After making a reservation a week earlier through AAA and receiving not one, but two confirmations of our reservation on an internet special, we arrived at this hotel on a holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and were told that our reservation had been canceled. We were told that our credit card was declined. When I asked why we weren't contacted so we could correct the situation, if indeed there is a problem (we pay off our balance every month), we were told they did not have our phone number. The hotel said that they were given the reservation by Travelocity and that each time they attempted to call them, Travelocity hung up on them. (I ask you, how likely is that?) They offered to make a new reservation for $50 more than our special promotion price. We declined.
We were not a late arrival (it was 2:45 p.m. when we attempted to check in). There was no reason to deny us the room other than these possibilities:
1. We were only staying for one night. Could it be that they wanted to deny our stay for a customer who would be staying longer over the holiday weekend?
2. By canceling our reservation, the only way they could rebook it (according to them) was at the new price. How convenient!
I own a retail business and know that if you want to get and keep customers, you treat them as you would want to be treated OR BETTER. They took no responsibility for not contacting us and never offered the option that they would simply get another card from us when we checked in. They had no solutions other than "give us more money". We obviously declined their generous offer.
Any business that operates with that lack of integrity and has so little understanding of customer service is not an option for me. I have already contacted AAA and am filing a complaint with them as CI&S is one of their travel partners. The person at AAA that I contacted by phone to report this was appalled at the "unprofessionalism" of this site.
I would strongly recommend that you express your rejection of this business by not staying there as well. Who knows what they might want to do with your reservation if they could think of a way to jack up the price before you got there?
Enough said. I gave this a one rating because that is the lowest I could give.
To the manager: please do not write your comment and ask me to come back and correct my negative opinion. I was told by the person at the front desk that you said there was nothing you could do for us. You had your chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn and Suites hotel in West Pensacola, located in the beautiful "City of Five Flags." Our Pensacola hotel is ideally located off I-10, Exit 7 just minutes from the area's most beautiful beaches. In addition, our Pensacola West accommodations offer guests the kind of inviting atmosphere, warm hospitality and thoughtful services that are sure to please both business and leisure travelers, like Free High-Speed Internet access, a Fitness Center and Indoor Pool and Spa. Make your reservations today and see what makes the Country Inn & Suites among the best hotels in Pensacola, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pensacola West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Suites Pensacola w Hotel Pensacola
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pensacola West Florida