“Aggravating and Disappointing”

Ranked #257 of 388 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This maybe an Italian Restaurant however the employees answering the phone and working at the counter are not nor are they familiar with their own menu and what Italian food is. On their menu is a sausage and green pepper sub, I like the traditional NY/NJ hot sausage sub that comes also with onions and either melted parm or mozzarella cheese, I wanted mozzarella. More then a minute was wasted on the phone being that the women on the other end could not understand what I wanted, really? Sausage, pepper, onion, tomato sauce, with melted mozzarella cheese on a sub - how difficult is this. Well, the woman did not even know what mozzarella cheese was, I had to tell her that it was the same cheese that they use on their pizza's. She placed me on hold to ask if I could get what I wanted on my sub. This by the way was a phone order for pickup. I expected to pay more for what I added, which was not a problem, but to my surprise was told that I could not get what I ordered - why? I asked to speak with someone else, probably the person the first employee spoke to. BTW, this is a full service restaurant that has both carry out and limited delivery from what I have been told. Finally I was told I could get the sub I wanted and was told it will be ready in about 15 minutes, just before they closed. Well, I arrived in 20 minutes and when I asked for my order, it was not even prepared, the same person I spoke with on the phone, was totally confused and had no record of my order. There was a heavy set man sitting behind the front counter who I assumed was either a Mgr or maybe the owner who said nothing, especially to me, but walked into the kitchen then came back out as confused as the woman behind the counter. After a couple minutes with nothing being said to me, I finally left to go get food someplace else. I returned another day and ordered the sausage and pepper sub as is - didn't want the hassle. My sub was prepared within 15-minutes and I left with it to eat at a nearby park. When I opened the container what I noticed was similar to an open faced sandwich instead of sub that I could eat with my hands. There was sooooo much tomato sauce that the sub roll was soaked and when I folded it in half to pickup, the sub was falling apart as I attempted to pick it up. I resorted to eating the sausage and peppers with a fork that I had in my car. Both of these experiences were so aggravating and disappointing, often I see their parking lot full, how?

1  Thank paddler4x

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Good spaghetti and lazanha! I asked for Extra Virgin Olive Oil and got it. They have delivery or pick up if you don't want to be seated and eat there. Although the restaurant is very pleasant itself and deserves a visit.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I order a large pizza with pepperoni and order of chicken wings. The pizza was good but just a little salty, the chicken were tasteful.Overall experience was good, friendly staff, quick service. I would definitely come back again and order an more italian meal.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stopped in for lunch and ordered the baked ziti it was very flavorful with an ample amount of food on the plate. Service was friendly and prompt. Garlic rolls were about the best I have ever had and I was trying to figure out if I should have dessert or not, I ordered it anyway only to find out later that the owner did not charge me for the dessert for no reason other than he wanted to. I was pleased with my overall experience of this place and will go back again.

1  Thank Faloughi
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I just the last review! Right on! We went to this place last night and the food was horrible and they didn't accept their own coupon? Our bill was $40.00 for two people. The salad was iceberg lettuce. We didn't even eat our entrees. This is not Italian food, we are from Philly and this place is the pits! Don't waste your money! The Latin cooks in this place better stick to rice and beans! Awful place....take my word!

2  Thank david b