“Amazing staff”

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location, amazing staff the service was genuinely perfect and very nice (Sherri is amazing) right on the beach with a nice view. our go to place every time, definitely would recommend to anybody looking to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is older and the beds are terrible. Our room was clean but that was about it. The towels and wash clothes we not much thicker than a paper towel and just as rough. The handle on the tub was falling off. The staff was very nice and they moved us to their nicer property which was much better but not beach front. I would suggest staying at the Origin at Seahaven if you can live without beach front. The price was great but remember you get what you pay for.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed there 4/2-4/3/2014. The staff was great and very helpful. The rooms overlook the beach with balconies. The hotel is older but has been somewhat updated and they do their best with what they have. They keep it clean and great beach access. Our first room was in the tower and during that time of year the A/C doesn't really work (swap cooler) and room was very hot. Maintenance was called twice and was very attentive to the issue but couldn't do anything for us. We also had some flooding at door, outside entrances, from washing down the stairs after the late night party. They changed our room from 2 bedroom with Kitchenette to 2 adjoining rooms- 3rd fl with kitchenette, very satisfied. We were there at the end of Spring Break for a family get away and Im sure they had been dealing with a lot for the previous 3 weeks. Don't recommend going during that time of year. Staff was very accommodating and helpful, thank you Sherry and Stephanie. We will stay there again on our next trip to the beach.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the tower, which happens to have the 2 room suites during the time of year that yo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon T
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have (3) words for this stay. I hated it!!!!! We battled the deluge of water and the temperature dipping in the low 50's on April 18-20 to get there and when we did omg!!!! We had gotten something for dinner and were settling in to our room I turned on the heat. The room would not warm up and so we attempted to call the office to alert them we had no heat and could someone come to take a look at it and fix the problem. the phone in the room did not work!! Our private cellphone was used to call to the office. Spoke to staff about the problem and was informed someone would be there to fix it. Noone came that night to fix the heat, so I could not sleep because of my fibromyalgia. Next morning went down stairs to inquire about the issues the previous night. The work order was not put in for the repair. Went to breakfast came back and the unit was sitting outside the room. The problem was the heater core was not working. My family and I went through an entire night cold people!! I went to get an address or website to file a complaint. The first staff I had spoken to earlier was quite pleasant and acknowledged my issues. I went back to her to request the complaint information and ran into the Staff member fromhell!!!! This individual took over the pleasant conversation I was having with the other staff member and turned it into an infantile you say something I say something smarter!!! So I started at the top with this individual gave her the name of the staff for that night and it went to hell from there!!! She told me there was nobody by that name worked there! so I received a technical correction of that person's name. Did the person offer us blankets? No! Told this person called on private c/p because the room phone did not work. The hard and fast reply I was given was " dial 0 for the operator" Wow!!! How refreshing is it to find out one cannot read the words on an antiquated phone dial 0 for the operator!!! Really!!! The lighter that lit my candles on my cake was when this person said I will send someone to take a look at it. When I informed this individual the heat was fixed I was met with, " well why are you here?" i was livid!! I never wanted to be here in the first place. It was intention to stay @ Seahaven Resort ( enjoyed my stay there)and somehow arrangements were made for Hotel Hell! In defense of this individual we developed a tolerance for one another and I was given coupons for Sharky's. I left only to return back and be informed that I had been charged when I should not have been charged. Also to inform my son they were sorry for awaking him. He could not hear because the phone was out in the room! Duh! the error regarding overpayment was corrected. I am not a whiner nor a complainer, but this was the worst trip ever!!! I would never recommend this place.

Room Tip: Just don't go there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Venus1169
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I often try not to look to deep into the reviews of hotels but I wish I had on this place. My family stayed here April 18-20 for weekend trip. We didn't expect a grand hotel for the rates we payed (around 140 per night for a two bedroom), but a decent clean room on the beach was all I was looking for after all we wouldn't be in the room much. I will never make that mistake again. The view was great but that was it! The balcony was literally held on by two tiny screws attached on the top, the bottom wasn't even bolted! My oldest child went to take a shower and the curtain rod fell down because the end had been broken off but stuck back up there anyway . Still I kept thinking I can deal with this. It turned into a rainy cold wked with temps dropping down into the low 50s and it wasn't until we returned to our rooms from dinner that we discovered the heat didn't work. As for the rest of the hotel, it was not very nice either. Housekeeping only changed trash and exchanged dirty towels for clean, people literally vomiting on stairs, and screaming from other rooms. There is only one elevator and it only goes up and on the third time using it it seamed to get stuck before reaching our floor so we didn't use it again. This is defiantly not a family hotel, perfect for spring breakers and partying maybe but that's it.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Jhnsnnkl
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First time here, didn't exactly expect it to be 'fancy luxury' hotel type.. It was affordable that's about it, I did expect it to be at least decent for my stay. & can I say it was the worst I have ever stayed in a hotel. Even a motel was better than this... Actually it felt like I was staying in a sketchy broke motel. The first thing I saw was a cockroach under my bed! That's right after their so called "cleaning".

"Free wifi"?-- I think not.
you would have to pay $10 if you wanted to use it in your room for the whole day.

I completely understand that the rooms are right by each other but goodness .. I can literally hear every single thing next door. Unfortunately for me, I also had the WORST & rudest neighbors. They were so loud that I had to make a complaint.. ( which I never had to do )

I guess like everyone else suggested if you really need a place to stay in that "hotel" ask for the top level rooms.

I would never everrrr stay in this place ever again... You might as well spend an extra $10-20 bucks to have a peaceful better stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 01ly
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi 01ly

Thanks for your review. After reading your review, it sounds as if you were on the first floor and that explains the pest you found in the room. While the first floor rooms are convenient with a private patio opening up directly to the beach, some guests leave the doors open allow for this type of thing to happen. We spray quite regularly to try and avoid these situations. In regards to the Wifi, we do offer free Wifi in the lobby area as well as access to a computer if you do not have a laptop or tablet with you and all free of charge. Because the building is older, it is not wired for Wifi, therefore there is service available to purchase from a third party. I hate to hear that your guest were a bother to you and hope that security or front desk had them settle down after your call. Unfortunately, that is something that we can not predict and handle in the best way possible when hearing complaints. If you would like to discuss and of the issues further, please give me a call directly.

Renee Reyer
Seahaven Beach Resorts, AGM
850-636-6550
reneereyer@seahavenbeach.com

Reviewed 14 April 2014

To get into the room you almost had to break down the door to get into the room. The room was dirty, to get to the other door to see beach you again had to break into the door to open. My husband and I got ready to lay down and there was no support to the mattress. A fat person must have slept there for many days prior since all we did was roll to the center. We were paid up for a second day, but between the noise in the night between the kids partying and not much sleep from a horrible mattress and room, we left a day early. Never stay at this place ever.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Susan H

Thank you for your review. I do appreciate your candor, we can not correct something we are unaware of. I am sorry that your stay was not what you had expected. It certainly sounds like we need to get into that particular hotel room and take care of some maintenance items and replace the mattress. Unfortunately, you stayed with us during Spring Break when the kids are sometimes loud and unruly. Spring Break, by no means, represents the atmosphere of our properties or the area the other 11 months of the year. If by chance, you change your mind and come back to the area, please call me directly so that we can prove to you your circumstance is not representative of our overall guest experiences.

Renee Reyer