“Look can be deceiving.”

Fishermans Corner
Ranked #8 of 664 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fisherman's Corner is not much to look at from the outside but the food is fabulous and created by our chefs using only fresh Gulf seafood and the highest quality ingredients. It is an old fish camp with white linens, a world class wine list, and friendly service. Daily Chef specials are a "must try" with great local flavor, live piano music on weekends, families welcome, and reservations recommended. Open and serving a special holiday menu on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! Make your reservations today!
Jackson
“Look can be deceiving.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

What looks like a dump has really good food. My wife had a ribeye that was good. I had the creole linguine that was supposed to be very spicy. It was good but not very spicy for me. Now, I like spicy so it probably would have been for the average person. Go early! After we got there (at 6:00 PM) the crowd started pouring in. Will be back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kirby P

Fairhope, Alabama
“Best gumbo”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Awesome restaurant. The gumbo is the best I've had. We try to eat here as much as possible when we're at the beach. As others have mentioned, call for reservations.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank PalmettoO8
League City, TX
“Good local seafood”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was clearly a popular little place and the wait was reasonable for a table (15-25 minutes) for a party of three. The grilled shrimp was good; but nothing out of the ordinary. The reason we are giving Fishermans Corner a 4 instead of a 3 is that they had a pretty good vegetarian menu for a seafood place. Vegetarian items beyond salad are not easy to find in the area.

Pensacola
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the search”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you are not familiar with the area, this restaurant may be a bit difficult to find. However, I strongly suggest that you make the effort - you will be glad that you did. I am a "local" and eat there at least once a week. The exterior of the building belies the gourmet food and fabulous service. Management refuses to serve "sub-par" seafood and buy from "local catch". As mentioned in other reviews, some items on the menu are unavailable on occasion because the owner would rather eliminate an offering than serve a version of which he would not be proud. I, personally, do not consider that to be a negative!
The Po Boys are the best in town and the "large" size in an exceptional value. Another personal favorite is the spicy version of the Creole Linguini. (I do suggest that you have a hearty appetite or plan to share if you order either of these.). The Gumbo is excellent and is worthy of any New Orleans chef. My favorite sides are the ample side salad, the fried sweet potatoes, and the onion rings -yum!
The servers are all efficient and friendly- but two of them, GRACE and THERESA, are, clearly, outstanding. They will engage you personally as well as seeing to your every request. If you become a repeat customer (and I cannot imagine that anyone who went once would not want to return) each of these ladies will, in all likelihood, call you by name by your second or third visit. You will leave feeling like you have made a new friend.
In short, if you want a great dining experience, don't miss Fisherman's Corner. If you want the have your evening meal there, don't forget a reservation. (I go at lunchtime to avoid this necessity.) Even so, it can be crowded then as well). The search and/or the wait will be well rewarded! Enjoy!

1 Thank Leorah M
Colorado
“Perdido Key Under the Bridge on the Pensacola Side”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is in a little manufactured building under the bridge on the Pensacola side on the way to Pensacola. So Perdido Key'ers should keep this place not he top of the list.

Location: Not perfect, but a quick and easy drive across the bridge or a quick pull up in a boat I am guessing (from the canal to Inter-coastal waterway the bridge goes over).

Vibe: Fun, nice and clean outdoor seating. They put you on a little deck while you wait to be seated and you can order wine and beer while chatting with fellow out of towerners. We had a nice conversation with a family from Wisconsin.

Waiter: He was from South Africa with a ton of fun stories and good recommendations for the area. Service was top notch.

Food: We had the friend green tomatoes and frog legs for appetizer. The tomatoes were well done, nice gooey cheese and étouffée style sauce. It was good.

The frog legs were fun for the kids to eat, but were nothing to write home about. They had some sort of commercial buffalo sauce haphazardly squirted on them, no ranch or other dipping sauce to counter act the taste of the buffalo sauce. I say do them right or don't do them, but frog legs could have been better.

My son had the kids cheese burger and it was done nicely on a french roll. He liked it.

Our son's friend had the fried shimp wrap and sucked it down at speed and said it was very great. It looked good too, I liked the presentation of it.

I had the gouda cheese grits and shrimp. I thought the opaque color of the sauce was a little off and the grits were a bit dry on the inside. The gouda was a bit on the harsh side and something else was needed to smooth it out. My wife had the crawfish étouffée. She liked it and said it was not what she expected (likes the creamier less tomato based kind), but liked it a lot either way. She thought the presentation was nice and I agree. I tasted it and thought it was good.

Portions were great and we skipped dessert. Very family friendly btw. Price is good (except on the booze. We paid a ridiculous 8 bucks for a plastic cup of six dollar a bottle wine on the porch waiting for our table. That took the rating down right then and their. Never gouge your customers regardless of how good the food is) and the service is great. Definitely a place I would goto again.

2 Thank ICHermes