“Excellent hotel and spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club

The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wrightington
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel and spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Wrightington Hotel & Country Club last Saturday 28th June 2014 for a function.

When we got there it was a pleasant surprise. The staff are lovely friendly and efficient.
The hotel is spotless, spacious and well organised.

We had an Executive double room. I really liked the room it had a large queen sized bed, with good quality soft white sheets and Duvet, plus an elegant throw over the end of the bed. On the bed was two pillows each and two nice coordinating cushions. I like lots of pillows and found an extra two in the cupboard /walk in wardrobe so I was delighted. Also there in the cupboard was a ironing board and full size iron which would have been useful if I stayed longer. There is plenty of space to hang cloths up. Outside the wardrobe there is a space to change and a full length mirror to the side of wardrobe just in front, then opposite the wardrobe is the drink making area it has a chest height shelf and a big mirror behind well lit. They supply little pots of milk, Tea and Nescafe coffee I think there was a decaf version too. Plus nice shortbread biscuits and a travel kettle and two mugs there is a set of draws underneath and a waste basket. This area is very well lit and I liked there to put my makeup on being two mirrors and well lit and my husband could shower in peace.

The room had a lovely mahogany dressing table and mirror with draws; there are bedside cabinets again with draws and really nice lamps either side of the bed plus the dressing table. They had a large flat screen TV and had free view and some satellite so I managed to watch the Karate kid while resting before the function.

The Bathroom is medium size a nice shower quite powerful. Toilet and basin tap comes down low looks nice but an art to fill the kettle but the only slight negative thing. The light is fairly good and a nice large mirror and shelf for bits and bobs we did get some complimentary shower gel which was nice.

We had room 140 which was ground floor near the stairs but was very quiet and I would have that room again it looks out to nice courtyard manicured gardens. No nets on windows but plenty of places to change or you can close curtains. Balcony is on a Juliet type about 4 inches but looked nice and you can open the doors. This room has air conditioner nice on a warm day.

Our function was fabulous the food was a set menu but it was good quality and very tasty. I had a Barrel of Melon with a summer fruit compote and raspberry coulis. Topped with a passion fruit sorbet/ ice cream it was to die for. My main meal was Rack of Lamb with a herb crust and parsnip mash and they also had roast potatoes, new potatoes, green beans, broccoli, carrots and gravy, this was cooked just right and was lovely I was worried about the parsnip mash but I can say I am a convert really gorgeous. Dessert was bread and butter pudding with vanilla custard this too was lovely not soggy but a nice texture and a lovely taste. We had merlot wine which was good quality and very nice, they also put lots of jugs of water and ice, and served Tea and coffee plus mints. I would definitely recommend my function dinner.

I had the self service breakfast the full English was available, I had Kellogg’s cornflakes, bacon and eggs plus the warm mini croissant and some jam and a nice pot of tea good quality and very nice.

I had a little look at the spa it looked good, pool is nice but did not actually use although I had a nice Latte in the spa coffee bar.

I have MS and the hotel really looked after me and dealt with my requests sympathetically and efficiently in a friendly manner so a huge thank you to the hotel staff and I hope to go again and use more facilities next time. Great place I was so impressed!

Room Tip: I like 140 Executive club room as I cannot walk up stairs and it has air conditioning plus it's...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wright_Hotel, Admin Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest. Thank you for your kind and positive comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Many thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
MIDLANDS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I find this hotel a good place to stay. It has good facilities, a reasonable price when booked with Laterooms. The leisure facilities are good. The dinner menu is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I tend to eat out at The Olive Garden (food is good but surroundings are dated and tired). Breakfast is a good buffet and therefore quick, if you want. The rooms are clean and a good size. Air conditioning is a little noisy, but doesn't bother me to much. Wish there was a power socket near the bed for my phone/ tablet, but these are minor points. I do find it good value compared with Premier Inn's, etc as this is a 'proper hotel' with pool, etc.

