“Great location, great staff”

Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Florida
“Great location, great staff”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Holiday Inn Express pretty much the same everywhere.
This location was great because of the morning staff at breakfast
We were here during Presidents Day weekend, not realizing that it was.
Hotel was packed, but the staff kept bringing food out with all the kids and business people getting breakfast.
It was close to ending breakfast, but they still kept bringing stuff out and were very helpful with the children and adults who needed a hand with a crowded breakfast area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel itself was fine but I found a used needle laying just behind vehicle in parking lot that really creeped me out especially that I have a baby that runs around and could of possibly picked it up. There needs to be staff to regularly clean up the parking area, in particular the area with the wood chips where I found syringe. In the room there was a large wet spot by air conditioner which needed attending to. Overall the hotel was fine. Just needs more maintenance with a couple things.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Mrs L,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the condition of our facilities. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

The 2 at the front desk the morning if 3/15/14 were not helpful, cocky, argued with eachother over who was right on what I was saying. This was a business executive booking and they made the experience a bad one. Not helpful at all in so many ways. Ill never book here again. On top the rooms at $250 a night for an ugly lowelegance and decor in the suburbs is way over priced.

• Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear LizAsesor,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience with the front desk staff. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously as this will be looked into. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I don't understand why so many lower ratings. The hotel is in a quiet place, nor near nor far everything and I had a nice stay there. The hotel offers a good breakfast, with coffee, milk, muffins, fruits. Another amenities are a small but nice sauna, a pool and a large parking. The business room is ok, with 2 pcs, useful when you don't have any internet capable device. The wifi connection was good. My room was clean everyday and the front desk was helpful. The beds are very comfortable and the room is large. The room has a fridge and a mini kitchen, very useful to prepare a fast meal. The price/quality is very good. If one day I visit Miami again, I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This location is solid. It's what you would expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand, plain and simple. I was there on business and the location was perfect for my needs.

The hotel staff was outstanding. The ladies at the front are the true gems of this hotel. They are funny and friendly and definitely put a smile on my face. With that being said, the male staff at night needs to follow their lead a bit more – yes, they were courteous but not as friendly, which is what adds to a great stay.

My room was toward the back, overlooking the pool and Jacuzzi. It was quiet, clean, and very comfortable. It also had a small refrigerator which I used, and a microwave as well as a small sink outside of the bathroom. The room was large for this type of hotel and had a small couch in a living room-type area which I used to do a light workout. The bathroom was very clean and spacious enough too.

The only area I would ask them to improve on would be their breakfast. Look, breakfast is included and they do have a “nice” assortment but it can improve. At breakfast, I liked the coffee, the hard-boiled eggs (in the mini fridge if you’re looking), the yogurt, and the fresh bananas. Like I said, they had plenty to choose from, but the selection could be a little better quality.

One thing I have to point out about the location is that I didn't have a car the first 2 days I was there. Thankfully, there was a Wendy’s just across the parking lot – which had a surprisingly good chicken pecan salad. Also, within walking distance is a Chevron gas station which was perfect for snacks, water, beer, and other little things you may need. I broke my charging cord to my iPhone and they even had one of those. There is a Cracker Barrel just a few minute’s walk from there too. Now, if you are really in the mood for good Cuban food, take a cab or a short 2-minute ride across the freeway to Romeu’s Cuban Restaurant, you will love it.

Overall, I have no real complaints about this Holiday Inn Express. The place is nice and cozy and was ideal for my situation. I even got to lay out by the pool and read a good book on one of the afternoons. Again, the front desk personnel need to be patted on the back for a job well done. Would I stay there again? Yes.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are best for les noise at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jackie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Lorddominici,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was with great pleasure to read your comments and your appreciation of our staff. It is always great to get positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to your visit in the future.

JackieS
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stay in this property in South Florida on business quite often. I earned the bulk of my Platinum status points at this property. While away on business I often need to fax contracts or quotes and sometimes in a pinch ask the front desk staff to send a fax for me.

Well, today, the gentleman at the front desk told me he could only do it for $5.00 for the first page and $1.00 for subsequent pages. I mentioned my platinum elite status and he could not have cared less.

So I went to the Hampton just nearby and was accommodated cheerfully and without reservation. In Pembroke Pines in the Future, I will be staying at the Hampton and earning points to upgrade my current Gold status.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear rando1994,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Good service in a great place. An excellent option for business and tourism travelers. Comfortable rooms with an efficient service. What you need for a pleasent rest. I recommend it for any special event ir for relax. Thanks for everything.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear wasr78,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We really do appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Our aim is for you to have a wonderful stay. If ever you are in our area again please feel free to come stay with us.
Cassandra and Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St? Share your experiences!