“DISGUSTING!!!”

Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A picture is worth a thousand words! Let me just start by saying I'm pretty easy to please but this place is Disgusting! Please if you value your health and life ..do not even take a chance. Floors dirty, bathroom filthy and I was scared for my grand children to touch anything! Management here is a joke! They are only worried about the money! If I owned this property I would be embarrassed and ashamed of myself for letting this hotel go!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank staceyoneal8
BoardwalkBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear staceyoneal8,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review. We would like to hear more details of your stay so we may take corrective action. Would you be so kind to please send us an email to GuestSatifaction@BoardwalkBeachResort.com, including your dates of stay and reservation name and confirmation number?

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is the location, right on the beach and the ocean view was gorgeous. For the price, the rooms are old and outdated, beds uncomfortable, sheets were turned inside out and raggedy. The check in time was a little extensive, front desk service was poor and slow....thank God this was just a weekend getaway. If we ever visit Panama city again, we will not stay here!

1  Thank Ilovetovacay0818
BoardwalkBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Ilovetovacay0818,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and it’s good to hear that you did enjoy our beach front location. We regret that you did not enjoy some other aspects of your stay as much as you did our location. We would like to let you know that we here what you are saying about the condition of our rooms and we are now actively undergoing renovations! Upgrades such as new hardwood floors, fresh paint, new furniture, and new room décor are a few reasons why our new rooms are sure to our guests' experiences.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Roaches everywhere... That's nasty enough. Besides that there were BLOODSTAINS on my bed when I got there. We stayed for 5 days and not once did our sheets get changed. The hotel has problems like loose hair driers and awful broken doors and when we checked out, they blamed the probles on us and charged us!!! The service was bad with maids and whatnot and it was difficult to enjoy my time in Florida. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

2  Thank Cape_Ryan

Dear Cape_Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret that you did not bring any of these issues up to our front desk staff during the time of your stay, so we could have had the opportunity to make things right. Please email us details of your stay to GuestSatisfaction@BoardwalkBeachResort.com, so we can better investigate and address your issues.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friends & I spent July fourth here.. I was very skeptical about this place..(Though I didn't have much of a choice because it was last minute thing) And all the other places were either booked or way over my budget. . Surprisingly like I said.. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

We were on the third floor with ocean view . . The room was actually pretty big . . Fits 6 people perfectly without being in each others space. The bed sheets really did threw me off as in ' ehh, don't know if I should sleep on it or not?' but I guess it was ok for me.
The bathroom was small.. So if you don't like small bathrooms.. I suggest you find another place.

I didn't like how it was extremely had to find an outlet to charge my stuff.. There was an empty small room in the back corner with a bunch of outlet plugs? I'm wondering why they did that? It's a waste of a room.. (Literally an empty corner) I guess that's where the kids play games and charge up their phones&ipads.

Anywho... At the end of the day, I don't have any big complaints about this hotel. It was affordable and was better than some hotels I've stayed before.

1  Thank 01ly

Dear o1ly,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and found that our hotel provided you with your best possible value. Thank you for your suggestion about the room outlets, we will make sure to look into the possibility of adding this project to our current renovations. Making our rooms more spacious by replacing the sleeper sofa with bunk beds is a perfect example of one of many renovations underway. Other upgrades such as fresh paint, new floors, furniture, bedding and room décor are some of the other reasons why our new rooms will enhance guest experiences, while staying only footsteps from the beach at an affordable price. Please come back to see us on your next trip to Panama City Beach, FL.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I went to Panama City Beach for the weekend, we had not stayed the weekend there before so I booked our hotel using Booking.com. Online the hotel looked average, but it was on the beach. It was one of the only hotels that had rooms available. When we got to the hotel the women at the check in counter were not very friendly, they didn't not make you feel welcome at all and it was very unorganized. When we got in the room it was NOT what is pictured on Booking.com. Underneath the bed and all over the floor was piles of sand. We booked a room with two doubles and a sofa bed with a gulf view. The "sofa bed" was a bunk bed with a futon underneath. The "gulf view" was through a disgusting window, which on the website it makes it look like there is a balcony. There was blood on the comforter that was on one of the beds, and they were nasty! The bathroom was in very rough shape. The door that joined our room to our neighbors was basically a piece of plywood and did not seem very safe. The only good think about this place was that it was right on the water . Thankfully, we called the manager and were able to get our money refunded. We will not be returning and will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bmlucas2014
BoardwalkBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear bmlucas2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are concerned to hear about some of your issues and we would like to look more into them. Please email us some more details of your stay to GuestSatisfaction@BoardwalkBeachResort.com, so we can better address your issues with both our front desk and housekeeping departments. The upgrading from outdated sleeper sofas, to bunk beds are actually part of our latest round of hotel room upgrades that we are doing. We are also pleased to let you know that more renovations including new furniture, new room décor and more are also coming soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I decided to book this hotel, despite reading the reviews. So it means we were expecting the worse upon arrival. There were many stories about how long it took for people to check in so we figured we would get there around 3 to be the first ones. There was a long line already forming, but check-in took about 40 mins, and the staff was really nice and made it quick and simple. The room we had looked a lot better than in pictures. Of course, as stated, we were expecting the worse. We knew the room would be small, but the floors were clean and the furniture were fairly new. The only thing i did not like was how hard the beds were. The bathroom wasn't bad either, but the tub did clog after we returned from the beach. I was very impressed at how fast maintenance showed up though, after we called room service. However, room service never came to clean our room. Overall, the hotel isn't as horrible as everyone says. This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel so don't come expecting that. It is however, a simple hotel to rest at night, in an amazing location. But also be weary of some of the shady guests that sits around at night waiting for girls to walk by without company.

Room Tip: Always make sure to book the gulf-view rooms. I also added a note that i wanted the room to be clean...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave W
BoardwalkBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Dave W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. Thank you for the compliments about our customer service, as it is a top priority with us. We would also like to apologize to you for the long wait to check-in this past Friday and reassure you that this is a rare occurrence, which we will be better prepared for in the future. In regards to your comments about the condition of the room, we are currently undergoing some renovations and your room is the perfect example of this. Some of these renovations have already been completed, while others are soon to follow. Upgrades such as new hardwood floors, fresh paint, new furniture, bedding and new room décor are a few reasons why our new rooms are sure to enhance guest experiences, while still staying only footsteps from the beach at an affordable price. Please come back to see us on your next trip to Panama City Beach, FL.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Not pleased with my recent stay at all. Long wait just to check in. Booked 2 rooms but only given 1 at time of check in.Fee taken out for both but a 2 hour laps before second room available. Called several times for housekeeping and towels. Beds small, pillows dirty. Only 1 plug working in room. Need to remove
resort from name because definitely not.Stuck in elevator!

2  Thank Fairytales1

Dear Fairytales1,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are concerned to hear about some of your complaints and regret that we were not informed of your displeasure during the time of your stay. We would like to look more into your complaints, so please email details of your stay to GuestSatisfaction@BoardwalkBeachResort.com.