“Dirty! and no WIFI.”

Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
West Palm Beach
“Dirty! and no WIFI.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

All I wanted was a clean hotel room, and not only was the room I got dirty, but it was falling apart. Some of the reviews on TripAdvisor cite the poor cleaning and maintenance, and I'd say they are 100% credible. After arriving at our room, the first thing I did was check the bed and the bathroom floor. The bed was clean, and comfortable, but the bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned at all! There was sand and dirt all over the floor, and when I wiped a small area with a damp tissue, it came up black with grime. The floor had not been swept or mopped in who knows how long, the bath counter had lots of soap/toothpaste residue on it, soap scum all over the shower walls, and there was a layer of dust covering every horizontal surface in the room. I complained to the manager, Mike, who apologized profusely, offered to clean the floor, or upgrade us to another room. I declined the room, but asked for a cloth & cleaning solution so I could wipe down the room myself, and he agreed. He cleaned the floor for us.
I soon discovered that the toilet itself was loose, not fastened securely to the floor and talked to Mike again. He sent in maintenance, who said it couldn't be fixed easily, so I asked to be moved to another room. As that was underway, I heard the head of housekeeping talking to another employee and referring to me as a "jerk". I called her on it, she denied it, but I know what I heard. Unbelievable. When the new room was finally ready, I found that the plate in the microwave still had slimy food residue on it. Not surprising. And the rooms are supposed to have wifi, but it didn't work. I was told I would have to come out to the lobby area to use wifi.
Anyway, the bed was comfortable and clean, but the cleaning standards at this hotel are ABYSMAL!! We used this "Quality" Inn because it was close to family that we were visiting, and because we got a good off-season rate. Next time in town we will definitely spend more for a decent hotel. I filed a complaint with their corporate customer service and I'll be curious to see what their response is.

Room Tip: Use another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. There is no excuse for your findings so I will not try to sugar coat it. We were notified the next morning of this situation and proper action with staffing/training has taken place.
We have had some WiFi issues lately with our access points crashing. We have (since this past Friday) replaced one and had two more installed. Our WiFi is also in the process of being upgraded for generalized faster service. We were offering for our guest to come to the lobby area to use our office WiFi in order to speed up their service. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
I'm sure your experience will lead you in other directions, but please know we do not take these responses lightly and hope that you give us another try in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Mint Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Visited Pensacola, FL Labor Day weekend and booked this Choice Hotel online and was pleasantly surprised. Very nice and clean accommodations with a huge complimentary breakfast area with a view of Escambia Bay at !-10. Alot of hotels offer a complimentary breakfast; however, table space for eating is often limited. Not the case here. Very family friendly! As you walk into the lobby of this hotel it is very inviting as well as the staff who were very efficient and professional. I will definitely book this hotel again when in Pensacola, FL. for a short stay. It was a great value for the price paid!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
We're so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us this past Labor Day weekend! Maybe this can be your stop for all those future I-10 travels. Hint hint. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. It puts a smile on all our faces to read such great things from such wonderful guest!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We booked this room about 1am in the morning and it was a pleasant find. the room was clean and the beds were soft. Great friendly staff and the breakfast was really good. Nice place for a quick stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We're so glad you stopped and stayed with us! Our overnight staff is just as friendly as our day time staff and that's says something great about our employees! We love the compliments on the beds and breakfast as well. Please come and see us again!
Reviewed 29 July 2013

For what I paid for the room I expected more. The sheets on the bed hadnt been changed. The bed smelled like urine and the sheets had a big urine spot on them. I notified the front desk, got clean sheets but the smell was still there of course.

• Stayed July 2013
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I sincerely apologize for your experience during your stay. What you experienced is not acceptable and hopefully was straightened out immediately. We do change the sheets after every guest checks out. What you found was on the mattress pad and we apologize for looking that over. Please accept our deepest apologies. We hope you stay with us again sometime in the future.
Lexington, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Staff was great! Even looked some needed info up for me. Got me checked in early. Allowed me to park my motorcycle under the awning during a major rain. Breakfast was good, had gravy and biscuits, waffles, cereal, boiled eggs and pastries. They have a piano lounge, fitness center, pool and activity center. Right on the bay off I10

Room Tip: Ask for room over looking the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D B
Thank you so much for your great review! The rain has been crazy here lately! Our last two days have been bright and beautiful though. Thank goodness! Come back and visit us soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel is nowhere in comparison to the past Quality Inns I have stayed. When arriving on the property it appeared that people had been using the hotel as there resident as if it was an extended stay. They had plants on the balconies along with clothing hanging over the patio railing. When booking this hotel we were not informed that there were no elevators and we had family members that were unable to go up and down the stairs. The rooms had old musty smells to them. The sink in my room was not draining properly and therefore I had standing water in it. I informed the front desk on 3 occasions and it was not until I was getting ready to check out someone came to look at it. This hotel is far below the Quality Inn standards and what they charge for rooms you would expect better quality!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kdc22
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for your negative experience at our hotel. We do not prevent guest from bringing their plants as they travel through, nor do we prevent them from hanging their clothes off the balconies. If either of these actions impose on other guest, then we do take care of the issue right away. We would also like to apologize about your sink not draining properly. I'm not personally sure if there was some miscommunication or if the issue was checked and not followed up on, but I do apologize for the matter not being taken care of immediately and to your standards. This is not a normal occurrence to have a maintenance issue overlooked and not resolved right away. These issues, as are all comments from guest, will be brought up with the staff right away so that we may progressively learn and grow with your thoughts to help. Thank you so much and we hope you'll give us another try.
Marianna, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2013

When booking a room you are not told that the hotel has no elevator service.
Unless your young and athletic the tight stairs required for second floor entrance
are a challenge with luggage. The room air is difficult to breath, a musky feeling environment.
I have stayed at other Quality Inns and find this one below Quality Inn standards.
Desk shift supervisor is rude and unprofessional. This hotel was rated a four star. The
score is too high for this noisy and unprofessional environment.

Room Tip: Better stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7601QualityInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback on the matter. We do not have an elevator in place yet and gladly respond with this information when asked before arrival. We also cater to any special request with reservations, such as " a downstairs room preferred", when we are able to. We are very busy on the weekends during the summer and have lots of sports teams we cater to in order to fill our local sports complexes during the tournament seasons. Our lobby supplies a game room for the children and a separate bar area for the adults with jazz music by the very talented, Mr. Al Martin. Our hallways stay free and clear of any intrusive sounds as much as we can control and we quickly respond to any noise complaints. We fear that the interpretation of your front desk experience is due to you suggesting you would "sue them" for not having an elevator and having to plunge your own toilet. We would have liked to help you with your toilet but when the maintenance worker came to your room, he was quickly insulted and told you would handle it yourself. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and truly try to provide you with the best service possible. We hope that you do not pursue the charges you insisted towards our staff for not supplying the hotel with an elevator for you. We would like to apologize on behalf of the front desk supervisor in her response of defense towards you. Your comments will be noted and taken into full consideration.