“Pretty good food...”

Brimstone Wood Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Brimstone Wood Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East of 75
New York City, New York
“Pretty good food...”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just went to Brimstone's for lunch and we liked the variety of dishes they served. They had great salads and sushi and a lot of great grilled dishes. They had really good fish as well. A great cocktail selection too...they even had my favorite: lychee martini. Pretty satisfied!

Visited August 2014

Coral Springs, Florida
“Interesting atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just went back to Brimstone as it was convenient to meet with friends coming from Miami and we were coming from Coral Springs. Its location made it good for all of us as it is close to the I-75 ramp in Pembroke Pines. They took a reservation ( always a positive) and honored it. Our group staggered in but they seated us right away. The service was excellent throughout and once again the food was good and served exactly as ordered. The prices are up, aren't they everywhere, but we enjoyed it and would go back.

Miami
“Perfection!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was browsing through tripadvisor.com on 7/26 looking for a nice last minute birthday meal for the hubby, came across Brimstone. I made the reservation literally in my car on the way to the restaurant. once inside we were seated less than 3 mins. the ambience is fantastic. I ordered the prime bone in rib eye, hubby had the mahi-mahi. both were a little "char" grilled on the ends as per our liking. the lychee martinis are to die for!!! this place is PERFECTION!!!!

1 Thank TeeMIA
Miami
“Great spot for a business lunch!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had the pleasure of dining at Brimstone on Tuesday. I was in town for business and decided to dine there for lunch. The ambience was great for a business lunch. I was greeted by a very nice hostess right when I walked in and immediately seated in a booth while I waited for the rest of my party. Right away a server came over to me and offered me a beverage while I was waiting. She was very nice. Once the rest of my group arrived, our server asked if we had ever dined at Brimstone before, we had not so she continued to introduce us to the menu, informed us of the specials for the day and even told us that the dinner menu was available also. We went with her suggestions for appetizers: tuna tartar and ceviche. Could not go wrong with either! Food was great. For entrees I went with their fish of the day, which was halibut, it was delicious.The others at the table went with the skirt steak and the ahi tuna salad. They were very satisfied with their entrees as well. Our server asked if we cared for dessert or any coffee but we were too full! Portion sizes were very generous. Would definitely dine here again for lunch or perhaps bring a date for a dinner. Overall great lunch, great service, great food, would recommend to anyone.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“TERRIBLE FOOD WITH SUB PAR SERVICE AT BLANDSTONE”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went during lunch on a Saturday and the restaurant was empty. We were the only ones there. We should have known what that meant and ate somewhere else.

The service for the price was definitely sub par as we had to ask several times for several things.

The food was even worse.

They don't use any kind of seasoning on any of the food, not even garlic, salt or pepper. Also the salt and pepper on the table is what you find in McDonalds, come on for this price they should have quality items on the table.

Spinach and artichoke
It was one of the worst we have ever tasted. Could not taste the spinach, artichoke or cheese. It was so bland.

She crab bisque
Could not tell what was minced into the soup, but it didn't taste like crab, it tasted like fish. Not what was expected. A big disappointment.

Spicy tuna sushi
The tuna in the spicy tuna sushi was so small and bland, we could not tell what we were eating.

BBQ pork sandwich
The sandwich was huge, but was all bread. The sandwich had no taste at all. The fries were good.

Brunch flat bread
Could not taste the egg or ham. Could not tell what we were eating.

Bbq chicken flat bread
Tasted like toasted bread with bland cheese. Could not taste the chicken or sauce.

Steak Benedict
Another disappointing dish. The steak and egg were bland with no seasoning.

If you took all the food and put them together it would taste the same as any of the dishes above. None of the dishes had any taste or flavor that even distinguished them from each other or tell you what you are eating.

They should rename the restaurant Blandstone as none of the food had any taste or flavor.

• Visited June 2014