“Not Bad...Not Bad At All”

TownePlace Suites Pensacola
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Nashville, TN
“Not Bad...Not Bad At All”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My family and I just came back from vacation in Pensacola and we stayed at this hotel. This was the ideal setup for a mother of three traveling with a husband, three kids and a sister. The staff was OUTSTANDING and there was nothing that we needed that they didn't quickly respond to. The rooms are quaint and clean and there is complimentary coffee in the lobby 24-hrs a day. I don't have any complaints and look forward to staying here again. In fact, when I travel to other cities, I will check to see if they have TownePlace Suites (we don't have one in Nashville).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia C
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Hello and thank you so much for staying with us and filling out this wonderful review for us! We do hope we get to see you again in the future! Oh and I told the brand to hurry and put one of us in Nashville!

Becky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The staff was great. They were so friendly and accommodating. The "in-a-pinch" market was nice to have but the breakfast was seriously lacking. Bananas and tiny boxes of cereal.... not that great. The rooms were so dirty I couldn't believe it. We switched rooms a couple times and each room was filthy. The first room had garbage left in the trash can and when I pulled the coffee cups out in the morning, there was dried leftover coffee in the bottoms of the cups and the bowls were dirty. The room we stayed in the longest had rotten avocados left in the fridge that made the whole room stink, the couch and chairs were ripped and stained. When I pulled out the sofa bed the mattress looked like a hobo had donated it and the sheets that were in the closet to put on the pull-out bed had a bunch of little hairs all over it, like a dog had been sleeping on them. They obviously hadn't been washed. We also found a dirty t-shirt, a baby's pacifier and a cheese wrapper stuck between the night stand and the bed. The pool was really gross - lots of dead bugs and leaves floating in it and when i stuck my hand in and pulled it out my hand was covered in lots of long hair that wasn't mine... barf. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hello!

Just want to say thank you for filling this out! I am so glad to hear we treated you right, but sad to hear we dropped the ball on the room cleanliness. I have shared this with the staff as we are always finding ways to improve ourselves!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2012

nothing fancy but superb staff and great value...simple nice room, plenty of parking

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Steve, thank you for your generous words of compliments, we look forward to having you again soon!

birmingham
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Wow. You would think Pensacola was a fancy city with the other marriotts and Hilton's laughing at me for asking the gov rate. Why do I care it's June? I still have to work so thank you for a clean room and honoring the gov rate when everyone else didn't seem to care

• Stayed June 2012
Hello! I just want to thank you for your review and yes, the government rate is always honored at our property! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

AR
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This sentence sums this place up: If you like to smoke, breathe smoke and be around smoke and if you love big dogs, this place is for you. This is non-smoking property, supposedly, yet there were people on both sides of my room smoking and across the hall. Someone had been smoking in my room before I came into it. I don't have anything good to say about this place. The rooms are tiny, it isn't the "nicest" place to stay in Pensacola, far from it, try Homewood Suites by Hilton or Hampton Inn by the mall. We usually stay at Marriott's but this place is a disgrace to the Marriott name. I had to wait 15 minutes to check in and the girl behind the desk wasn't eager to please me, at all. I asked to be upgraded and she scoffed at me for assuming I could have such an option. Since this place is a long term stay property, people had their animals with them but huge dogs were at every turn. Everything about this place reeks, literally.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Hello and thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to beautiful Pensacola, FL!

I just want to apologize for the poor behavior you got at the front desk. I have taken this to the team to learn how we can better help our guests.

I do understand that other guests may have been smoking in their room and just so you know, that is a $250 fine that we charge guests that do not follow the rules.

As far as the other guests pets here, yes we do accept pets and not many hotels do so we tend to have a lot as many of our guests our here for ahwile and make this their second home.

Should you ever be back in the area, I do hope you will try us again.

Please call or email directly if you have any questions!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We drove in from Atlanta and was told the hotel was 4 miles from the beach, which turned out to be totally false. It atually takes 15-20 minutes depending on bridge traffic. Other than that, we had a great stay and the room was excellent. The staff was just ok. We have high expectations for friendliness and attention.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hello!

Thanks for staying with us while in Pensacola!

I am glad to hear you had a great stay and the room was excellent!

I am sorry to hear that the staff was just okay and someone said we are only 4 miles from the beach! As you know we are not, we are 14 miles actually. I am sorry you were told wrong information!

If you are ever in Pensacola again, I hope you choose us again for your lodging needs!

Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is the smallest hotel room I've been in recently, and they have the audacity to call this a suite? Technically, I guess it has all the requirements: bed, couch, TV, stove, refridgerator. However it is all crammed into what should be a SMALL hotel room. You can't walk around the bed when the sofa is pulled out to be a bed.
I will give them credit, it appears to be clean. We specifically asked for a new hotel.....if this was built in 2008, as they claimed, then it has been a poor quality building. If it wasn't late at night when we checked in, I would have gone somewhere else.
I have no idea who these people are writing the glowing reviews for this hotel-----must be employees paid to write them. Seriously.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with small, confined places, don't stay here.