“Unpleasant accommodation; not as advertised”

Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My counsins arrived from Venezuela yesterday to this hotel which I had based on the hotel rating and pictures. However, what a disappointment! It was nothing like the pictures: everything was old and worn out (my cousin added the mattress was uncomfortable as well), and it looked more like a motel than a hotel and spa. Breakfast was also not what they expected, offering some toast and jam and nothing warm. Overall, I guess it is a no frills hotel but at almost $200 a night for the area, they expected a bit more. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially not with a family with older people and children.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank america m

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband had been working in the area for several months- for several reasons (health included) it was decided that I should not stay by myself- so I made the trip to Pembroke Pines. I was very pleased as we pulled into the parking area, there is a beautiful fountain - valet service is offered to hotel guests as well. The hotel itself is an older property, but the room was pristine- as it was the entire duration of our stay- (other then the messes 2 adults can make of a hotel room!) I actually scaled back the service trips that housekeeping made... they were always pleasant and professional- I just felt like for us- a quick change of towels and trash removal were more then sufficient. The housekeeping service was some of the best - and both my husband and I have traveled for work for many years and stayed in many different hotels/resorts.

Our room faces the course and the views are fantastic, morning fog, ducks and geese wander the property- there are 3 courses on property, all in great shape, golfers move along at a consistent pace- top notch facilities! Lastly, I would like to be sure and comment on L'Fontana- the restaurant/bar that is in between the hotel and the pro-shop. Upon check in you're given a coupon for continental breakfast served daily (weekends included) The bar area serves lunch all day with excellent service- Happy hour is M-F with drink specials- again all with exceptional service!

In closing I would like to say the staff from check in are friendly, attentive and I don't refer to this as my hotel but I call it home- This will be my only destination for a further South Florida stays.

Room Tip: My preference was a golf course view, but it was just me and my husband and we enjoyed watching the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DAVE M
Matt W, Marketing Director at Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Casselberry Family,

Thank you for such a detailed review of your stay! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay completely. Your review was very accurate on how guests stay here. I am glad that you were able to see our beautiful landscapes. Also witnessing our ducks & geese on the golf greens :)

We are striving to provide every guest with the experienced you had during your stay.

Thank you for your honest review and we welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

First of all I was working in the area and had extended stay, (3 months), overall everything was
great. Would like to see a little larger refrigerator. All the staff from the front desk to the grounds keepers were great. Rooms were clean. Landscape was nice. Did enjoy breakfast on ocassion and was a real bargin. Again, as I said had a very enjoyable experience. Cannot comment on the
golf, as I do not golf, but did do some fishing in the water traps after dark. (shhhh)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

As sometimes happens, photos of the rooms on the internet were misleading. Rooms are old, musty, so dated. Bed was so uncomfortable we felt like we slept on the floor. Grounds were pretty, but pool needs updating. Best part was the restaurant and staff there. Food excellent. Bar lots of fun. However, won't ever stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

They have really put in a lot of work on the golf course.it was much improved since last year.the rooms are being redone and the bar is a great place to hangout after golf.the staff is really friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2014

For my 50th birthday, I wanted a little getaway that would not be to far away from home. I decided to stay at The Grand Palms Resort with one of my best girlfriend, We were welcomed with an amazing staff. They took care of all of our requests. Sunny was the greatest!!! Very sweet and helpful!!

I highly recommend staying at the Grand Palm Resort, you will be treated like royalty at a great price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marie-Josee G
Reviewed 20 January 2014

It’s not a Ritz Carlton but it was everything we wanted on a vacation; good clean accommodations, great golf course and spa. The people made us feel special from the day of our arrival to the day we left. I forgot to mention their name; it’s Grand Palms Resort in South Florida.

I highly recommend them.

Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard

Been to Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!