The pictures on the website are very misleading and the reality is a big disappointment. This property is a motel and not a hotel.
The whole place is very badly in need of modernization and upgrading to meet the needs of the modern traveller. It appears to be stuck in 1970 and nothing appears to be have been maintained or replaced since.
The motel reception is dreary and smelled of a mixture of toilet cleaner and damp. The rooms are reached via an external walkway and necessitate passing two large rusty washing machines, a laundry, gaudy vending machines, rubbish and storage areas. The rooms themselves offer no privacy as a large window opens onto the public walkway.
On arrival I was sent to (not shown to) a room that was beside a bank of generators and the noise was unbearable. I requested a quieter room but even this was incredibly noisy. The ancient air conditioning unit sounded like a fair ground generator.
The room itself was extremely old fashioned and dreary. The paintwork was poor and amateur looking with bare areas of pain and splashes of paint on walls. The bathroom was miniscule and basic, containing just a toilet and bath. There was a very dated plastic hand basin in the shape of a shell outside the bathroom which was set into a unit onto which was placed a coffee machine. Hideous bright carpet, cheap furniture topped with a large basket containing an artificial plant. There was no safety deposit box or refrigerator. The bed was large but uncomfortable and the sheets were not ironed. there was a long black hair across the pillow.
I was awakened at 0600 by the noise of a grass cutter vehicle on the gold course in front of the hotel which absurdly was operating in the dark and the rain.
Breakfast was dire and served in room that looked like a greenhouse. Cold, bare and unappealing. It consisted of cold coffee, orange juice, cornflakes and sliced bread. There was an old waffle maker with a jug of gloopy grey mixture to make waffles.
I had booked for, and paid in advance, for two nights but left after breakfast after the first night.
On the plus side, the few members of staff I did encounter were friendly and appeared to try their best in a dreary motel that is desperately in need of a revamp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 137 comfortable rooms and suites located on a 27 hole golf course with all of the amenities that you would expect of a first class golf facility including a pro shop, excellent food and beverage services and a staff that is ready to cater to your every whim. Minutes from South Florida's famed beaches and some of the best shopping in the country we invite you to relax at our resort while having access to all that South Florida has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palms Hotel, Spa And Golf Hotel Pembroke Pines
- Grand Palms Pembroke Pines
- Grand Palms Hotel, Spa And Golf Resort Pembroke Pines, Florida