offered 20 times more amenities than this junky room).

NEGATIVE: Ice maker broken. Wait it wasn't an ice maker it is just a freezer that holds bags of ice. Still it was broken.

POSITIVE: Pool nice, clean.

POSITIVE: Right on beach.

The hotel offers nothing else. A basic room and access right on the beach.

Staying again? Not likely. Will try to find a nicer hotel for the same money.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member