Room Tip: Executive rooms when available are only £10 more. I guess rooms on the first floor can be quieter th...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest. Thank you for your feedback and kind comments. Many thanks.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for my friends wedding. The wedding ceremony also took place here. Everything was brilliant, from the location just off the M6, the bedrooms, the wedding service, the reception and banqueting rooms. Wedding breakfast and evening buffet class. Sunday breakfast could be improved but i have no complaints. All in all, wonderfull stay.

Dear Guest. Thank you for your postivie feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Many thanks.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed for just 2 nights during the week. Very reasonable price for a pleasant double room. The room was really well laid out with a handy area for making tea and a great closet. The windows open - another reviewer commented on this - it is a treat to have fresh air, especially on a warm June evening. I was a little concerned about privacy. I could see straight into the rooms opposite and did wonder if they could see me so - be careful. Ate in Bennett's restaurant. King Prawns and Caesar Salad - really lovely - not sure why you need traditional summer veg served on the side. Although the chips were superb. A lovely place, pleasant service and great value for money for a business trip.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Wright_Hotel, Admin Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Spent the night here after my sisters wedding last weekend and was sorely disappointed with the service provided for what is supposedly a 4 star hotel. The taxis we had booked to bring those staying at the Wrightington back failed to turn up leaving the guests stranded at the venue 10 minutes away. It soon became clear that there was no taxis that would come out so I asked the hotel if there was anyway they could send someone. Although the Night Porter did offer he was not allowed to leave the venue and the receptionist did check with a manager (who did not come out) the hotel left us to sort out getting people back.
This you might think is unfortunate but not the hotels problem however my experience of other more well known four star hotels suggests that they would have gone the extra mile to ensure that guests could get back to the hotel and where safe; needles to say the bride was most upset.
Having offered to wait up in place of the bride I made the mistake of asking the hotel for a drink from the bar; only to be told that this was not possible as there was another wedding on, again this is not what I would expect in terms of service from a 4 Star hotel. Luckily the guest's managed to get back on there own and the last two guests checked in... Well actually this was also a disaster as it took a while for the hotel to find the rooms for two of the guests; one of whom who had to come back downstairs as there key did not work. Again not a massive problem, especially when compared to two of the other guests who's room was not ready. The night porter had to check to see if the room was clean (at 1.30 in the morning) and then they were woken up at 10 am by house keeping.
Breakfast was OK but again service was terrible. I had to find a waitress and ask for clean cutlery in order to sit with my Family and following this then had to go back again to ask for coffee.
Overall nothing that ruined the wedding but the service was terrible from start to finish.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Iain P
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked in for my friend's 50th birthday, on a special overnight package, the setting was beautiful, we had no complaints with the room but because it was a such a special occasion we upgraded to the Maddox suite and OMG it was just perfect.. it was luxurious and felt like a real treat staying there. The best thing about our stay however was the meal which I can only describe as outstanding and made this special occasion a real fabulous memory, so a huge thank you to the chef and restaurant staff. We wiould definately return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wright_Hotel, Admin Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and that the Maddox Suite had the WOW factor. Your comments regarding the food and Bennett's Restaurant are very kind and positive feedback is always pleasing to receive. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This a truly wonderful venue set in beautiful woodlands in Lancashire.

This is my second time that I have stayed. I honestly could not fault one thing at all. The staff are friendly, warm, and hospitable. The hotel is spotlessly clean. My family and I came along to celebrate my nephews 40th Birthday. The staff had provided our family with a private function room- beautifully set up.

I was proud to be part of what was a fabulous evening. The food was 1st class a lovely 3 course meal . My husband is still talking about his breakfast having been a butcher for 33 years "He knows quality meat"

I would have no hesitation what so-ever in highly recommending this hotel and would certainly grade it as 5 star. We look forward to returning soon.

A special thank you to all the staff who made our stay a memorable event- special thanks to both Helens without their expertise our stay would not have been as enjoyable. Best wishes Esther Ray Baker

Room Tip: Personally I prefer a room looking out at the front of the hotel . It is brighter for me as I just l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Puj2014
Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive and kind comments. It is very rewarding to receive exceptional praise with regard to the facilities and staff. We are pleased to hear your event was a success and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrightington
Macdonald Kilhey Court
Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel
BEST WESTERN Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lancashire Manor Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!