“Kids Loved It!!”

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Tallahassee, Florida
“Kids Loved It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

First when we arrived we had issues with parking (its ok to park near the lobby to unload the car, we were not told this and asked to moved)... Second are card key didnt work.. Check in was crazy. But thanks to Tom the secuity guy it went ok. Supe nice (Also the guy dressed as a pirate).. Got to our room and saw the veiw of the ocean though the palm trees and the kids saw the pool I began to relax (Second Floor) .My Kids had the best time ever. Some resorts you stay at it feels like all they want is every single penny from you... not this resort. 8 dollars I got 10 chicken wings with fries.. they are big and so good (Me and Husband went though 60 wings during our stay. Kids loved the 10 pizza (lots of cheese).I could write lots more. We will be back! Staff was great and very helpful.

Room Tip: Loved the 2nd Floor.
1 Thank NikkiTally
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear NikkiTally,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor. We are so sorry to hear that your vacation got off to a bad start, but happy to know that Tom and Ronald were able to turn that around for you and that you were quickly able to enjoy a wonderful relaxing vacation and take in our beautiful beach views. We are also happy to hear that the kids had a great time and that the family enjoyed all our delicious dining options. We look forward to welcoming you back to the beach, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.

Meagan M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (777)
Douglas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I would like to take the opportunity to complement the staff and management at Holiday Inn Resort, Panama City Beach, FL.
My family and I have had the opportunity to stay at this resort several times in the last few months. Of all of the hotels that I and my family have had the opportunity to visit this is undoubtedly the best that we have ever stayed at!
I cannot begin to complement all of the fine people that make our stay enjoyable. All of the staff go out of their way to say “welcome” and greet us as we enjoy the amenities of this fine resort.
I would especially like to complement Mr. Nelson Matos and Mr. Mark McCraney. These gentlemen are undoubtedly the driving force in running a fine resort. Both of these fine men take the time to personally speak with you and make you feel like you are not only a guest but a member of the family. You do not find many people like this in today’s environment.
In my busy schedule it is refreshing to get away with the family for a few days and relax and enjoy a place like this. We enjoy coming here so much that we schedule two or three days each month just to relax and enjoy the resort.
One thing that we especially enjoy is the entertainment, in particular the Vegas Style Variety Show with Todd Herrendeen. His show is one of the best that we have ever seen and we hope that he will continue to entertain us and many others in the future.
We will continue to make Holiday Inn Resort, Panama City Beach our top place to visit and enjoy.

Room Tip: All of the room have a great view of the beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Ronald W W,

First of all, let us thank you for writing such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing us as your family vacation destination! We are very blessed to have such a great team and thank you so much for recognizing and complementing them; Nelson, Mark, and our resort team strive to provide excellent service and make sure you have the most memorable vacation and we are very happy to hear that we are meeting that goal. We’re also glad you and the family had another awesome vacation and enjoyed all the fun family entertainment, especially the Todd Allen Herendeen Show! Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort, we can’t wait to see you again next month for another relaxing and fun family beach vacation!

Spring
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

location is good...less crowded than in front of all the condos...good restaurants near by...lots of water gets tracked into the lobby...glad they had fans everywhere...$50 to rent 2 beach chairs and an umbrella

Room Tip: Air conditioner runs loud and goes on and off all night
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Xpick7
Dear Xpick7,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our great location and nearby restaurants. However, we are sorry to hear that you feel our beach chair rentals are overpriced. We do offer great packages that include beach chairs so you might want to check these out before your next visit to the beach. We hope to have you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have been staying here at least once & sometimes 2 times a year since or youngest was 3, 19 years ago. Always a stop over on the way home from vacation every year for a few days. We have seen this Hotel go from OK to Awesome and back several times but this (Our last time) really go to just OK- again.

As I have read in a few recent Reviews this is Now DEFINITELY A Family Hotel ONLY!! Alot for the Kids to do from DJ Dancing, Movie Nights, Great Kiddie Pool area and more not to mention the Beach.

Hotel Rules are NOT Enforced to insure every guest is comfortable. 80%+ of the Guests do NOT follow rules (especially in Pool area) even when the sign is Literally right in front of thier face ( I mean it should have been able to smack them in the face). Kids are everywhere and unsupervised by their parents doing anything they want (part of the 80%).

