“Family Fun on the Beach”

Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place was a lot of fun. I wish we had been able to extend our stay, but our schedule didn't allow it. They have a great view of the beach with little decks for the rooms so we could hang our suits out to dry. There's a lazy river pool and there's a splash area that's covered for the tiny ones. Couple of hot tubs and a little indoor pool as well. Lots of activities (organized and other) for the kids to keep them from being too bored. Great breakfast buffet. Lots of TVs everywhere to entertain the kids. I opted for the free breakfast option when I booked. There seemed to be some confusion with a few of the wait staff, so I ended up paying for one or two breakfasts, but the kids wanted to get to the beach, so I didn't make an issue of it. We had dinner once and it was nice. The room had a fridge and microwave, so we ended up having a meal or two in the room. I found the room to be very clean. Each staff person we encountered was very helpful and smiled warmly. Our first night there, I heard a lot of noise in the hallway, but think it was older kids and from the lack of sounds after that first night, they must have checked out. I had called to inform the front desk we were going to be very late, and I was remembered by another staffer who wasn't assisting me. I even received a recommendation for window replacement for the window that was destroyed on our way there. Parking is a bit of an issue, I had hoped for a garage until I could get the window replaced, but there was no storm and the garbage bags held until our Monday appointment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear memyselfandirene2013,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor, we’re so glad you and the family enjoyed your recent stay with us! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms with great beach views, lagoon pool and Aqualand Water Playground, and all our fun activities and entertainment! Our Resort Team works hard to ensure that our guests have a great vacation with us, we’re so glad that you enjoyed the superior service that we strive to provide here! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you back as our guests again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very nice, clean, spacious and have a great beachy feel. The view from our 11th floor balcony was spectacular! The pools, hot tub, splash park and grounds in general were superbly maintained. We had an awesome time on the beach. It wasn't too crowded, there wasn't a lot of seaweed littering the beach and the waves were awesome! This resort provides on site entertainment. We enjoyed the nightly movies by the pool and the karaoke. Children under 12 eat all meals free even at the pool grill. We would definitely recommend this resort and stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear carlapettis,

We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed a wonderful vacation with us, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We love to hear about guests taking advantage of all that our resort has to offer from our clean and comfortable accommodations, breathtaking views, fun family entertainment and activities, and all our great amenities! We work hard every day to provide you with the most memorable vacation and we are happy that we exceeded in making your stay so successful. We hope to see you on the World's Most Beautiful Beaches again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went as a group for the girls to play in the 10U World series. The workers at the hotel were all very helpful and accomodating. Very clean, family friendly . Free entertainment every night.parking is only issue we had. They do have a shuttle to take to vehicles . But only 1 need more .. overall Fantastic experience

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank jchopper13

Dear jchopper13,

Thank you for such a great review, we’re so glad you and the girls enjoyed your recent stay with us! We love to hear about guests taking advantage of all that our resort has to offer – clean and comfortable accommodations, family entertainment, and excellent service delivered by our resort team members! We thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort and we look forward to seeing you again on the World's Most Beautiful Beaches!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location was perfect and my young kids loved the splash pad and pool. The room was very average and not the cleanest and the restaurant was not very good at all! Not worth the price in my opinion.

Dear Melissa S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our perfect beachfront location and that the kids had fun at our Aqualand Water Playground. However, we’re so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy our guest rooms and restaurant. We take these reviews very seriously and will be sharing your comments with our Management Team. We thank you for your feedback and hope you’ll give our resort another try the next time you visit Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel offers evreything! The restaraunt was quality ... Try the seafood buffet !
Lots of entertainment !!!
Kids eat free!!
The location on the beach was great ... Lots of restaurants close by ..
Great place to stay for families !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nadia N

Dear Nadia N,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! It’s great to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy all the amenities, entertainment, and dining our resort has to offer as well as the great service our Resort Team Members provide. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort, we can’t wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Resort for years and years and years and they never let me down. They are constantly doing something to make your vacation memorable. I just got back a few days ago and it was so hard to leave. They have done all different kinds of things in the past, but this time they were cooking ribeye steaks (cooked the way you like) and selling around the bar area outside. They gave out free cake, watermelon, punch while we were there. The Polynesan Dance & Fire show was absolutely amazing, it used to just be lighting the torches, but now the girls are dancing the the guy is doing all kinds of things with fire. I just don't know of any other hotel or any place down there that has the kind of entertainment this place does. I'm not sure, but I think I have stayed there for the past 19 years. I just cannot stay anywhere else. I have to be honest and say that the rooms aren't fabulous, but who stays in the room with that much to do right on the property. The breakfast buffet was phenomenol. There were 7 of us and we just couldn't stop talking about it. I never even made it to the omelet and waffle chef because I was too full from all the other delicious fresh food. The water pressure was fantastic, I could wash my hair in just a second. I have stayed so many places that I couldn't even get the soap out of my hair. Also, I just wanted to say that a manager named Michael who had just been promoted to manager just went out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. They knew what they were doing when they promoted him. Also, I don't know the girls name (didn't speak english real well) that cleaned our room on the 5th floor, but she was extremely nice and helpful. One thing I really wish that Holiday Inn would get back is the agreement they used to have with Captain Anderson's restaurant where you could go right in and be seated (not have to wait). That used to be amazing. Can't say enough good things about it. Hope to stay the next 19 years.

Room Tip: I like the 5th or 6th floor, you can see the ocean over the palm trees and you don't have to rid...
2  Thank Kam W
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Kam W,

Wow what a great review, thank you for taking the time to share about all your wonderful experiences with us over the years! We’re so glad you and the family had another awesome vacation and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed all the fun family activities, entertainment, delicious food, and endless amenities we offer here at the resort. Our friendly and talented Resort Team Members strive to provide a superior level of service that truly enhances our guests’ vacation experience, and we greatly appreciate the compliments you gave our team. We look forward to having you as our guests again for many more years to come. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort, Panama City Beach as your family vacation destination!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I don't love PCB. I would pretty much rather go to any other Gulf beach; however, my family recently stayed at this resort over the July 4th holiday. Wow! We had a phenomenal experience. My son is only 18 months old, so he loved the waterpark. It was perfect for a small toddler. He spent hours playing, and we didn't have to worry about him drowning in the kiddie pool. The resort provides plenty of chairs around the pool area and on the beach (with umbrellas). The breakfast in The View restaurant on site was fantastic. I highly recommend adding breakfast to your advance purchase. It is well worth it and can even prevent you from having to buy lunch. The drinks at the pool bar were inexpensive and good. The rooms were very clean and very large. Even with a crib added to our 2 queen bed room, we still had plenty of room to move around. I also really appreciate that they have plenty of storage in the rooms (a full dresser, a large open cabinet, and a credenza). We were able to spread out and not feel cluttered. We liked it so much that we're going back in September.

Room Tip: The hallways for this hotel are on the roadside, so every room technically has a beach view. However...
3  Thank Kelly C

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for such a great review, we’re so glad you and the family enjoyed your stay with us over the July 4th holiday! We take great pride in being the beach’s #1 family resort and are pleased to hear that your family was able to relax comfortably in our guest rooms, and that you enjoyed our kids’ Aqualand water playground, and a delicious breakfast in TheView Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the World’s Most Beautiful Beaches this September, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort as your family vacation destination!