“So glad I chose this hotel!”

TownePlace Suites Pensacola
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Knoxville
“So glad I chose this hotel!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We travel to Pensacola quite frequently and have stayed at dozens of hotels in the area. We decided to give this hotel and try and it completely exceeded my expectations. The hotel was very clean, well maintained and the room, actually a studio suite, had all of the comforts of home. My family was able to stock a few items in our full size fridge and we even made sandwiches for lunch by the pool one day. Employees were very friendly, especially one of the Managers who was pregnant. We plan to travel back to the area in the next few months, and we will be booking another room here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Terry L
tpspensacola, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Well thank you very much for this nice review! Hope to see you again in the future!

Johanna Allard
Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Me and my family came to Pensacola for a little vacation. This hotel worked out great from the warm staff to the convenient location. We all enjoyed are stay and the kids loved the pool.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank xander2010
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 May 2012

A friend who works for Marriott suggested this place as it accepted pets. I booked through the Marriott website noting we were travelling with two dogs. Upon arrival after a long car travel day, I was greeted warmly by the clerk who noted we were travelling with pets...the lady was friendly enough but I did notice an edgy nervousness about the check in and frankly, I was too tired to care. I did sign the pet policy sheet without taking the 10 minutes to read the fine print. The room was small but clean, basic. We noted the newness of the place and made sure the pets stayed in their crates all nite. We made sure the room was as clean as it would have been if a guest with no pets stayed there.
The next morning the bill under the door detailed a pet cleaning fee charged of 89.68 before tax. I found this to be excessive based on the type of property this was, so I went down to discuss with the manager. As I arrived and asked for the manager another guest, was behind me and said, "good, I want to talk to her too. There is nothing on Marriott's main website about a $100 dollar pet fee."
The manager was surly and argumentative. She stated that the charge would cover the cleaning of the carpets and drapes once we left the room. I cried fowl and accused her of lying. I advised her that I had managed 4 star luxury properties with average rates of $400 a nite, and that it was extremely rare for that kind of cleaning to be done to a room after check out. She didn't reply back so I knew she was stating some rehearsed excuse the ownership had given her. I also said that if I were her with two irate guests in front of her, I would do everything I could to insure their return...not argue flimsy charges. She did take off 1/2 of my charges...but I did let her know I would be calling Marriott and putting this not so flattering review up on Tripadvisor. She didn't seem to care. I will check this place off my list for my twice yearly pass thru Pensacola and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank InTheBizMyself
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
I regret to hear that you were less than pleased with your experience at Pensacola Towneplace Suites... particularly regarding your pet cleaning fee. Our website does state under hotel fact sheet information all the information regarding the $100, non-reundable, pet sanitation fee. We are one of only two pet friendly Marriott hotels in Pensacola and both locations require this fee for this amount. I understand you feel that this fee is excessive; however, we are an extended stay hotel and typically have guests traveling with pets in some of our rooms for weeks at the time which requires the rooms to be deep cleaned after check out, unfortunately the rate is standard even for our short term guests. For this reason all guests are asked to sign the pet letter at check- in that states this information. I do see where you signed this letter at check - in and were given a discounted fee after your concerns were voiced. I wish that the discount would have sufficed your complaint rather than to see it listed on this review, but I appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and respect your managment expericene within the hotel industry and ask that you reconsider the Towneplace Suites brand for your next stay especially in Pensacola.
Tallahassee
Reviewed 29 April 2012

125 bucks for what they call a suite? It was about the same size as a regular hotel room. This "suite" only had a queen bed and a small sofa pullout. When the sofa was in bed mode it abutted the queen bed and you could not get to the other side of the room. The mattress on the sofa bed was the flimsiest, thinnest and most uncomfortable sofa bed we have encountered. The queen bed sagged and I ended up with backache. There was so much space under the door and the bathroom door I fit my entire hand underneath both, so lots of light washing through at night. The walls were so thin walking down the hallway you could hear what was on each TV in every room you passed. I have never seen such a small space called a lobby. The two computers for free access allowed everyone in this 'lobby' to see your screen - absolutely no privacy from prying eyes to the computer screen. The place was clean, and built 4 years ago it was relatively new, although the desk chair in our room was so beat up as to not only be ugly but it pitched you forward when sitting in it, mighty uncomfortable. The quality of this property reminded me more of a red roof inn or super 8 motel. But 125 a night for so-called suite and the place does not even do breakfast except cereal and coffee "grab and go". TownePlace had a tiny microkitchen with no place to eat in the room. Save your money, go across the street to an older refurbished property but much bigger, with great breakfast, at the Mainstay Suite and get a true suite with King bed, nice sofa bed, true kitchen with eating area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard H
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Hello and thank you for your feedback!

I want to apologize for your less than par stay. I understand the space in the rooms was not adequate in size and comfort and you experienced noise while here. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us and will share this with the staff so we can improve and make it a better place to stay.

I do hope that if you find yourself traveling to the Pensacola area again, that you will personally contact me and give us another chance. I do hope we get to see you stay with us once again! If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me directly at becky.camarillo@marriott.com

Becky Camarillo
Miami
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Very expensive for what you get. Compared to other similar hotels this one doesn't have an adequate room space for longterm stays, the kichenette is very small and badly designed, what is the point of being able to cook or heat any food if you dont have adequate ventilation, the windows only open few inches not allowing for any air exchage. The TV is in an ackward position, you are not able to see the whole TV screen from bed since its behind the bathroom wall. They offer a very limited breakfast, and their free all day coffe is always cold and never replaced. I would look for other options around until they fix this issues because is a new property with potential if changed.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank claudia007
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Hello!

I want to first thank you for choosing us while you were in Pensacola, FL!

You mentioned the space was not adequate and the kitchen was less than you expected. I am sorry and it looks like you were in one of the smaller rooms, had I knows while you were here i would have made sure you got a room with a larger stove and oven.
The TV, I agree, is in an akward location if you want to lay down in the bed. It is something we have been trying to fix.
I do wish we could offer more of an actual breakfast, but good news is, that is also in the works! I do wish it was here now too!
last, I am sorry you had cold coffee! I have addressed this with the staff and this should not happen again.

Thank you!
Florida PanHandle
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was my second visit, the other about 6 months ago. Each visit was paid for by Marriott points.
Both times all of my expectations were met. The rooms/suites are decorated very modern and cute, more importantly spotless. The front desk was extremely helpful with directions and dinner ideas. I am a very frequent traveler with high expectations so I was very surprised at how low the star rating is on this hotel. The layout is very functional with adequate work space for a business traveler as well as comfortable seating area for families.
You can hear noise through the front door in the hall way so if you are a very light sleeper I would suggest requesting a room towards the end of the hallway away from the elevator.
Another note, the mattresses are a little on the firm side which is how I like them but I know that is not everyone's preference so felt it was worth mentioning.

Room Tip: You can hear noise through the front door in the hall way so if you are a very light sleeper I would...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write this! I really am grateful and so glad to hear you had two great stays with us! We look forward to having many more from you!

Becky Camarillo
Georgia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed here for one night because I arrived on a late flight and wanted a place close to the airport. The room I was assigned was away from the elevator as I had requested when i reserved the room. It was spacious and very quiet. I wish I could remember the room number but the room has the stairwell on one side and due to the shape of the building the room is not adjacent to another one. It was clean and the staff was pleasant. Breakfast at all Towne Place Suites is very skimpy--grab and go type stuff--but there is a Denny's right down the street. The room had a number of magazines in it and I appreciated that. My stay was just one night but I could see that this would make a great place for an extended stay if one needed to be in the Pensacola area. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo