When planning your dream wedding and selecting a place for your reception you hope when someone gives you the walk through of their facility that everything promised is what you will receive. This was not the case for my wife and I.
1st When phoning in to reach our rep days would go by before a return phone call would be made. I MIGHT have gotten to speak with her if I raised my voice and tone.
When asking to speak with Nancy instead of Sarah, Nancy would state "Oh you will need to speak with Sarah about that I'm not sure" When you have Sarah on the phone she would say " Oh I'd have to check with Nancy on that" Does anyone there know what is going on?
2nd- The night before I arrived with the wedding party after our rehearsal to decorate the hall, I noticed the staff member placing stripped chair covers on the some of the chairs and solid white on the rest, I said we requested all solid white chair covers and these strip covers were no only NOT requested but they are dirty and they stink!
3rd - Our selected room was The Palafox I had to request that the dance floor be cleaned as well as the carpet in our section due to the horrible smell. The walls look like they need a paint job, the entire place was gloomy.
4th - Food- Due to an issue New World Landing had with their chef we suffered.
We were served butter - No Rolls - Was told at the end they were burned
Fresh Mozzarella and tomato over mixed greens with balsamic reduction- Never saw this. We were served a few lettuce flakes and carrots.
Our meal selection was Chef Carved Roasted Prime Rib with Rosemary and Red Wine Au Jus. This was a complete JOKE. Never saw this, we received a slab of Prime Rib and when I "The Groom" Asked for the Au Jus I was told " We don't have any you have horse radish in front of you" Excess me?
The second option our guests could have selected was: Roasted chicken breast stuffed with Fuji apples, prosciutto and brie with a signature cream sauce. From what I hear the chicken was try to the point of not being able to eat it and there were no Fuji apples and definitely not a signature sauce.
The vegetable was supposed to be a slow cooked green beans with ham hock. We were served dried up string beans. For me, the worst part was when Sarah came to my table apologizing for the NO Rolls and asked us if we would like the "Left over" clams from the party before us? REALLY?
The bill- I pre-paid for the bartender so I would not have to worry about those charges I was told the cost was $25 per hour with a 4 hour minimum. I paid $100
I also paid $700 for the hall rental. In the end the bill stated $35 Bar set up fee and a $45 cake carver fee? Not ever mentioned at $26 per person I agree with another similar posting we too could have taken our guests to Outback and had a much better meal. When I emailed Sarah because the amount of people I paid for VS amount of people that actually showed up to eat was a $304 difference. It took her a week to get back to me to tell me there was a minimum head count ( AGAIN something not mentioned). I also needed to have my final head count in by 72 hours, She had that well in advance. She does admit the disappointment with the meal and service how nice of her. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND NEW WORLD LANDING AT ALL. I am sure my guests too will be posting their experience with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on "One of the 10 Best Streets in America" (APA), this cozy boutique hotel is nestled on Palafox Street, just steps from the water, museums, top restaurants, and an incredible Saturday Farmer's Market, with Pensacola's Historic District a short 3 blocks away. On top of its incredible location, The New World Inn features 15 uniquely decorated rooms in a beautiful historic building, including 3 extended stay rooms equipped with refrigerator and microwave (also available upon request for all rooms.) New beds and fluffy pillows compliment the setting in a quiet atmosphere, making it a home away from home. Reservations include complimentary wireless internet, cable television, free continental breakfast, free parking, and access to our business center. With the friendliest service, New World Inn is just the place you've been looking for in Pensacola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your New World Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New World Hotel Pensacola
- New World Inn Pensacola, Florida