“Great stay in a great location”

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Great stay in a great location”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at seahaven beach hotel for five nights and enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a two room suite and the room was nice. It was plenty big enough for my family. The front desk staff were very friendly and always made us feel at home. The location and view are amazing. I had read many bad reviews and was worried we were making the wrong decision, but that wasn't the case. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ldrum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our 3p.m promised room wasn't ready untill they git tired of me bugging them for my room @ 4:15 p.m. it was stuffy, smelled moldy. Never staying there again and wouldn't even recomend it to my worst enemy...

• Stayed July 2013
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Hi.

We certainly hate to hear your frustrations at check in. As most properties in the area check in is at 4pm; we strive to get the rooms ready as quickly as possible so those of you that do arrive earlier are able to be checked in at that time. The front desk staff doesn't have the ability to check anyone in prior to the housekeeping department marking the room as cleaned so I feel confidant in saying that they were not pushing your check in time further than necessary. With regard to the room conditions, if you were not satisfied than it is unacceptable to myself and the rest of our management team. I would like to hear more about your experience if you have time. Please contact me by email or by phone. reservations@seahavenbeach.com or 850-636-6550

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Nasty False Advertisement had hairs in bed from previous guest, could see out the gap of ac unit everything leaked walls ceiling ... Disguistng place!!!! Needs to be condemned... Health department has been contacted.. Mold uggh please take my review seriously... I had to give a 1 cause -2000 wasn't available lol

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Springfield, mo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

At best this is a 60.00 motel.. We so wanted to find a small mom and pop motel that was clean with modest accommodations. We did expect new fixtures super plush beds but this place has been trashed by spring breakers and never cleaned up. There was spilled drinks and food in the stairwells, the elevator looked like it had been through a tornado. When we got to our room it smelled of mold so bad my daughter said she couldn't do it, drapes were dirty and hanging off the rod. My husband said lets just see and proceeded to pull apart the bed; it was clean and no signs of bed bugs!! But knowing they owned four properties I thought there was a chance we could be moved. And they did accommodate us across the street at their condo complex for an additional amount of money! I should have listened to the reviews, but without specific details you don't know if its something you can tolerate...

1 Thank nessie69
Hi Nessie69. First, I would like to say that I am very sorry that the property was not what you had expected. You mentioned in your review that the stairwells and elevator were not in an acceptable condition and we agree. Multiple seasons of extreme use have taken it's toll on the property and we are planning extensive renovations to the property in the off season. I am happy to hear that we were able to move you to one of our other properties that would meet you and your families needs.

Please feel free to contact me directly regarding your stay or any future stays. My email address is: reservations@seahavenbeach.com

Piedmont, Alabama
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The room I stayed in was very run down. Water stains on the wall and ceilings. The toilet didn't work half the time. There was roaches and huge rats, and my daugther got eaten alive by fleas, gnats, or mosquitos. When I went to the front desk to complain the lady asked if I wanted to check out! I would never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jody F
Hi Jody

Thank you for your review. Looking over your post, I notice that you were here in July when Panama City Beach was hit with an extreme amount of rain, more so than most of us have ever endured in a short period. Unfortunately, we had to deal with leaks and flooding at our properties. The rain did not help us with mosquitoes and other critters that we all deal with in Florida. I would like to know a little more about your contact with the front desk and see what, if anything, was done to help you with the problems you incurred. Please contact me directly so that I may get additional information from you. I look forward to hearing from you.

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Okay, So where do I begin? I got to the hotel at 12:45 pm, I understand check-in is not until 4 pm but we put our name in anyways hoping to get around around 3ish (if lucky). Well, we never got a call so I decided to go up to the desk at 4:05 pm to check on our room. There was a huge line of complaints of the same situation about how people checked in hours ago and their room was still not ready either. The lady didn't even look my name and just flat out told me "NO". So me and my 2 babies waited in the wait area until about 4:35, and I decided to go up and demand a room because of how long in advance we checked in there was no excuse for them to have a room ready yet. The girl told me that my room was now ready and gave me a key for room 130, well we walked to our room and get there to find out that it was not even cleaned for the previous people who were just in it! I walked up to the front desk and told the girl and she looked like it was no big deal? Well, finally they got me a room ready on the top floor. The room was okay but the whole hotel smelled of mold! The stairwell had food and trash all over them! The hotel never had enough clean towels ever! Oh, to top our trip off when we checked out of our room, the man ahead of us in line was complaining of rats and fleas, disgusting! To gross it out even more, it was in the room we were suppose to originally have. My dad checked on at the Flamingo Motel and it was beautiful and CLEAN! He checked in at 11am and his room was ready at 12:30, I will never stay at this hotel! Stay clear away, there are way better values out there and cleaner!

Room Tip: Stay away from bottom floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsAmanda2013
Hi Amanda

I am sorry that your experience at our property was not favorable. We love to be in a position to check guests in as soon as you arrive so that you can unpack from a long day of traveling and begin your vacation as soon as possible. Unfortunately, during the summer it is difficult to get the rooms turned as quickly as we would like to on heavy check in and check out days. There is not excuse for your room not to be prepared and stocked for your stay as well as the building not being cleaned properly. These are items that we as a company are working on improvement. I hope that in the future you would give Seahaven Beach Resorts another try. I would like to speak with you directly or by email if you are interested.

My email address is reservations@seahavenbeach.com or call me at 850-636-6550.

Panama City Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Pull up the carpet on the first floor! In the hall.stop spraying that air fresher it's not good , it make it worst ,need more bleach. Not air fresher
Close to the beach

Good spot ,you can walk to some stores . Stop spraying that air fresher,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hi Carol

Thank you for your review. We will definitely take a look at the air freshener! Carpet's in rooms on the beach is a constant battle for hoteliers and it's definitely on our list to address this fall/winter. We are currently working on some changes and hope to see you at the property again. Please feel free to contact me about your stay or any future stay.