“Great Campers, non people service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pensacola
Oak Grove Park Campground
Reviewed 4 April 2010

The campground is a wonderful place to get away for a vacation in the RV or rent a cabin. The service has become non people freindly and very heavy handed. Always moving people around. Some how this place has lost the freindly nature it used to have. Makes the military look like the people serve it and not serving people. What a change from what we used to be.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank skipper02

Reviewed 9 March 2010

I, like the previous person read the reviews about Oak Grove Cabins and was amazed at the very negative review written about this place. My family and I are now retired from the Air Force. I first came in contact with Oak Grove when I was sent to attend a school at Corry Station just outside NAS Pensacola. It was during the summer and I decided to take the whole family with me. We checked into the Oak Grove Cabins and fell in love with the place. We have since returned 7 times for our annual vacation. I will grant that the cabins are not 5 star hotel quality. The beds are old but the sheets are clean, the Bathrooms are hugh and its super quiet. The entire beach seems to be your private beach. Its not crowded at all. The view is wonderful and since you are on a military installation you dont have to worry about your safety. Being in the military has taught me that simple things can mean a lot. Oak Grove Cabins may be simple but its beauty is in its simplicity. I have reservations made for June of 2010 already.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank OldCMSgt
Reviewed 27 December 2008

My family stayed at Oak Grove Campground and Cottages at Pensacola Naval Air Station Dec 24-26. We had a waterfront RV site and a two-bedroom cottage. After reading a negative review I was prompted to write about our very positive feelings about Oak Grove. We used it for our family Christmas reunion. The entire site is very well-maintained, quiet and in a beautiful setting with the beach on site. Although we had foggy weather, we could walk on the beach, and area around the campground and the Naval Air Museum was within walking distance. Guaranteed our weather was better than in many parts of the country. The RV site was spacious. The 2 bedroom cottage was very clean and well-appointed. It was not luxurious but very nicely and newly refurbished. Everything was in good order. Our group had ages 12-78--
eleven total, and we all enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank lynnhavenbeachgal
Reviewed 3 December 2008

My family and I stayed at this site to be close to and visit our son at the Naval Station, what a mistake!

Besides the bugs, small cramped quarters, saggy beds, smelly linens, and stale air conditioning there really was no benefit in staying here. For $20 more, I could have had a 3/3 condo on the water in Pensacola Beach!

If you going to visit with a loved one on the base, stay off the base! The kids do not want to be there any longer then they have to, and will beg you to stay off site; listen to them!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank johnluriejr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Oak Grove Park Campground? Share your experiences!