“Quick Stop on a Long Trip”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pensacola West
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Quick Stop on a Long Trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We actually stayed on the way to St. Augustine and on the way back. We missed the first breakfast purposefully because we chose to stay late. On the way back, we went down about 30 minutes before breakfast was over and it just really didn't look all that appetizing. I prefer a cooked to order breakfast even if it has limited choices. However, that is the only "complaint" I would have about our stay. Everything else was perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Sandy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Merced, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Country Inn for two weeks on a business assignment. Overall I was very pleased with the room, location and staff. I especially liked the water pressure and immediate hot water.
The only trouble I encountered was when I needed to do laundry. On one occasion the soap dispenser was empty in one chamber and soap boxes were stuck in the other. When I sought help at the front desk, I was given a dollar back and was told, "I'll call the guy", which was of little help to me at that moment. So I went in search of a stick to un-jam my box of soap. When I arrived at the laundry room there were two young ladies from housekeeping already there to help. They had overheard my conversation with the front desk clerk and took action. I just love good customer service. The next week I again went to the front desk for laundry quarters. The same clerk (A lady with glasses which I cannot name), informed me she did not have quarters and advised me to go to the corner mini-market which I did. Upon my return I found the soap dispenser in the same condition: Out of Order. I was furious the clerk was so uninformed of her hotel's status. This meant another trip to the market to buy detergent.
It's a shame when one individual ruins a hotel's perfect score which would have been the case because everyone else was great. Especially the housekeeping department! They were all so nice and considerate. I never walked by them without receiving a greeting of some sort. Great job ladies!
Do not hesitate to stay at the Country Inn Suites... Just be sure to bring your own soap!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

All was good except the room temp, our room was not very cool. The staff was great, the room & hotel was very clean. We had a great time . We did not use the pool or the fitness center. Our main purpose for this stay was just to sleep & change beofe & after the beach.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Swansea, IL, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed in a suite with two queen beds, with the bedroom area separate from the living room area. It had a nice sized fridge & microwave, two televisions, and two huge closets. I was very surprised by the size of the suite. It also had a queen size sofa bed in the living area, so we were able to fit 4 adults & two small children. We brought along a playpen, and there was still plenty of room to spare, where most hotels would be cramped. The room was not vacuumed very well, as I found pieces of candy and wrappers along the edges of the wall. Other than that, this was a great place to stay & great value for the price. Very friendly hotel staff.

Rockport
Reviewed 2 August 2014

All was well done, reservation, greeated nicely at the front desk, room was clean and smelled clean, was a one night stay on our way to Orlando, my kids enjoyed the pool, breakfast was a bit short of some goodies,but hey cant have all in one night stay, all good.

Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel was close to the freeway and very clean, it was also about 20 minutes to the beaches. The drive to the beaches through town were a little iffy but we had no problems. The breakfast was a disappointment and did not even come close to being what was shown on the website. We would stay here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Didnt have any issues, we stayed awhile. Housecleaner was nice.. breakfast was normal Country Inn & Suites fare. Similar style to most in this chain. Not far to beach & food, markets. Helpful staff. Pool was fun.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business