“Stunning”

Ranked #3 of 4 Pensacola B&B and Inns
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This place is absolutely stunning. The quality of everything provided -food, bedding, decor- was first class, there's even a cupboard full of different firmnesses of pillows so you can sleep as comfortably as possible.there's a very state of the art air conditioning system in the bedroom too so you never overheat The owner is extremely accommodating and cooks a selection of breakfast items every morning for the guests. The banana bread is delicious, as are the gritts. Cold soft drinks are available all the time from the fridge on the same floor as your room which is very much needed in a Florida Summer. The location is beautiful, make sure you ask for a bay view if it's available. The shared veranda is fantastic to pass the time on, watching the birds and the water. Opposite is a brilliant venue that provides food, drink and live music. Up the road is the historic district and a lot of great bars and music venues. Just don't stand on the soil at night as the fire ants will bite you.

Room Tip: Get a bay view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We spent a wonderful week at the Lee House during a recent vacation to Pensacola. The accommodations were superb, and the entire property is beautifully appointed and kept in immaculate condition. Our room was truly inviting, and overlooked both Seville Square and the bay. I can not say enough about the absolutely delicious breakfast served up by Norma each morning - truly a great way to start the day. Norma and Pat are extremely gracious hosts, and made us feel like a part of their family. We were never at a loss for conversation at the breakfast table, and I have to admit that on some mornings I felt like just sitting and chatting with Norma for the day. The property is adjacent to Seville Square and within a two minute walk to the historic district. Locally there are numerous restaurants, galleries, shops, and entertainment venues within easy walking distance from the Lee House, which made getting around and seeing the sights very easy. Whether on business travel or vacation, here are some activities and establishments I would recommend: take a tour of the historic district and its museums; for beer lovers, belly up to the bar or grab an outside table at the Pensacola Bay Brewery for a taste of their craft beers; for the sweet tooth, try Dolce for a great gelato; and only a short drive away is the Naval Aviation Museum, which rivals the Smithsonian in both size and exhibits - it is free and I would recommend taking one of the tours once you arrive. Our stay at the Lee House was magnificent, and we will certainly stay there again during our next visit to Pensacola.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lydia, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I just had a wedding reception at this venue, and everything was wonderful, Mrs. Norma was so helpful and so pleasent to be around, she made everyone feel at home, I would recommended this place to anyone intrested in staying in Pensacola or wanting to have an wedding there, it was worth every penny!! I promise you will be totally satisfied with all of there services, also if you do stay I highly recommend either planning a dinner or have chef blake cater your wedding!! His food is absolulety amazing!! Thanks again for everything Chef Blake and Mrs. Norma, I promise me and Josh will be back!!!

Thank you so much!!
My wedding day turned out absolutely wonderful and it was everything I ever dreamed of with your help!!!

Michelle Reaux

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 February 2012

`We stayed at the Lee House for only one night during a recent vacation. WOW. Norma's breakfast made us want to linger for more. What a beautiful place. The view of the bay is perfect and the small park just across the street is very cute. We walked to dinner and the downtown of Pensacola is a happening place. Lee House is perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed with them for an extended period of time... I must say- the only way to describe my stay: outstanding!! Norma acted like a mother to me, made sure I was up, had coffee and was ready for my day. She even provided me with a sport coat when needed (compliments of Pat of course). Pat and Norma really did a fantastic job with the Lee house. They offered suggestions for local events and restaurants. They treated me like part of the family. I will never forget my stay with them. It is my hope that I can visit them again in the future. Lastly, Norma makes breakfast herself and boy what a treat! Simply an amazing place!

Room Tip: Be sure to venture out and eat at the local establishments. They have bikes to borrow-- ride acro...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Alabama
Reviewed 15 September 2011

While we thought Lee House was a beautiful B & B, the location was great, the breakfast WAS amazing, we were not aware that this B & B was a venue for "events".Since we love staying at B & B's for the itimacy of the experience, we were a little disappointed that the house was bustling with an after rehearsal dinner on Friday night and a bridal luncheon on Saturday, therefore we were not comfortable hanging out in the "gathering room" or venturing into the kitchen. I will say that the house was spotless, our room was very very comfortable, with amazing beds and linens and the bathroom was very large with a great walk in shower. We would consider staying here again, but we will check with Norma to make sure that she is not hosting any private events for the weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank southernliving1
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our family stayed at Lee House in July 2011. We have visited Bed and Breakfast Inns around the world and Lee House is the most elegant and pleasant bed and breakfast that our family has ever enjoyed. Excellent food, warm hospitality, and a sparkling new facility - this is quality similar to the Four Seasons hotels at a fraction of the cost. There are many nice, locally owned restaurants within walking distance, interesting museums, the historic district, and a wrap-around porch to enjoy at sunset. Also a close drive to the beach. We watched the Blue Angels perform from the upper front porch. Highly recommended. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Been to Lee House? Share your experiences!