“Won't Stay There Again”

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
TN
“Won't Stay There Again”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

When we arrived at the resort, we were told that the room we booked was given away. Something about how booking (even though you pay at the time of booking) doesn't guarantee that particular room you request. I guess they tried to sort things over by giving us complimentary bar drinks. They ended up giving us a room on the 11th floor. The beachfront view was beautiful, but it was tight with a king sized bed in one section, two bunk beds in another. The toilet had a leak so we knew we couldn't stay in it. We went back downstairs to complain and to see if another room was available. This time we were on the 6th floor. Bigger room with two queens, sucky view. I doubt the hotel staff changed the bed sheets because what did I find on the sheets? Yay, someone's hair!

The only saving grace about this place was the beachfront access, the property grounds, the friendly staff and the complimentary shuttle to the parking lot to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SugaTn
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear SugaTn,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient beachfront access, resort property and our friendly team members. However, we’re so sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced during your stay by the issues you experienced with your room. Please accept our sincere apologizes as this is not the level of excellence we expect here at our resort and have forwarded your comment on to our Management Team. In regards to the room type, I'm not sure what type room was reserved but if you booked a standard room type (CSTN) then that room type is not allocated till check in depending on availability. If you choose to visit us again in the future our onsite reservations are always happy to help and assist with reservations in making sure you get booked for the particular room type you want, we want all our guests to have a comfortable and memorable vacation with us. We appreciate your visit and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope you’ll give our resort another try the next time you visit Panama City Beach.

Meagan M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Tifton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I did not book the room through the property. I thought I got a good deal over the internet. I will not mention the booking site because I do not think that would be fair to them. When I checked in they man behind the desk asked me if I wanted floor 1, 2 or 3. I said I would like a floor higher up. He said no because of who I booked through. I chose 3 and said I hope I did not regret this vacation. I then asked if I could get a higher floor and they could charge me. He said the wasn't any other rooms. Even though I got a good deal it was still expensive. When I entered my room my shoes stuck to the floor. I went to the balcony and there was clothing hanging in the palm tree. The white plastic chairs where black from many years of people sitting in them. I could not ever wipe the black off. I own a timeshare so I had brought some supplies with me and I wiped the floor down and the paper towels were black. I then had to use the bathroom and the toilet would not flush. I called the front desk and maint. came to fix the toilet. They could not fix it so the moved me to the 12th floor. Beautiful! No rooms to move to but yes we have a another room for you. The view amazing! As everyone has said. The rooms not so good. The mattress was like one I used to have when I owned my first place and could not afford a good mattress. Very lumpy. Will I return maybe. Just because of the grounds and view. They really need to upgrade the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank herrop
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear herrop,

Thank you for sharing with us on TripAdvisor about your stay with us this past September. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our grounds and amazing beach view. However, it was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues that you experienced during your stay. We have forwarded your comments to the Assistant General Manager and the General Manager of our resort. We take all reviews, negative and positive, very seriously and thank you for your feedback. We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to the beach so we can show you everything our resort truly has to offer.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here with family on the way to a beach wedding in Florida. Excellent price, great views off of the balcony in every room, and the hotel staff let us check in early. The pool area was beautiful, but we were disappointed that it seemed to close early each night. The breakfast buffet was delicious and featured all kinds of options. Parking was easy enough, though you have to park across a street and walk under a hotel-owned tunnel back to the hotel. The hotel is situated away from the busiest parts of Panama City Beach, but is a great location for a quite stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Timothy N,

We’re so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this past February, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful beach views, relaxing heated pool, delicious breakfast at our restaurant, and great location! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Panama City Beach!

louisville
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent a week at this hotel and tried to find something to complain about. Found 2 things the pool deck gets very hot for feet and they need some kind of cooling zone before someone gets hurt trying to get from one shaded area to another by running. The second thing was the managers walking around the pool deck in hot black pants and shirts, I'm on vacation and just watching them in those hot apparel makes me hot. The staff of this hotel have got everything else right. You do not have to leave the hotel for anything. Food in good, entertainment is good, property is landscaped very tropical. The managers are accessible if you have a problem you say something to them and they will get it corrected.

When we arrived I thought parking would be a problem but they have parking across the street and easy access as well as shuttle back and forth.

Plenty of luggage carts and managers there to see that your arrival goes smooth
Rooms are clean but dated. The carpet has been replaced with wood laminate flooring in 95% of the room but there is a small part that has carpet that needs to be replaced.

Pool area is very well kept. Clean and plenty of chairs available. Other then the cool deck which in the hot sun is not cool there is nothing that you can complain about. Music is not overbearing that you can't have conversations with people around you and security is always nearby if people start getting a little out of control.

This might be the best place in Panama City Beach. On the beach, clean, pools, kids activities food entertainment sights and you get an air show everyday from the Air Force base.

Also every manager must have a competition to see how many business cards they can hand out. I must have brought home 50 cards from the managers at the hotel.

Room Tip: See what specials they have and if you have a complaint tell the managers they are wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shangri_la_Seeker
Dear Shangri_la_Seeker,

Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay! We are so delighted to know that you enjoyed your week long vacation with us at the beach from our tropical landscaping, good food, fun entertainment, clean rooms, to our friendly and accommodating resort managers. We're glad you like our flooring in the guest rooms, the carpet surrounding the bed area was replaced over the past couple years and is there to help keep our sugar white sand that gets tracked in from the beach from getting in the beds. Your right the pool decks can get hot here in the Florida sunshine so it's always good to wear flip flops or sandals while walking around. Again, thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the beach.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary and were extremely pleased with our stay. The hotel has a Polynesian flare to it. There are palm trees and beautiful flowers all over the property. Absolutely gorgeous! Our room has a wonderful view. In fact it looked like all the rooms had great views. Of course the higher floors had better views of the gulf just by virtue of not being blocked by trees. The pool area had wonderful activities pretty much all day long, the gulf is just beautiful - you can't go wrong! We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Higher levels have better view of the gulf
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Karin Y,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you had a great Anniversary trip with us and enjoyed our beautiful tropical paradise. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you back as our guests again soon!

Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I and my husband shared a great experience at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach for 4 nights. The hotel staffs were extremely pleasant and friendly, we felt welcomed like home. My room was not so special as we expected, simple facilities with not too much attractive design. However, the chamber was convenient and comfortable with free wifi, LCD tivi and good air conditioner. The view from private balcony was absolutely fantastic. The moment I enjoyed the sunrise from the horizon was so precious and priceless. I really love it. The outdoor swimming pool was also big and fabulous, but too crowded.

• Stayed November 2013
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear ggodoa,

Thank you for staying with us all the way from France this past November; we truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. It’s wonderful to hear that you and your husband shared a great experience and felt welcome right from the start with our friendly team members. We’re so glad you were able to enjoy so much of what our resort has to offer with our large lagoon pool, comfortable accommodations, and fantastic views! We agree the sunrise over our beautiful beaches is precious and priceless. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guests again on your next visit to Panama City Beach!

Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent resort in northwest Florida. The staff was the friendliest ever and extremely efficient. Morning breakfast is excellent and fairly priced. We could not get over how friendly the staff was (starting with Elizabeth at the front desk) to everyone else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank geno41
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear geno41,

Thank you so much for all your wonderful words and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are so grateful to have such an amazing team and appreciate you taking the time to complement them! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed a delicious breakfast in our onsite restaurant! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to seeing you again soon!