“Très Bon”

Description: west pembroke pines, fl 33029
Miami, FL
“Très Bon”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We loved discovering a bona fide French restaurant in a strip-mall laden, suburban American city. Of course, to enjoy this gem, one must immediately forgive the cringe-worthy location in its horrid architectural conglomeration of an office building. To be fair, that is the only kind of location available in this section of the city. Then one must immediately squint one's eyes as interior atmosphere is decidedly comme ci comme ça. The decor (I believe unwittingly) spoke the word " inélégant " with its black-stenciled cut-outs of Parisian architecture circling the walls overhead with the word "Paris" interspersed -- just in case we forgot that we were in a French restaurant. Ouch! However, if you slip inside and decide not to look up, the candles did glow on tables draped in cloth with cloth napkins. The French music wafting through added to the ambient lighting made for a romantic dinner.

So forget the atmosphere and enjoy the Parisian experience. Our waiter with the authentic accent and attitude -- très magnifique! I am sure it took years of experience to find that balance between gruffness and tact, especially when we provoked him by asking him if he was from Paris when he is actually from Nice. I am sure we were not the first Americans to ask him that. But to be fair, he works in a restaurant called Cook' n Paris. All in all, we were served quite well, and he almost convinced us to break our budget and order the excruciatingly scrumptious sounding specials, but we held out.

The pistachio crusted brie appetizer was outrageous. Whoever thought to do that to brie is a genius. I imagine that this recipe is not original to Cook'n Paris, but still... We enjoyed a pork and chicken dish -- nothing spectacular but very nice and tasted authentic. Serves us right for not ordering the specials, right?! The raspberry mousse was fantastique as well. The dessert tray was just overladen with choices. It is still beckoning me to return to Paris, but since we are on a budget these days, Cook'n Paris is a fine temporary alternative. We will be back -- perhaps on a birthday or anniversary when we can splurge for a special.

The specials were approx $28 for an entree; but approx $15-25 on the regular menu.

• Visited September 2013

Aventura, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quaint, small, friendly, french, very good”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Its not easy to see from the road, but once you find it, its a little wonderful find. It looks like a little european bistro inside, its friendly, it has wonderful food, great french servers. Try the salmon and the brie!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Authentic French cuisine near Weston”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We have an important French tradition in my family because both my grandmothers were born in France. Thus, everywhere we travel we look for French restaurants. We have tried many,many restaurants of this kind in the Miami area, and we all agree that this one is the best and most traditional.
We were there for dinner last night. It is true that the place is quite simple, no fancy decorations, it feels more like an office. But the atmosphere is nice, the people were well dressed, the waiters (father and son) were adorable. The service was very quick. The food was amazing yet very simple and very sincere. The round potato fries were totally reminiscent of my childhood vacations in France.
The broccoli gratin and the quiche were heaven.
I had the escargots (excellent) and the duck in orange sauce, which was wonderful.
The only dish I did not love were the profiteroles, the choux were not freshly made and the chocolate sauce was bland. I would go more for a creme brûlée or one of the multiple mousses next time.
I would recommend this place for people with babies/young kids since it is unpretentious and has ample room. We brought my 2 year old and it worked out fine since the service was so quick.
We paid about $65 per person.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Authentic French Cuisine”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Easily missed because it's in a nondescript office/strip center is this wonderful French restaurant. The owner, French of course, has created a wonderful little bistro with all meats and several fish entrees. We started with the pistachio crusted brie which was complimented with a drizzle of raspberry sauce...excellent. Only large enough for 2 and a bit too expensive, $9.00, for the size, but delicious. The Restaurant.com coupon helped defray the cost. Between the 4 of us we had 3 different entrees. The citron chicken and pork filet mignon was delicious. Two of us had the duck breast special of the evening. I found it to be a bit dry and I thought at first it was beef rather than duck until I examined the skin that was included. My companion and I both thought it to be rather tasteless when it came to tasting like duck. Ask the waiter for the pricing if you go for the specials, they don't reveal it until you get the bill.
The wine list is ample and the desserts looked great, but being on diets we chose to opt out. We were hoping to take some fresh baked breads home but they have closed their bakery. We intend to attend their wine tasting next week. Seems like a good deal for $8.00 including a plate of finger food. Overall an excellent meal with a very attentive waiter. Go early or else I would recommend a reservation for a Saturday night as it filled up by 6:30pm. Bon Apetit !!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Catdad3x
Lachen, Switzerland
“Dirty, Greasy, Awful! Forget this!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Yesterday we've decided to try this restaurant. The restaurant is dirty, in Europe such things will be close right now! If you touch the knifes, spoons forks etc. they will glue on your hands...
The owner/waiter we guess is unfriendly as the most in Paris/France. No problem with that. But the greasy dirt in this restaurant is eeeek... Stay AWAY from this place! You will have stomach problems after you have been there! Trust me! And we have only drunk some mineral water there!

• Visited May 2013