Rooms are definitely becoming outdated and in need of more regular Maintainence. There are dedicated Smoking Floors Only and Non-Smoking Floors but that means nothing!!

There are many Restaurants across the Street that will save you alot of $$$ versus eating at the overpriced and mediocre Restaurant at the Hotel. The Pool Grill is what it is. The TIKI Bar we hear is due for upgrade this winter (too late for us) (No Draft Beer for me) and is over priced for ALL drinks. Go to the Pool Store and buy your Drinks (ALL) there and save big $$$!! The Sunset Lounge is OK but still over priced and atmosphere is off?

Room prices are ridiculous and when you add in the Resort Fee (just last few years) makes it even more insulting ( this is NOT Vegas). Being a Platinum Elite for years we would always receive alot of extra perks. At least 2 FREE drinks per day. Used to have what was called beach bucks to use anywhere on the property to purchase stuff but no more. So you pay more than ever and get less!!!!

The Staff is awesome as always but we have noticed less Staff everywhere than in past years.

Didn't do it this year but if you want to go hang at the Beach for the day go buy 2 Chairs & and an Umbrella across the street for 1/2 of what you will pay for renting them for the day and you will own them for future use.

As the Title of this review states after 19 years our Love for this Hotel is over!!

We are very saddened but everything changes.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same. Most 2 queens ALL Ocean Front view. 1st floor is for those that have B...
5 Thank goldwingrider2005
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear goldwingrider2005,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor and thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member. We are deeply saddened to hear that after so many years and great vacations that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. As you mentioned you have been coming to visit us since your youngest was 3 and we hope that you made many wonderful family memories together here. We are the beaches #1 Family resort and take great pride in that, you are correct that during our busy Summer season there is a lot of energy and excitement around the resort with lots of scheduled activities and entertainment, during the late fall season our entertainment schedule shifts to a much more relaxed variety to best suite the majority of our guests needs during that time. We try our best to offer something for everyone to enjoy because we want everyone to have a memorable vacation with us, maybe since your family is now grown the fall would be a great time to visit. Our guests’ opinions matter to us a great deal and we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations so we want to thank you for your feedback concerning our guest rooms, restaurants, and lounge; I have forwarded your comments and suggestions on to our General Manager and Management Team. A resort fee does apply at our resort and this is what helps us to provide the poolside DJ, live music, all the entertainment shows and activities, carts to the parking lot, heated pools, and a variety of other resort amenities. We greatly value our IHG Rewards Members and we used to have the option as to how we could reward our IHG Rewards guests; however, IHG created a unified perks program which unfortunately limited what we can do to only 3 options that all holiday inns must follow. We are very happy that over the years our resort team members have been awesome, we strive every day to provide our guests with the best service and we thank you for complimenting them. Again, we are deeply saddened that after 19 years we might not have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort, but we truly hope that we do for many more years to come.

Ft. Lost in the Woods MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

It won't allow me to give 3.5 stars, so I'll just give 3.
First the good. The movie night is great. My children thoroughly enjoyed it. You can sit on your balcony and watch and hear most of the movies. The beach is nice and a very very short walk. The option of having 4 bunk beds for our 4 kids was great. The hotel is close enough to other attractions and honestly we were just there for the beach, so we didn't leave much. The rooms were nice, fairly clean, obviously there was a lot of sand being brought in, but that's to be expected.
The bad. There was a lot if drinking going on. A LOT! Like spring break kind of partying and drinking, despite it being the first week of June. These young kids were loud and rowdy and rude. Management did very little to control them.
While on the beach, in front of their hotel, my son stepped on a beer bottle that had been broken and partially buried in the sand. We were very lucky that he did not cut his foot very deep, it just broke the surface. I complained to the life guard near by, and he said that there was no way to prove that the bottle came from the hotel bar. True, you can't, but why not just have a sign that says no alcohol on the beach! Spring break is one thing, this was not spring break! This was a family vacation with my young children. Drinking and water do not mix. Better to be safe then sorry.
One man had to be asked to put his pants back on because he was walking around in a pair of bikini underwear. He just stripped right on the beach. Thank God my young daughters were to busy building a sand castle to pay attention to the drunk man a few chairs down.
The ok. The restaurant is not to bad, but it's over priced. Very overpriced. It would be nice if they offered a free breakfast buffet with the price of the hotel. This is a huge selling point with young kids.
Overall, it's a nice hotel for family's, I just think they need to control the drinking college kids.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mommatofour
phcolvin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear mommatofour,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share about your June visit on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful beach and our great location to local attractions, our fun family friendly activities and entertainment, as well as our family suite with the bunk beds. However, we are saddened to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the actions of other guests; we do not condone or tolerate that type of behavior as you witnessed and are truly sorry that you experienced that. We are the beaches #1 family resort and take great pride in providing a fun family atmosphere for our guests. We are happy to know that your son is ok, the beach is public and although drinking is allowed on the beach glass bottles are not permitted. Our team rakes the beach behind the resort every evening in an effort to keep it clean and enjoyable for our guests. We thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort and hope to have you as our guests again in the future.

