“Fantastic customer service”

TownePlace Suites Pensacola
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Great place to stay oeverall. The staff was very friendly. In fact, when we arrived, the Marriott online reservation was not in their system. While we were calling Marriott rewards, the person at the desk was trying to find and secure a room for us at the nearby courtyard location - just in case- on her own. When it turned out the Marriott website had not booked our stay, she still reserved the last room for us so that when it went through we would have it. All while continually apologizing.

The breakfast, not so great, but you can go next door and get a hot breakfast at the courtyard hotel. Not sure if you have to pay for it or not. Beds comfortable.

Good wifi, wireless and wired. Good sprint and AT&T mobile reception.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank AustinBizTraveler

Reviewed 24 May 2011

Usually I do not care about the level of customer service at the front desk of a hotel. However, I NEVER have experienced such rude front desk people in my life. I am not certain what exactly was wrong with the woman at the front desk but she was rude. So rude that we decided not to even stay there even though we had a reservation. We have been traveling since mid-March from the midwest to southern Florida and may never stay at a Marriott property again. Marriott properties used to be my favorite. Not only have they become dated properties but now the customer service is not at a level to be expected.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dvhtbm
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Oh my, maybe because I had just stayed at the Best Western Pride Inn in Tallahassee but the staff here was so pleasant and helpful and the hotel was so peaceful that I just loved it here! Nothing bad to say. I can see that you get what you pay for as the saying goes, this hotel was comfortable, very clean, close to Navy Federal Credit Union, a mall across the street and food nearby, if you were looking for that. Towne Place Suites, you get a gold star!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We had a 2 room suite and LOVED it! Worked out great with having 2 children. We stayed one night traveling home from Disney. Our in-laws had a stuido and said it was clean too. My rating on our room for cleaness is only a 4 out of 5, mostly because it seemed a little dusty and was a few stains on the couch. Hotel is going on 3 years old. The staff was nice and answered any questions we had. There is plenty to do in the area, from food to shopping. It's a good location but still quiet at the same time. The only reason I give this Hotel a 3 overall is the breakfast. I wouldn't even call is a breakfast. The first time every we are served hardly nothing at a Marriott. Good thing it was free. The only thing they had was cereal, packs of oatmeal, wrapped muffins and multi-grain bars, apples or banannas. And then coffee. So don't expect much for your morning meal and head down the Street for something else. Breakfast rating is a 2 for me. Not sure if I would stay here again, just depends. And again, it's because of the nothing breakfast for us. I can get the same room rate at another Marriott with a hot free breakfast. They did have a outdoor pool with a BBQ pit area, so that was nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cajunpeach
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Had a memorable meal @ McGuire's and a stay I'd rather forget @ TownePlace Suites. Indifferent staff, small rooms, uninspired breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank In_Eighty_Days_80
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We stayed in this TownePlace Suites for 7 nights in November, 2010 because we were going to the Blue Angels homecoming show. I chose this hotel because it got decent reviews but also because it isn’t too far from the Naval Base.

The hotel was really nice and very clean. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk told us we were going to be staying in the quietest room in the hotel on the 4th floor (#423) and she was right. We really never heard any noise; however, the hotel didn’t seem very full, which may have had something to do with it. The room was #423. It was very quiet but it was also the farthest from the one and only elevator. We didn’t mind though.

The room itself was a decent size. It had a small kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, a pantry, 2 burner stove, pots/pans and dishes/silverware and a desk with a lamp. The pantry was equipped with shelving, iron/ironing board and a laundry basket. Our room had a Queen size bed with a 3 drawer night stand on either side. The TV was located on a stand (with a swivel base) against the wall next to the kitchen. The air conditioner worked very well during the day and kept the room a nice comfortable temperature.

The bathroom had a nice 2 drawer vanity (sink). Also in the bathroom was a big closet with a shelf and hangers. The towels and washcloths were very soft and thick, not see through like some places.

In the laundry facility, there were 3 stackable washer/dryer units ($1.00 each). There is only one laundry room in this hotel (and it’s on the first floor) and there is only a folding table in the room.

They only have a continental breakfast which consisted of Nutrigrain bars, apples, bananas, yogurt, cereals, coffee and tea. There is not much seating in the area for eating and not a lot to choose from. This wasn’t a big deal to us though because there is a Waffle House close by in addition to some other restaurants in the area.

There is an outdoor pool which was too cold to use during our stay. It wasn’t very big and it was right in the front of the hotel where people park or go to smoke. During our stay, the leaves and “berries” from the tree were falling into the pool. I’m sure it wouldn’t be so bad in the summer, but it was way too cold for us to get into it in November.

The only negatives I had (and they’re small ones) – there was no in-room safe, the shower curtain wasn’t quite long enough which would allow water to get on the floor and almost flow into the closet and the two computers in the lobby are very slow. The only other main gripe that I have is that the bathroom is located right next to the bed. Not a big deal for me but it was for my Husband because he’s a very light sleeper.

Overall, I’d stay at this hotel again. However, next time I’m in the area, I’d like to try the Courtyard, which is located directly behind this TownePlace Suites, but only because the Courtyard has an indoor pool.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

It was a great visit. The staff is exceptional. I was greeted with a warm smile and professionalism. They used my name when speaking to me. Asked if I had any other questions or requests. I could not ask for more! The room was clean and in order. I called downstairs and they promptly set me up for a wake up call the next morning. It happenend as requested. Bottomline, I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel, with a 2 star cost. Fantasic for both me and my employer!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business