“Unclean, nasty”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Montgomery, Alabama
“Unclean, nasty”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I booked five days at this hotel just because there weren't any rooms left anywhere else, and the first thing we noticed is it is very outdated, which wasn't a big deal. The only good thing was the bed. By the third night I wanted to LEAVE because my boyfriend killed at least six HUGE cockroaches just outside our door. It was infested!!! Overall it just wasn't for us. I would prefer a little bit cleaner place to stay on vacation.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank sallyunderwood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Our visit at Seahaven was wonderful, When we checked in Sherry was awesome, remember who we were from last year when we stayed. She was so helpful and friendly. Can't wait to visit again. She knew we needed extra blankets and pillows we didn't have to ask for them
Guest that were already checked in she knew them by name, for some this was there first visit. Very impressive!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location, amazing staff the service was genuinely perfect and very nice (Sherri is amazing) right on the beach with a nice view. our go to place every time, definitely would recommend to anybody looking to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is older and the beds are terrible. Our room was clean but that was about it. The towels and wash clothes we not much thicker than a paper towel and just as rough. The handle on the tub was falling off. The staff was very nice and they moved us to their nicer property which was much better but not beach front. I would suggest staying at the Origin at Seahaven if you can live without beach front. The price was great but remember you get what you pay for.

Stayed April 2014

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Bainbridge, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed there 4/2-4/3/2014. The staff was great and very helpful. The rooms overlook the beach with balconies. The hotel is older but has been somewhat updated and they do their best with what they have. They keep it clean and great beach access. Our first room was in the tower and during that time of year the A/C doesn't really work (swap cooler) and room was very hot. Maintenance was called twice and was very attentive to the issue but couldn't do anything for us. We also had some flooding at door, outside entrances, from washing down the stairs after the late night party. They changed our room from 2 bedroom with Kitchenette to 2 adjoining rooms- 3rd fl with kitchenette, very satisfied. We were there at the end of Spring Break for a family get away and Im sure they had been dealing with a lot for the previous 3 weeks. Don't recommend going during that time of year. Staff was very accommodating and helpful, thank you Sherry and Stephanie. We will stay there again on our next trip to the beach.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the tower, which happens to have the 2 room suites during the time of year that yo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon T
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have (3) words for this stay. I hated it!!!!! We battled the deluge of water and the temperature dipping in the low 50's on April 18-20 to get there and when we did omg!!!! We had gotten something for dinner and were settling in to our room I turned on the heat. The room would not warm up and so we attempted to call the office to alert them we had no heat and could someone come to take a look at it and fix the problem. the phone in the room did not work!! Our private cellphone was used to call to the office. Spoke to staff about the problem and was informed someone would be there to fix it. Noone came that night to fix the heat, so I could not sleep because of my fibromyalgia. Next morning went down stairs to inquire about the issues the previous night. The work order was not put in for the repair. Went to breakfast came back and the unit was sitting outside the room. The problem was the heater core was not working. My family and I went through an entire night cold people!! I went to get an address or website to file a complaint. The first staff I had spoken to earlier was quite pleasant and acknowledged my issues. I went back to her to request the complaint information and ran into the Staff member fromhell!!!! This individual took over the pleasant conversation I was having with the other staff member and turned it into an infantile you say something I say something smarter!!! So I started at the top with this individual gave her the name of the staff for that night and it went to hell from there!!! She told me there was nobody by that name worked there! so I received a technical correction of that person's name. Did the person offer us blankets? No! Told this person called on private c/p because the room phone did not work. The hard and fast reply I was given was " dial 0 for the operator" Wow!!! How refreshing is it to find out one cannot read the words on an antiquated phone dial 0 for the operator!!! Really!!! The lighter that lit my candles on my cake was when this person said I will send someone to take a look at it. When I informed this individual the heat was fixed I was met with, " well why are you here?" i was livid!! I never wanted to be here in the first place. It was intention to stay @ Seahaven Resort ( enjoyed my stay there)and somehow arrangements were made for Hotel Hell! In defense of this individual we developed a tolerance for one another and I was given coupons for Sharky's. I left only to return back and be informed that I had been charged when I should not have been charged. Also to inform my son they were sorry for awaking him. He could not hear because the phone was out in the room! Duh! the error regarding overpayment was corrected. I am not a whiner nor a complainer, but this was the worst trip ever!!! I would never recommend this place.

Room Tip: Just don't go there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Venus1169
Eastman, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I often try not to look to deep into the reviews of hotels but I wish I had on this place. My family stayed here April 18-20 for weekend trip. We didn't expect a grand hotel for the rates we payed (around 140 per night for a two bedroom), but a decent clean room on the beach was all I was looking for after all we wouldn't be in the room much. I will never make that mistake again. The view was great but that was it! The balcony was literally held on by two tiny screws attached on the top, the bottom wasn't even bolted! My oldest child went to take a shower and the curtain rod fell down because the end had been broken off but stuck back up there anyway . Still I kept thinking I can deal with this. It turned into a rainy cold wked with temps dropping down into the low 50s and it wasn't until we returned to our rooms from dinner that we discovered the heat didn't work. As for the rest of the hotel, it was not very nice either. Housekeeping only changed trash and exchanged dirty towels for clean, people literally vomiting on stairs, and screaming from other rooms. There is only one elevator and it only goes up and on the third time using it it seamed to get stuck before reaching our floor so we didn't use it again. This is defiantly not a family hotel, perfect for spring breakers and partying maybe but that's it.

Stayed April 2014