Haines City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a hotel for family, especially kids. When I booked the hotel I wanted on the ocean, room service, spa, bar and restaurant. The hotel checked all the blocks. However I must of missed the advertisement of Kids everywhere.... They have movie night for the kids, hey what about us adults. The Tiki bar was lame, I ordered a soda and each night the bartender couldn't get the carbonation correct. So I brought my own. The Spa, I wanted a massage, played phone tag with the girl. Finally got her on the phone, she informed me that they are not there all the time. I told her the next day would be fine. She then asked me for a credit card number over the phone, this is to reserve the appointment and half would be kept if I am a no show. This is the first I have heard of a hotel spa doing this, I asked her why can't you charge my room. She said they are not part of the hotel. ( If you look at all the advertising it appears they are, very misleading.) I told her I do not feel comfortable giving my credit card number over the phone to someone I don't know. She could not hold the reservation then. Try tomorrow and see if the appointment is still open. I went to discuss this with guest services, I was told they are a vendor and have no control over what they do. I asked then why do you mislead us by advertising the spa. I got the deer in the head light look. No massage for me.
The rooms were very clean, nice view from the balcony. My bed was not comfortable at all, could have used a mattress pad to soften it up.
Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DebbieD518
Dear DebbieD518,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a memorable vacation for everyone. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been due to our busy summer season. We are the beaches #1 family resort and provide a wide array of family activities and entertainment, and during the high season it is a very energetic schedule. During the late fall season our entertainment schedule shifts to a much more relaxed variety to best suite the majority of our guests needs during that time. We apologize for your experience with the onsite spa, this is not the kind of experience we want our guests to have and we will be addressing this matter with our General Manager as well as the spa manager. Even though they are a separate vendor they are still located on our resort property and servicing our guests, therefore they need to provide the superior level of service that we expect here. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and beautiful views, as well as our friendly and helpful resort team. We do hope that you’ll give our resort another try perhaps at a different time of year so you can see just how much our resort has to offer and the level of service we expect here.
Kindly,
Chico, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Room is very motel-like. The walls are stucco, floors are dirty. House keeping did not clean the floor well before or during our stay. People check in at all hours of night and are VERY noisy on their balconies. Pool is pretty, but dirty-there was fruit at the bottom. The worst part was the smoking area that you have to pass on your way back and forth from the beach. They use "air freshener" pushed around by giant fans to mask the smoke smell.It was so strong and awful it gave me a headache. Food at pool side grill was really bad. We returned our "pizza" because it was totally under cooked. Other choices are equally unhealthy and nasty. There are some positives:Fun atmosphere for kids: neat splash park that even big kids enjoy, palm trees, large hot tub, free movies by the pool at night, free magic show, easy beach access, friendly staff, comfortable beds. Overall: expected more for the price we paid. We just missed the off season prices...too bad for us.

1 Thank mightytitus
Dear mightytitus,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the great amenities our hotel has to offer, like the fun family friendly activities and entertainment, dive-inn movies, Aqualand water playground, comfortable beds, large hot tub, and of course our friendly staff! However, we are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your whole experience at our resort. Please allow us to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you had with your room accommodations, dining, designated smoking area, and noise level from other guests .What you described certainly does not portray the level of excellence we strive for here. We will be passing along your comments to our General Manager as well as to the team. We do hope that you’ll give our resort another try in the future, but if not, we hope you’ll still come back to Panama City Beach to enjoy the great beaches our area has to offer.
Kindly,