“Old. Dirty. Musty. ”

Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Old. Dirty. Musty. ”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight while traveling through. Beach front view was beautiful. Staff was friendly. Best helper on site was Joe who helped us with our luggage. Difficult parking. We booked two room together but had to stay four floors apart. Needs updating. Looks like it hasn't been update in 30 years. Thin sheets. Dirty kitchen. Just felt like everything was musty and dirty.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tjgbrant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel needs some sprucing up...some paint, replace some cabinets, doors, etc..but the room was clean and RIGHT on the beach. Also, there is no Wi-Fi except in the office. Check in time is misleading. It says it starts at 4, but that isn't guaranteed. We didn't get our room until after 5. It is a noisy hotel, the doors are very loud and heavy, so at 3 am when they slam next door it sounds like a bomb is going off. Bottom line, if you are there to stay on the beach most of the day and out at nights, then its great for the price. It is not a room to hang out in. It was average. Maybe if they spruce it up, get the ice machines to work, get Wi-Fi in the rooms I would go back. But the location cant be beat

Room Tip: Location cant be beat
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank donnajoe820
Millington, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Sure, Seahaven isn't the Four Seasons. Anyone thinking they're going to get that kind of motel at the price Seahaven charges is crazy. Sure it's not the nicest place in Panama City Beach, but the issues I'm seeing are merely cosmetic because it's not a new hotel.

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable enough, the air conditioning worked, and it had a shower. (The air conditioner started making a funny noise, but maintenance fixed it within hours.)

The room has a kitchenette, which we really did not have much need of, but having a full-sized refrigerator was nice.

And no bugs. Period.

The best part: The balcony overlooking the beach, and being able to pretty much walk right out onto the beach from the room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank TCBVideo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I paid to bring my son and dgth to vacation at the beach w my 6 grandchildren I paid to have ajoining rooms and sherry at front desk rudely said we don't promise anything of course I called 2 days prior and a girl said yes your rooms will be ready. Housekeeping is terrible do not clean the rooms even if requested. All employees are rude and look down when passing. The only nice and helpful person is the security person named "Joe". He answered all our questions and very respectful. We have stayed at sea haven for 4 yrs and will not return. I paid over 2500.00 to stay in a dirty room and be disrespected. Sherry at the office I asked her if we would be compensated for all our troubles and she said "FOR WHAT" your getting your room. We had to switch rooms the next day to have our ajoining room. No one helped us move. We had went to Walmart and bought food. We also have two 18 months old babies and had to move everything by ourselves. Plus it was Father's Day when we moved. I checked over 6 times to see if the ajoining room was ready cause the promise to call when ready and of course did not. I want a refund. I bought cleaning suppose and scrubbed the tile myself. What a lousy vacation stay. Thanks joe for all your help. The worse thing is the front desk gave another person a key to our room and he walked in like he should not knowing we were in the room and my dgth just got out of shower naked and this man walks in. This place has no communication. Plus, no phone in the room works. Please return our money Rhonda grant

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Rrgrantrn06

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Disgusting place to stay. Floors are filthy! My feet were black within minutes of taking off my shoes. Cracks in wall, stained sheets, broken door handle for bathroom, key card reader on front door wouldn't work so maintenance had to come just to let us in and fix the reader. Pool was cloudy, but beach area was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bblovesthebeach
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just finished our stay at Seahaven by the beach, and I must say, DO NOT be fooled by the bad reviews!!! Let me first say that I have NEVER in my life stayed in a hotel/motel based on price until this one. This was a spur of the moment trip we planned with a budget. I always stay in places that are nicer than most....not Ritz Carrolton...but Hilton, etc. I was scared out of my mind when I booked this place based on reviews and even closed my eyes upon entry of the room. Once I opened them, I found a very clean room, right on the beach. The bed slept good, flat screen tv, and beach front balcony. The only negative I have is the toilet paper holder needs upgraded...it was an older double aluminum one that made the toilet paper tear after about a sheet or 2. Other than that, it was great. I'm overly impressed with the customer service. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am, when check in wasn't until 3:00 pm. I thought we would just go by and see if the room was ready and much to my surprise, it was!!! The staff was great and never asked for any extra money for the early check in. If you want a place that it very reasonable on price, excellent service, right on the beach, no hassle, and accommodating...pick this place!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Josh E
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for the Ritz Carlton, this isn't it, but if your looking for a clean ocean front room with a friendly attentive staff for a good price, this is your place. As I write this I am sitting on the balcony of the second night of our stay watching the waves crash on the white beach. Last night it was the sunset. If you're accustom to Hyatt and Marriott then the room might not be to your liking. There is no 50" television or free breakfast, but in all seriousness, if your coming to the beach to watch television, then you should probably stay home. For the price you can't beat this place. I gave it a 3 star because I am a business traveller so I've seen the upside of hotel rooms. So I give the room grade average, amenities average and intangibles an A+ (right on the beach, all rooms ocean view).

Stayed June 2014