“I love t his place! been more than once and will stay again!”
Review of New World Inn

New World Inn
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Carrollton Georgia
“I love t his place! been more than once and will stay again!”
Reviewed 27 December 2006

I love this Inn. It is simple and the staff is VERY accomodating.
I will stay again and again and again!
Eileen

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff/price. They sold me on the Inn.
  • Disliked — The location.
  • Tips/Secrets — This little Inn is a simple Inn. If you are looking for a more upscale hotel with a higher price go some where else
  • Stayed August 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank trumane1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tennessee
Reviewed 5 November 2006

I stayed two nights in the Juan Gonzalez room. Very quiet with nice beds. Carpet was a little stained. Not all rooms have high ceilings, mine was slanted. The staff was heplful and friendly. Breakfast was included. Many pictures on the walls of the lobby of celebs who have stayed there(all from the 70's and 80's). Overall I would recommend this place For a short stay if you want to try something different. Located one block from The Fish House which is the best seafood place in Pensacola.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank jimgray99
St. Petersburg, FL
Reviewed 11 July 2006

New World is a quaint, historical and well placed Hotel. I would recommend it if you need to stay downtown. However, we did have an issue with our room. There was no air conditioning when we arrived at 5:30 p.m. and the hotel staff knew of the issue at 3:30. She made no call to the maintenance person until we complained. Then the first reaction was to try to find us a room in another hotel (we declined the motel 8). Then the maintenance person came, and just spun the fan and considered it fixed. they would not give us the unoccupied room across the hall. Then we returned and there was no power because the maintenance man left the breaker off. At that point tthey finally gave us the room (after 8:00 p.m.) This completely ruined our arrival plans. We noted a temporary A/C in the room the next day.

Great place, but the staff is a bit dizzy. When we asked another desk clerk directions to the Navy Air Museum she never heard of it and gave us a small city map. She was too busy cruising the web so I got her to google the museum and suggested she go to it herself someday.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank JFLEMIN1
Gulf Coast, MS
Reviewed 17 April 2006

I almost hate to write this review in case everyone finds out about the hidden jewel of downtown Pensacola.

14 lovely rooms each decorated differently. Hidden in the heart of Downtown, 1 block from Palafox marina. Our room had a view of the bay and all the fine yachts at the marina.

Staff was execptional-very very nice!
Room was very clean, new carpets, beautiful bedspread, extra pillows in the room.

There is no swimming pool which to me is great so that way not many children will be there-making it a great place to relax.

I am very picky about where I sleep, I take my Lysol with me when I have to stay overnight somewhere, and here I did not have to use it.

I will totally recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2006
11 Thank LuigisMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#11 of 65 in Pensacola
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Been to New World Inn? Share your experiences!